LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we do wel next year, then maybe. However, it is far too soon for teamsto be interested in Roman. IT would not suprise me, but I do not see it happening yet.
Make it stop
In this situation I might even actively endorse it, Roman hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire. Holding out hope for Trestman or Norv Turner.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Originally posted by gamechanger:

ha! i knew roman looked familiar..thanks for pointing it out lol

When I saw him in the booth during the Rams game yesterday, it reminded me of this dude flying the ship as I seen him through the glass. LOL
Originally posted by crabman82:
guys we got harbaugh, he'll find us good football guys no matter who leaves

+1.

Also, the system and playbook is not going to change.
If Roman must leave then so be it. He has done an admirable job with Alex Smith. However, I think his influence on the offense has been so conservative. Maybe we can just replace his productivity without missing a beat.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
In this situation I might even actively endorse it, Roman hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire. Holding out hope for Trestman or Norv Turner.

Norv? Scrap the WCO terminology after one year and back to the digit system? And Trestman hasn't worked in the NFL since 2004.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
ESPN's Joe Schad just reported live during the Houston/Penn State halftime that Bill O'Brien is the choice.

He said Penn State likes O'Brien because he has significant North East ties, which will help in recruiting.
[ Edited by okdkid on Jan 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM ]
Hopefully Roman breaks the trend and decides to stay.
I actually think we could do better than Roman, so would not weep. That said, kind of surprised if he does get taken this year. We'll see.

Originally posted by okdkid:
ESPN's Joe Schad just reported live during the Houston/Penn State halftime that Bill O'Brien is the choice.

hopefully they are just using Roman as a negotiating tool against O'Brien
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

There is no way we go after those two. If Roman get a HC job some where I see the JH promoting Chris Geep. I think that JH would take over the majority of the play calling next year if that were to happen.
I feel sorry for whoever takes the Penn State HC job. Hopefully Roman stays.
please no ore change at OC

can we have at least one OC stay at least 2 to 3 years?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by okdkid:
Every freaking year.

Share 49ersWebzone