LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 445 users in the forums

49er Fans, our offense and the wave

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry, but the wave is for baseball. It is so embaressing, this is football. How can you be bored when you're up 26-0? I wan't to see the scoreboard lit up some more. Real fans don't get bored no matter what the score is. I rather everyone stand for the eniterty of the game (even though I know the park doesn't like that. I know cause I got kicked out for it, lol).
  • boqi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CMBieschke:
Sorry, but the wave is for baseball. It is so embaressing, this is football. How can you be bored when you're up 26-0? I wan't to see the scoreboard lit up some more. Real fans don't get bored no matter what the score is. I rather everyone stand for the eniterty of the game (even though I know the park doesn't like that. I know cause I got kicked out for it, lol).

You're not a real fan though. You're just a douchebag and an idiot. Look, I'm fine with standing when it's appropriate, I think everyone is. But if you stand for the whole game, most likely you are blocking someone. And if you don't heed the warnings to sit down, it's your own fault for getting kicked out.

And guess what, your empty seat is more pathetic than the wave.
Me and my wife go to all the Gamecock games and the wave is done nearly every time. I have to say the students have a wicked wave tradition that the perform. They first get a normal wave going, on the second trip around the stadium everybody does the wave in super slow motion for the second trip. On the final trip around everybody does the wave at 2x speed and the wave wips around the stadium and the crowd goes crazy. It's pretty cool.
Trust me I am a real fan. Up to this year (cause I moved for work), I haven't missed a home game in 5 years. I've been to plenty of college games where people stand the entire time and you get yelled at if you sit down. I'm ok if you sit if there is no action on the field or if the offense is on the field. But you should be at least standing when the defense is on the field and yelling the entire time. It's what makes the home field advantage an advantage for the home team.
Originally posted by CMBieschke:

says who? they do the wave in "When Harry Met Sally" and they're at a NYG game.
Must be a west coast thing
One thing i wanna know, why is there so many empty seats????
Originally posted by King49er:

people spontaneously combusted with joy.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

turrible, just turrible. Although I had to leave the giants game early to catch a flight. Other than that, there is no excuse to leave ur seat. Unless we're getting blown out.

Whether in the 1st quarter or the 4th, there's always a lot of empty seats. And rows of 3-5 seats everywhere.

They must be women or those homos from the beer commercial that all go to the restroom at the same time.

People were getting loud because were were about to clinch the NFC West, sheeeeit.

It was pretty packed yesterday, but here are some reasons I think why the seats looked empty at times..

1.) The stadium is old, so it takes a while for you to get up and go use the restroom (long lines of people not in their seats) or to get food/drinks. Especially at Halftime / between quarters when everyone leaves their seats. Its usually mid 3rd Quarter before everyone gets back to their seats due to lines after the half...
2.) The scalpers that are also season ticket holders (Ticket Brokers) try to sell the tickets for 3X the value. Therefore they are not sold. (You know this because we are always televised = sold out games).
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Seriously our fans need to educate themselves. I can't tell you how many times our offense is on the field and the stadiums starts to go nuts. Everytime we decide to go for it on 4th down the place starts going crazy (and I believe it has led to 2 false starts on us). You can see our sideline and the players are asking the fans to be quiet. In the stadium they have even started changing the displays to say "Offense at work. Please be quiet". None of it works.

My suggestion is then instead of saying "Offense at work. Please be quiet", they should change it to "Shut the f**k up".

I cant see why they cant give it a try during the playoffs.
Oh, and the "EXIT" routes from "The Stick" suck. So if your not tailgating after the game (Which we can not do anymore from the Raiders pre-season game), it can take up to 2 hours just to get home. So I see a bunch of people always leaving early regardless of the score...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think our jumbo tron operator needs to get with it. They need to show "Quiet Please, let the offense communicate" notifications on the jumbo tron.

they really do need to start doing this. But I think the jumbo tron operator is just as clueless as most of the fans.

Either you dont go to home games or you dont look at the jumbo tron much. They put that up all the time.. "Quiet Please and Make Noise" depending on O or D being on the field...
Share 49ersWebzone