LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Hate the Lions but Go Lions!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
You want to be the best, you got to beat the best, bring on the Saints then Packers and hopefully the Ravens in the SB.

i disagree with this logic

whoever wins is the better team
if lions beat the saints then they were the better team

let the chips fall where they may we just have to do our part

Not necessarily. Those teams could play 10 times straight and I'm pretty sure the Saints would win a larger percentage of them. It's any given Sunday. Any team can win, but I myself (along with probably most others) believe the Saints are the better team. That's probably what overthemiddle meant.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't give a f**k, bring on the Saints. If you're going to win, might as well go big. I think the Lions are going to get outrageously blown out by the Saints anyways. Want to see this team butt heads with the best so if they win, there's no doubt or excuses about how good of a team the 49ers are and if they lose, this team will know exactly what areas it needs to focus on in the offseason to improve and become a stronger contender next year.

pimp!!!!
if the saints want some come get some LETS GO!!!!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If the Lions beat the Saints, then we would have to play a hot Lions team, IMO just as bad if not worse.
I'm honestly not that afraid of the Saints.

They'll be in our house again. Last year, we played them to the gun. Took a FG at the buzzer to beat us... and that was under SINGLETARY.

You're telling me we're not a better team a year later? Bring it on.
funny to see schwartz go ballistic when the refs blew a call, calling titus young out of bounds when he clearly was in for a td....lions were out of challenegs and had to settle for a field goal
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't want us to play any tam we have already played. Tough to beat a team twice. Would rather play the one dimensional Saints.Every team we played twice was either a loss or a tough win.

They aren't one dimensional though. People just think that cuz they got Breezy...

Their running game is damn good.
I ain't scurred of the Saints.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

motivation songs:

we aint never scared - bone crusher
lets go - lil jon
i dont give a F*** - lil jon
whats happenin - ying yang twins
after i read some things.. i now feel better bout playing the saints

IF the saints win.. which is very likely.. they will have a short week to travel across the country to play us in our house. so thats a big plus for us
we will have 2 whole weeks to rest and game plan on them.
their routes and all that will not be so amazing since they will be running on grass and who knows what kind of weather we will have... im thinking colder/foggy... but thats just a shot in the dark.. no evidence or research behind that lol its just that time of the year.

so the favor is in our hands.. we will have no good reason why we lose unless the refs blow a bunch of calls or something.

• vaden
  • Veteran
There were actually some very promising signs in that Lions-Saints game a month ago. Although they lost by 14, they outgained the Saints and dominated time of possession by 10 minutes. Of course, as usual, they beat themselves with dumb penalties. Hanson also missed 2 fgs. I don't think it will happen, but this team can definitely go in there and win. They are just as talented, if not moreso, and Stafford has been playing at Brees' level.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I'm honestly not that afraid of the Saints.

They'll be in our house again. Last year, we played them to the gun. Took a FG at the buzzer to beat us... and that was under SINGLETARY.

You're telling me we're not a better team a year later? Bring it on.
Thank You
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Holy ****. The Saints converted 56.7% of 3rd downs this year, probably an NFL record. No other team was above 48%. They are playing at such a high level that I think they'll actually be favored at SF. I hope they are, because that should give us a mental edge.

They also shattered by 400 the Rams' 2000 record for most yards in a season, and finished 3rd all time in scoring. This may be the greatest offense in NFL history. I think we'll need at least 24 points and probably 30+ to win.
[ Edited by vaden on Jan 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
[ Edited by vaden on Jan 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM ]
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

motivation songs:

we aint never scared - bone crusher
lets go - lil jon
i dont give a F*** - lil jon
whats happenin - ying yang twins

You have just proven you have terrible taste in rap music.
Share 49ersWebzone