There are 186 users in the forums

If we can only keep 2...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we can only keep 2...

If we can only keep 2, who stays?
wow, poeple would rather keep a DB and S over a QB that led them to a 13-3 record?
Alex and Rogers

But honestly, I believe all three will be starting game 1 next year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
wow, poeple would rather keep a DB and S over a QB that led them to a 13-3 record?

Defense led us to that record.
I think Goldson is a must. Nobody really behind him and we have had a hard time finding guys to fit back there. I'm hoping Alex and Rogers will consider taking less to stay with the team. Although if we are Ballsy, we can wait and see on Alex because I don't think he will generate a lot of interest around the league.
Originally posted by susweel:

Us Niner fans have been spoiled in recent years of good QB's... After we let jeff Garcia go in favor of Terrell Owens, look what happened.. And Goldson/TO have the same attitude... We are not letting alex smith walk.. we had 7 new starters on defense this year and we progressed not regressed.. so i wouldnt be suprised if we have at least 1 new defensive starter next year.. And you should know Harbaugh is not going to let this team fall on Kaepernick, and if we fail? Then who? Alex smith has at least proven he can keep us respectable.. your not going to chance that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

that
smith and goldson is the way i see it shaking down, although i'd prefer smith and rogers
Wow that was hard to vote but in all account the QB is the most important piece of the team and im sorry Id rather see Rogers and Smith on the field and giving Kaepernick a chance to grow then having a ball hawk who misses tackles at times Goldson... Please dont hurt me... lol

Sorry if I offended any Goldson fans, I am, but watch the replays from this year, the man can hit and hawk the ball but to many times Ive seen him over peruse and completely blow past a tackle which gave up first downs. There is times to make a tackle and others to crush the player... But in all he'll be back and I will be glad to see him again in Red and Gold.

P.S. He's a player to invest in.

Red and Gold
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

Us Niner fans have been spoiled in recent years of good QB's... After we let jeff Garcia go in favor of Terrell Owens, look what happened.. And Goldson/TO have the same attitude... We are not letting alex smith walk.. we had 7 new starters on defense this year and we progressed not regressed.. so i wouldnt be suprised if we have at least 1 new defensive starter next year.. And you should know Harbaugh is not going to let this team fall on Kaepernick, and if we fail? Then who? Alex smith has at least proven he can keep us respectable.. your not going to chance that.
I chose Goldson and Rogers. Keep this D together, let one of our younger quarterbacks Kap or Tolzien work with the new receivers we get in this draft and develop a long rapport. Three out of the four teams had great Defenses (AFC and NFC Championship Games). I say keep them together.
[ Edited by Bootlegger on Jan 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM ]

GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO ST****!!!! You want to let your starting QB who got us 13 wins, 6 COMEBACK VICTORIES, Beat the Saints on his own in the 4th, Led the 49ers to fewest turnovers in NFL HISTORY go so you can have a flanky, 2nd year backup with no experience play? Just cause your excited to see him, this is why people laugh at Niners fans, your ridiculous. Now that we lost, your hopping off the Alex Bandwagon and want Collin Kapernot. Ridiculous man, its saddening to see so many people that know nothing about football.
Originally posted by 49ersRealist:
GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO ST****!!!! You want to let your starting QB who got us 13 wins, 6 COMEBACK VICTORIES, Beat the Saints on his own in the 4th, Led the 49ers to fewest turnovers in NFL HISTORY go so you can have a flanky, 2nd year backup with no experience play? Just cause your excited to see him, this is why people laugh at Niners fans, your ridiculous. Now that we lost, your hopping off the Alex Bandwagon and want Collin Kapernot. Ridiculous man, its saddening to see so many people that know nothing about football.

if your not an alex guy, you'd admit he had a decent to good season, but deep down most of non-alex guys want to move on, its just the way it is

the guy is a realist.

Wow Feel Better?

Now that that's over, please don't try and make this into a QB bashing thread. I posted this because all 3 would be great to bring back; but we may not have the $$$ to do it. I thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss and see what others take on it would be.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Wow Feel Better?

Now that that's over, please don't try and make this into a QB bashing thread. I posted this because all 3 would be great to bring back; but we may not have the $$$ to do it. I thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss and see what others take on it would be.

anything involving alex will quickly turn into a whos an alex guy and whos not debate
Share 49ersWebzone