LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

If we can only keep 2...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we can only keep 2...

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
wow, poeple would rather keep a DB and S over a QB that led them to a 13-3 record?

Defense led us to that record.

^
I still don't think goldson is that good, but we must keep him till we have someone who is clearly better. Rogers I hope shows the good rodgers we saw all year, and not the redskins rogers we saw against the giants.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I still don't think goldson is that good, but we must keep him till we have someone who is clearly better. Rogers I hope shows the good rodgers we saw all year, and not the redskins rogers we saw against the giants.

Rogers got worked in the first half, came back in the second and put the brakes on Cruz. His ability to make adjustments is one of his best attributes, in my opinion.
Well..Smith is the only one that would be hard to replace. If we lost Rogers, we could try and get Terell Thomas from NYG or draft Kirkpatrick at 30 or the best CB available to start.
If we Lost Goldston, we would probably draft Markelle Martin.
Soo as big as a goldston fan that I am, id have to say bye to goldston become the talent drop-off would be the least.
I love all the niners though
its funny how some 9er fans still don't know how important Dashon Goldson to this defense, let alone the whole team.

but I'm sure these same fans are the ones who blame Goldson in the Giants game for injuring Brown, and making Rogers drop a INT.....these geniuses.

and did someone on the first page say that Goldson and T.O. have the same attitude.....and also we let Garcia go in favor of T.O.?

WTF? How...wha.....hmmm? I mean really, can a person just put on a 9er jersey and a cap and call themselves a fan?.....maybe post their "facts" in a 9er forum...this makes them a fan right?.lol

just pathetic.....some of you don't know s**t about our team.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
its funny how some 9er fans still don't know how important Dashon Goldson to this defense, let alone the whole team.

but I'm sure these same fans are the ones who blame Goldson in the Giants game for injuring Brown, and making Rogers drop a INT.....these geniuses.

and did someone on the first page say that Goldson and T.O. have the same attitude.....and also we let Garcia go in favor of T.O.?

WTF? How...wha.....hmmm? I mean really, can a person just put on a 9er jersey and a cap and call themselves a fan?.....maybe post their "facts" in a 9er forum...this makes them a fan right?.lol

it's a moot point anyway because we should be able to keep all 3 FAs. Rogers has stated he will probably give a bit of a hometown discount because he loves it here, Alex will want to be back(mutually beneficial for him and the team), and Goldson will probably get a franchise tag since he played like a top 5 safety this year(IMO only guys who were on his level would be Reed, Weddle, and Polamolu).

You mean, they haven't all taken the entrance examination? Then how do they get to be a fan?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Alex Smith and Rogers. It's not even close. A good QB and a Pro-Bowl CB >>>>>>>> Pro-Bowl Safety. I'd like to keep all 3 though.
Originally posted by English:

You mean, they haven't all taken the entrance examination? Then how do they get to be a fan?

Knowing simple things about the team...or at least not spewing off "facts" as if they were/are true....don't get me wrong, don't expect some to know every college some of our players went to, heck I don't.

How can someone say Goldson and T.O. have the same attitude? Based off what? Or we let Garcia go in favor of T.O.?

if you are going to mention the Garcia and T.O. situation.....at least know what the f'you are talking about....simple facts.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Alex Smith and Rogers. It's not even close. A good QB and a Pro-Bowl CB >>>>>>>> Pro-Bowl Safety. I'd like to keep all 3 though.

Rogers will be 31. Goldson is 27. CB's drop off fast after a certain age. Rogers will command huge money on the open market. Goldson being a safety will get a high but reasonable contract. Long term for the team Goldson makes more sense. I'd like to keep all 3 also though.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Rogers will be 31. Goldson is 27. CB's drop off fast after a certain age. Rogers will command huge money on the open market. Goldson being a safety will get a high but reasonable contract. Long term for the team Goldson makes more sense. I'd like to keep all 3 also though.
I like Rogers, and hope we can work something out....but worse case scenaro, we can slide over Brown into the starting role and have Cully or Spencer (we should bring him back if we lose Rogers) compete for the starting role.

if we lose Goldson, who do we put there? a rookie? bring back Reggie Smith?....C.J. Spillman?

if we lose Goldson, we are going to have to drastically improve our offense.....playing mistake free is not going to cut it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I agree with everything you said, but Rogers is a complete CB and can play zone or man. Few CBs can play both effectively and he relies on his route recognition skill and instincts rather than speed and quickness. Rogers is sort of like poor man's Charles Woodson. He can play at a high level for another 4-5 years. Also, he entered the league a little late, so he doesn't have the same wear-and-tear on his body as other CBs who entered the league at 21-22. Rogers will command big bucks in FA and it's because he plays CBs. Even if he can play next 3 years at a high level, we can structure the deal where we can cut him after 3-4 years.

Goldson played amazing against the Giants, and I'm on board with you for franchising him or even putting a transition tag on him. I'd like to see if he can play at a high level for another year before handing him a long-term deal. I'd like to see him curb the mental mistakes that lead to big plays ie. knowing when to be aggressive and when to play safe.

Alex is obviously the no.1 target.
Alex Smith and Carlos Rogers
Goldson first. Then Rogers. Then give Smith a two year deal for 6 per. And make him earn his way.
This place is going to explode when we don't sign C.Rogers, I hope some of you are already prepared
Share 49ersWebzone