LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

49er Fans, our offense and the wave

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
ppl just get loud and dumb with booze, i know i do

Another reason to ban booze at sporting events.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by crabman82:
ppl just get loud and dumb with booze, i know i do

Another reason to ban booze at sporting events.

boo this man
No booze at sporting events? f**k that s**t
I'm always yelling at people to be quiet while we're on offense at the game. It's pretty ridiculous. With that said, if you don't buy the tickets and show up, well, you don't get a say in what happens at the game. If you're gonna b***h, buy the tickets ladies...
Originally posted by boqi:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Not a fan of the wave (definitely did not participate) but I had to admit the one going on yesterday was impressive. A section had been trying to get one going for almost a quarter. And finally they got one to go a complete circle. Then during a timeout they started another one and it kept going. It lasted damn near the whole drive. And everytime it made a loop people would get louder.

Normally it would be annoying but the atmosphere at the stick was pretty cool. Everyone was happy. We were up 19-0 at that point and had clinched the NFC west for the first time in 10 years. So I don't care if people want to get the wave going. And judging by everyone else participating in the wave, nobody else cared either. And if it bugs Staley so much, oh well. Not like he doesn't false start enough as it is.

Agree 100% and with everyone else who was there, like me, and thought the wave was cool.

I've lost all respect for Joe Staley. He's the same guy who complained the week we lost to Dallas that it "felt like an away game." He's ALWAYS complaining about the fans. He should concentrate on his game and stop being a hypocrite, making stupid videos like "The Joe Staley Show" and then dumping gatorade on Harbs after beating the Rams? How original of him. And here he is complaining about the fans and the wave. I hope we trade his ***.

You're really coming off as being ignorant right now.

Of course he complained about the Dallas game. EVERYONE should have. No cheering for the home team, everyone cheering for the away team, huge amount of the oppositions fan base in the stadium, it was terrible. Everyone here was amazed by it when we were watching it. Things like crowd level make a huge difference in the game and are the reason why teams like Seattle have such a good advantage at home. Making fun of a player and saying we should trade him because he wants the fans to be smart and give the team that advantage... I mean, really dude?

I've seen Staley be nothing but nice to fans. He makes the videos because he knows the fans love them and he gets a ton of positive feedback about it. He even lets fans on twitter decide who is on the show. He cares a BUNCH for the fans and just wants them to help the team out when they can. If that makes him a bad player, I wish we had more bad players on this team.

Oh and he didn't dump Gatorade on Harbaugh because we beat the Rams. He dumped Gatorade on Harbaugh because we just won the division and clenched a playoff spot for the first time since 2002.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
I'm always yelling at people to be quiet while we're on offense at the game. It's pretty ridiculous. With that said, if you don't buy the tickets and show up, well, you don't get a say in what happens at the game. If you're gonna b***h, buy the tickets ladies...

Thats correct in essence, but there are quite a few people (myself included) that don't have the luxury of going to the game for a plethora of reasons. Be it monetary problems, distance issues or family obligations. I think just about any of us would be going to the games if we could and we shouldn't have to be quiet about how crappy our fans are being there just because we're not in a position to go.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

Thats correct in essence, but there are quite a few people (myself included) that don't have the luxury of going to the game for a plethora of reasons. Be it monetary problems, distance issues or family obligations. I think just about any of us would be going to the games if we could and we shouldn't have to be quiet about how crappy our fans are being there just because we're not in a position to go.

I don't disagree with that. I go to all the games and am definitely not one of the people doing the wave or yelling while we're on offense trying to work. I think this forum is the wrong place to b***h about it though, considering people who go to the games and are also on this forum are most likely not the ones doing those things. It'd be much better if all the people on this forum, whom are obviously passionate about the 49ers (mostly ) were the ones going to the games. Alas, it's just like voting, if you're not going, you're not going to make a difference.
[ Edited by Lott49ersFan on Dec 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM ]
I agree that the people here aren't the ones screwing the offense up(although it seems there's at least one person in this thread who is okay with it), I think this thread is more of a way for OP to get something of his chest, nawwww mean?
Share 49ersWebzone