There are 193 users in the forums

If we can only keep 2...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we can only keep 2...

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
wow, poeple would rather keep a DB and S over a QB that led them to a 13-3 record?

Defense led us to that record.

Los' said that he would take a paycut.

It's up to Desea.....er.......Dashon.
Goldson/Rodgers/Peyton manning
Originally posted by 49ersRealist:
GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO ST****!!!! You want to let your starting QB who got us 13 wins, 6 COMEBACK VICTORIES, Beat the Saints on his own in the 4th, Led the 49ers to fewest turnovers in NFL HISTORY go so you can have a flanky, 2nd year backup with no experience play? Just cause your excited to see him, this is why people laugh at Niners fans, your ridiculous. Now that we lost, your hopping off the Alex Bandwagon and want Collin Kapernot. Ridiculous man, its saddening to see so many people that know nothing about football.

Please check your inbox before posting again.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49ersRealist:
GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO ST****!!!! You want to let your starting QB who got us 13 wins, 6 COMEBACK VICTORIES, Beat the Saints on his own in the 4th, Led the 49ers to fewest turnovers in NFL HISTORY go so you can have a flanky, 2nd year backup with no experience play? Just cause your excited to see him, this is why people laugh at Niners fans, your ridiculous. Now that we lost, your hopping off the Alex Bandwagon and want Collin Kapernot. Ridiculous man, its saddening to see so many people that know nothing about football.

Please check your inbox before posting again.

he's actually right though
Originally posted by Snider8706:

He can't even play anymore. You know that right? His rehab is not going well.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

its the elephant in the room nobody is adressing, since august i havent heard any good news regarding any progress
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

its the elephant in the room nobody is adressing, since august i havent heard any good news regarding any progress

yup: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts-neck-injury-slow-progress-may-never-play-again-013012
Wow, this is even more even than I though it would be...

Carlos Rogers and Dashon Goldson: 30%

Carlos Rogers and Alex Smith: 31%

Alex Smith and Dashon Goldson: 39%
Goldson & alex ......but at the sametime carlos rodgers has been one of the best corners weve had in a very , very longtime

Picked Smith and Rogers because I feel that a good corner is more difficult to find than a good safety, but Goldson is one of my favorite 9ers so I hope he comes back. Bring back Brooks as well! And the Tony Montana squad! Bring back everyone!!! AHHHHH
I would think that market price has to be a reason why corners hit the market more than safeties do. It's cheaper/easier to pay market value to keep a safety than it is for a corner, isn't it?

I'd prefer to keep Smith and Rogers. The reason for Rogers over Goldson is that I think that Rogers is the smarter player, who knows how to make adjustments(see the first half of the NFC Championship vs the second half). I like having that smart, veteran presence in the secondary to teach the other guys. I think Goldson has talent and instincts, but so does Rogers.

The one thing that I think might affect this is the draft class. Seems to be a little deeper at CB that at FS. Baron from Bama is a beast, but doesn't look like a whole lot after him, and I doubt we'd take a safety in the first.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
wow, poeple would rather keep a DB and S over a QB that led them to a 13-3 record?

Probably because the DEFENSE is what led them to 13-3.
Why do people hold on to Alex? WHY?
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Probably because the DEFENSE is what led them to 13-3.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone