LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dashon Goldson: Age 27

Carlos Rogers: Age 30

Look at the #'s folks. I'd rather take the risk of an uncovered Rogers. He has 1 - 2 years of really good play left (Rogers). Goldson may have 5 - 6. He's an absolute ball hawk out there. He catches every tipped pass. He hits like a truck. His instincts and angles he takes are outstanding. The guy we can't afford to lose is GOLDSON!

Rogers says he wants to finish as a 49er. So I take that chance with a big contract over 3 years he may sign with us again anyway. We can't leave Goldson uncovered. We can't! Big dropoff in the back end without him.

Ted Ginn I think we can get to come back for a big "return man contract." We need him for field position.

Alex Smith has finally found the teacher he needs to continue to develop. Almost no way he wants to go to another team. I think he would be out of his mind to leave Harbaugh. So for a pretty good contract value I think he will come back.

These are the 4 guys I think we need to resign. But Goldson is by far the most dangerous to leave uncovered in FA. Discuss.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 20, 2011 at 5:19 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I trust Baalke will make the proper decision.
Originally posted by susweel:
I trust Baalke will make the proper decision.

I do too. But I think this is the right move. Tag Goldson. Throw money at Rogers. But he is 30 already (Rogers). 31 next year so if we lose him it's real bad but not the end of the world.
someone gonna get tagged i dont really care who
After making the playoffs for the first time I'm sure these two players will want to come back. I trust in Baalke to do what's best for the team.
yea we need to retain the hawk for sure
offer him the same contract as last year minus 1 year of course
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Allx9er:

His asking price is higher if he goes to the pro bowl and on a winning team with an elite defense.

lol if only it were that simple, all this wanting to be here stuff is cute, but its about money
Originally posted by crabman82:

lol if only it were that simple, all this wanting to be here stuff is cute, but its about money

Yeah. Cute. He will have to get paid this offseason. People want to be where the $$$$$$ is.

Originally posted by Ajanke:
After making the playoffs for the first time I'm sure these two players will want to come back. I trust in Baalke to do what's best for the team.

I trust him too but the more dangerous guy to leave unprotected is Goldson. He's younger and a huge clean up factor in our back end defense. Rogers is really playing outstanding but he is getting older. How many more great years does Rogers have compared with Goldson?
we need to FT Swain
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Yeah. Cute. He will have to get paid this offseason. People want to be where the $$$$$$ is.

us normal people often dont get it, always here ppl say something like whats the difference between 26 and 33 million, the answer is 7 million and thats a lot of money, its often what these things come down to
Originally posted by susweel:

His asking price is higher if he goes to the pro bowl and on a winning team with an elite defense.

Yeah. Some of these guys are so unrealistic....
Really hitting the happy pills hard today, huh SD?

Anyway, I'd be surprised if the tag is used on him. Goldson didn't generate a whole lot of interest through the abbreviated offseason (which was somewhat surprising) so I'm wondering if it will be any different this year - maybe it will be, but, dude needs to clean up some of his tackles and not always go for the big hits. It didn't matter much in the end but he whiffed on some tackles last night that needed to be made.

I know it's generally all about the money but it would be nice to see some players stick around as something special is being built here.
Share 49ersWebzone