There are 173 users in the forums

Hate the Lions but Go Lions!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the Lions beat the Saints we avoid the Saints and get to play the winner between the Falcons/Giants or Cowboys. Subsequentally the Lions that almost beat the Pack albeit without Arod would be a tough matchup again for the Pack. Thus our road is easier if the Lions win. Thoughts gentlemen???
Umm... Wouldnt we still be playing the winners of the 3/6th seed no matter what? While Packers get winner of 4/5th seed?

Thats my understanding. WE go by brackets not the higher seed.

Correct me anyone??
I don't give a f**k, bring on the Saints. If you're going to win, might as well go big. I think the Lions are going to get outrageously blown out by the Saints anyways. Want to see this team butt heads with the best so if they win, there's no doubt or excuses about how good of a team the 49ers are and if they lose, this team will know exactly what areas it needs to focus on in the offseason to improve and become a stronger contender next year.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM ]
  • bfree
  • Veteran
Originally posted by newjersey24:
Umm... Wouldnt we still be playing the winners of the 3/6th seed no matter what? While Packers get winner of 4/5th seed?

Correct me anyone??

You are wrong. We play the highest seed, so we could end up playing anybody other than the Lions.

Correct me anyone??

We play the highest remaining seed thus the Lions a 6 seed can only advance to play GB
f**k that I hope Gym Shorts gets raped. Bring on the Saints.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
f**k that I hope Gym Shorts gets raped. Bring on the Saints.

Seriously, I don't f**king care much for facing the Giants/Cowboys/Falcons, I WANT REVENGE FOR MNF LAST YEAR, I WANT REVENGE FOR PRESEASON!!!
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM ]
Maiocco tweeted this:

The only NFC playoff teams the 2nd-seeded 49ers can't face in divisional round Jan.14/15 at Candlestick Park are top-seeded GB or No.6 Det.
I don't want us to play any tam we have already played. Tough to beat a team twice. Would rather play the one dimensional Saints.Every team we played twice was either a loss or a tough win.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't want us to play any tam we have already played. Tough to beat a team twice. Would rather play the one dimensional Saints.Every team we played twice was either a loss or a tough win.

Agree 100%

i would love nothing better to knock around the Saints and then beat GB in the championship game
I would rather play the Falcons, Dallas, and Giants in that order -- I think we match up well to beat those teams. Saints are crazy good on offense. But I don't give the Lions a chance in hell of beating the Saints at home!
bring on the saints
Originally posted by bfree:

Correct me anyone??

You are wrong. We play the highest seed, so we could end up playing anybody other than the Lions.

Correct. They are re-seeded after each round. This isn't bracketology.
Share 49ersWebzone