LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 336 users in the forums

49er Fans, our offense and the wave

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seriously our fans need to educate themselves. I can't tell you how many times our offense is on the field and the stadiums starts to go nuts. Everytime we decide to go for it on 4th down the place starts going crazy (and I believe it has led to 2 false starts on us). You can see our sideline and the players are asking the fans to be quiet. In the stadium they have even started changing the displays to say "Offense at work. Please be quiet". None of it works.

My suggestion is then instead of saying "Offense at work. Please be quiet", they should change it to "Shut the f**k up".
Fans are fans Team has to execute bottom line. If they went into Detroit and got a win with that crowd noise then this shouldn't bother them. Playoffs are coming and they better get used to crowd noise.
Thank you. You could tell AS was screaming loudly to make the calls and it's a friggin home game! Majority of the home crowd doesn't know when to get loud at times.
Must be due to the high immigrant fanbase in the Bay Area.

"Ret's go PortyNiners, Ret's Go!"
Lol I yell for every play at the games even the coin toss.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Fans are fans Team has to execute bottom line. If they went into Detroit and got a win with that crowd noise then this shouldn't bother them. Playoffs are coming and they better get used to crowd noise.

Wrong. You have home field advantage for a reason. Every other teams fans figure this out. Why can't ours? If it comes playoff time and our fans continue to make noise while our offense is on the field I am going to lose it.
As usual you cant tell the fans anything, they know everything, but what do I know.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Wrong. You have home field advantage for a reason. Every other teams fans figure this out. Why can't ours? If it comes playoff time and our fans continue to make noise while our offense is on the field I am going to lose it.

This. That 4th down noise, I was yelling at the TV like, WTF are we doing getting loud NOW? But SF has more fair-weather fans who really don't commit enough emotionally to care in detail about the game.

Most of my friends from the Bay Area have been ONLY 49ers fans for decades but they watch a 49ers game and pretty much only keep up with the score while getting busy doing other things here and there. Then they look at me and are like, dude, you don't just watch the game, you analyze it. I'm like, because I'm a true fan.
LOL @ mentioning the wave in the thread title, but never addressing it in the thread.
I agree 100%. Every game when our offense is on a 3rd or 4th down a lot of fans get overly excited. I am constantly telling niner fans in my section to shut it up...Props for making noise and getting loud and all but rest that wind pipe when our offense is on the field. Save it for our defense and special teams that when that stadium needs to erupt.

Niner fans have always yelled during the offensive drives, dunno why, every fan I meet says they know to be quite on offense, but yet, we never are. I guess we are just an excitable bunch!
I noticed the wave going on behind the goal posts as Akers was lining up for a field goal at one point... That can't help our cause. Seriously... the wave is played out anyway.
The stadium fans should have been chanting "Alex, Alex, Alex!" after he was taken out. Give the guy his props for turning it around.

Yeah, watching on TV seeing the fans doing that "wave" thing was embarrasing.

C'mon, really??
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They just having a little fun.

When we're up 26-0 It's hard to get upset about the fans making too much noise. If the game is contestable, I'd agree.
Share 49ersWebzone