LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

49er Fans, our offense and the wave

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ppl just get loud and dumb with booze, i know i do
It had no tangible effect on the game, but it showed bad form and bad judgement IMO. I don't like the wave to begin with, but if you feel compelled to do it at least show enough football IQ to wait until the Rams are on offense . . .
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
drunk derps gonna derp.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It had no tangible effect on the game, but it showed bad form and bad judgement IMO. I don't like the wave to begin with, but if you feel compelled to do it at least show enough football IQ to wait until the Rams are on offense . . .

...to not do it at all. It's football! There's not time to watch the game and do the wave unless you want to do it during a timeout.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
whoever runs that board and sound system has no idea what they're doing either. They display the "make some noise" and "defense" signs when the opposing team is on first or second down, but rarely on 3rd downs?
Used to be a time when people at the stick knew what was up. Fans learn how to act from other fans, so the veterans need to gently remind the noobs what to do out there in the stands.
I personally like the ol' candlestick wave. I don't see anywhere else these days except in SF.
  • THEB
  • Veteran

If it had no tangible effect than the players wouldnt be tweeting about it.

@jstaley74
Thanks to the fans for being so supportive and great this year so far. Keep it up. Just don't start the wave anymore when we are on offense

@AnthonyDavis76 were u as embarrassed at the stadium wave goin on durin offense, as i was?•• pissed bc i couldnt hear alex

So yeah, can you guy STFU while were on offense? s**t its football fan 101!!
[ Edited by THEB on Dec 5, 2011 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by THEB:

@jstaley74
Thanks to the fans for being so supportive and great this year so far. Keep it up. Just don't start the wave anymore when we are on offense

@AnthonyDavis76 were u as embarrassed at the stadium wave goin on durin offense, as i was?•• pissed bc i couldnt hear alex

So yeah, can you guy STFIU while were on offense? s**t its football fan 101!!

I think our jumbo tron operator needs to get with it. They need to show "Quiet Please, let the offense communicate" notifications on the jumbo tron.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
they need to make you take a pop quiz at the ticket booth to make sure people arent completely football retarded before steping foot intlo the stands.

from selling tickets to other fans and being loud when the offense is on the field our home crowd can be beyond dumb
I can proudly say I was watching the game in one of the bars in the stadium during halftime and third quarter, so I was NOT apart of the wave.

Every game I find myself doing the whole "quiet down" motion. I love the Niners, but our fanbase has a strong element of ignorant people in regards to football. I'm starting to think its a San Francisco thing. I saw and heard some dumb things during the SF Giants run as well. That's what happens when you start winning though. You start to gain a lot of new fans (along with bandwagon fans).

Personally, I'll put up with it because I have NEVER been to a playoff game!!!!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by THEB:

@jstaley74

So yeah, can you guy STFIU while were on offense? s**t its football fan 101!!

I think our jumbo tron operator needs to get with it. They need to show "Quiet Please, let the offense communicate" notifications on the jumbo tron.

They do.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
I personally like the ol' candlestick wave. I don't see anywhere else these days except in SF.

That's because it is quite gay
The wave is a BASEBALL thing because there's lots of downtime. It has no place in any FOOTBALL stadium.

Pathetic.
Share 49ersWebzone