Originally posted by okdkid:
I hope so.

this yayyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Shaj:
If we get a new OC and Alex struggles next year because he is having to learn a new system, I think I'm going to scream.

That would just buy him 7 more years.

I hope so.

Yay
Per Branch . . .

#49ers OC Greg Roman was offered the Tulane job earlier this season and turned it down. Tulane hired Curtis Johnson.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

#49ers OC Greg Roman was offered the Tulane job earlier this season and turned it down. Tulane hired Curtis Johnson
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
If we get a new OC and Alex struggles next year because he is having to learn a new system, I think I'm going to scream.

You really think Alex Smith's continued development is dependent on Greg Roman? It is 100% Jim Harbaugh. He made Alex the QB he is right now and as long as he is the HC we wont have to worry about losing offensive coaches.

How much do you want to bet if he struggles with a new OC it will not be Alex's fault? The best predictor of the future is the past. Let's just hope that we don't change OC's, because I don't buy the Harbaugh thing. Being functional requires everything be perfect with Smith. A new OC could derail him for 1 year. We need him to keep doing what he's doing and improving.
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

#49ers OC Greg Roman was offered the Tulane job earlier this season and turned it down. Tulane hired Curtis Johnson

• Jcool
  • Veteran
How much do you want to bet if he struggles with a new OC it will not be Alex's fault? The best predictor of the future is the past. Let's just hope that we don't change OC's, because I don't buy the Harbaugh thing. Being functional requires everything be perfect with Smith. A new OC could derail him for 1 year. We need him to keep doing what he's doing and improving.

Isn't Harbaugh in charge of the play-calling anyway?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

nope. He helps Roman create a game plan. Roman calls the play, but Harbaugh always has veto power.

Roman calls the plays, they go through Harbaugh to Smith.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

If thats the case then why are teams looking to hire that fat f**k Roman for anything besides a pie eating contest.

No, no, no.

It's been made pretty clear that Roman is the play caller and Harbaugh relays the play to Smith.
Doesn't matter its Harbaugh's offence the system wont change he will simply bring someone in that can contribute to what he wants the offence to be.

You really think Alex Smith's continued development is dependent on Greg Roman? It is 100% Jim Harbaugh. He made Alex the QB he is right now and as long as he is the HC we wont have to worry about losing offensive coaches.

Well he had a new system and new coordinator this year and didn't struggle so....
i hate how teams always look to steal our oc's even when our offense doesnt show s**t
Share 49ersWebzone