There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Originally posted by okdkid:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reporting that Patriots' OC, Bill O'Brien, is the leading candidate for the Penn State job. The two sides are meeting this week to hammer out a deal.

http://espn.go.com/boston/ncf/story/_/id/7410374/penn-state-nittany-lions-want-hire-new-england-patriots-bill-obrien-sources-say

Please let this be true.
Who would of guessed a child molesting defensive coordinator would be the reason we could potentially lose our OC.

Shiy
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Please let this be true.

Why would it matter? This isnt Nolan or Sing that relied 100% on coordinators.
I think Roman will stay. I think we have built that kind of loyalty. All these guys owe Alex one for sticking with the team. Turnabout is fair play.
f**k!!!
Originally posted by VA49er:
I think Roman will stay. I think we have built that kind of loyalty. All these guys owe Alex one for sticking with the team. Turnabout is fair play.

I think Roman has loyalty to Harbaugh but to say they should stay for Alex is funny Smith wanted to look elsewhere if there wasn't a lockout. We got lucky things worked out well.
Hopefully he doesn't go anywhere. Let's do some damage in the playoffs and get even better in the off-season!
I understand everyone's worries and all considering our past issues with keeping coordinators but losing Roman is not gonna be as big a deal as everyone is making it be. Harbaugh is not Erickson, or Nolan or Singletary, Harbaugh will find a good replacement or he will call his own plays.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
If we get a new OC and Alex struggles next year because he is having to learn a new system, I think I'm going to scream.
Originally posted by Shaj:
If we get a new OC and Alex struggles next year because he is having to learn a new system, I think I'm going to scream.

will still be WCO

notto mention he did fine this year without an offseason
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
smartfootball Smart Football

Was at Stanford w/ Harbaugh. Would be decent hire, really RT@nfldraftscout: #49ers OC Greg Roman interviewing for Penn State job.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

You really think Alex Smith's continued development is dependent on Greg Roman? It is 100% Jim Harbaugh. He made Alex the QB he is right now and as long as he is the HC we wont have to worry about losing offensive coaches.

That would just buy him 7 more years.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

Confirmed: Source said #49ers OC Greg Roman is one of finalists for Penn State job. Decision expected within a week.
Originally posted by susweel:

That would just buy him 7 more years.

I hope so.