LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

Thursday Night NFL Network FX

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
And if anyone noticed when watching, they show Alex and Braylon talking to each other on the sideline about that INT, Alex saying to Braylon - I thought you were gonna go inside.

And if anyone noticed when watching, they show Alex and Braylon talking to each other on the sideline about that INT, Alex saying to Braylon - I thought you were gonna go inside.

And did you see the look on smiths face afterwards. He looked upset , to say the least.
Originally posted by jdean:

And did you see the look on smiths face afterwards. He looked upset , to say the least.

Here is the link: http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8247c506/Sound-FX-49ers-miscues

This is very depressing to watch.
its gonna reair Tuesday at 1pm pacific time on NFLN.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah and on the drive where we got the FG, we should've got a roughing the passer IMO. Ball was long gone and he still wound up on his back!!! Another thing, Anthony davis played horrible this game. He got worked worse than chilo, on one of those sacks Chilo actually picked his man up real well on a stunt and AD got beat by Ngata real easy, he just got pushed in the chest and never even blocked him.

edit: another thing I noticed is Ray Rice is a GIGANTIC douche. Jesus christ!!!

If RR was a 49er, you'd love him.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Yeah and on the drive where we got the FG, we should've got a roughing the passer IMO. Ball was long gone and he still wound up on his back!!! Another thing, Anthony davis played horrible this game. He got worked worse than chilo, on one of those sacks Chilo actually picked his man up real well on a stunt and AD got beat by Ngata real easy, he just got pushed in the chest and never even blocked him.

eh probably but he's on the other team with an ego the size of new york so f**k him.

btw I have a feeling you're only saying that because he's on your fantasy team or something like that
Originally posted by NickSh49:

eh probably but he's on the other team with an ego the size of new york so f**k him.

btw I have a feeling you're only saying that because he's on your fantasy team or something like that

Nah. I rolled with Mike Turner & Matt Forte this year.

I have Rice on all 3 of my teams, but you do know that we have players that talk a lot too, right?
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
dang looks like i completely missed. if anyone finds a way to watch the whole thing online i would really appreciate it.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Here is the link: http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8247c506/Sound-FX-49ers-miscues

This is very depressing to watch.

OMG, that fist clip of D.Walker WIDE f**king open is the reason I still have no faith in Smith. Sure he can dink and dunk all day, but the ones he misses are the throws a real QB makes. Also, he waited till the very last second to get the ball to VD where all he could do was run out of bounds. Could've hit him earlier and gave him more running room. But man, Walker was GONE!
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 28, 2011 at 5:50 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erJim:
did anyone catch the part where Alex is telling the ref that the Guard 62 never touched the player or something like that and the ref says, that he did when you watch the film you will see it was Huge?? What a bunch of BS. The replay shows he barly touched him and the player was already going back wards. it was a horrible call. Its funny how John Har really works the Refs, hes a pro at it. He worked them very hard in this game, and he really wanted to win this game big time. Not much at all on Jim Har??

LOL. this. What a tool that official was..."Big time chop block."

Stupid zebras.

Originally posted by 49erJim:
Did you guys see on the side lines Alex talking to the OL Coach and telling him, all I see is colors and its not just one guy its like 3 at a time. Our O-Line played horrible, I see one play where Alex got sacked and number 62 does not even move, he does not even lay a hand on the d-lineman and Alex had no chance at all. Also we did not have Miller in the game and I think that really hurt us. I also saw a clip where Frank Gore creamed the rusher knocked him right on his a$$ and then stood right over him like I just kicked ur butt boy!! Ray Rice is short and likes to talk crap, did you see him getting mad at Aldon Smith after Aldon took him down.

Good post and I saw many OLmen standing around waiting for Smith to be hit. Just don't understand why this is so difficult. Part of pass defending is moving your head and watching for guys to hit...not just standing in a hole and waiting for Godot! Rachal seemed like he was totally unprepared, which is somewhat understandable given the short week and backup status, but not to the extent he demonstrated.

The worst hit I saw was on a loop by Suggs between Goodwin and Rachal when they had already committed. He came late, 2 seconds, and had a clear path to Smith, who was already hemmed in by other rushers with nowhere to go. Yikes! Glad he wasn't injured! This was a great play by Suggs and could only have been defended by giving Smith space to either side so he could have escaped...but there was no space to either side as the OTs had been pushed back to Smith. Four guys landed on him that play.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 28, 2011 at 6:14 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
OMG, that fist clip of D.Walker WIDE f**king open is the reason I still have no faith in Smith. Sure he can dink and dunk all day, but the ones he misses are the throws a real QB makes. Also, he waited till the very last second to get the ball to VD where all he could do was run out of bounds. Could've hit him earlier and gave him more running room. But man, Walker was GONE!

Smith might have been able to complete that pass but a DB was deep watching Smith and would have been on Walker if Smith had thrown the ball deep. It's easy to armchair, as Roman did, and he might be right, but every QB misses some of those in every game. What were the odds of completing that deep thrown given the drops the 9ers have had on balls like this one in past games. Walker has had at least two drops on these and one non-adjustment. He completed short and then later hit Ginn for a TD that was called back on a ticky tacky decision by the ref. As Harbaugh said, "Chilo had six fingers on the guy..."

Watch the video again and look to see how many defenders were ready to clip VD if he turned the ball upfield. Also watch Smith scramble and consider whether he could have thrown earlier or had to gather himself. Very easy to criticize Smith for this type of play but you could nitpick every QB in the league like this...in every game. Even when QBs complete deep balls another receiver will come back and tell him, "I had a TD man!" Just part of the job.
On that Delanie missed first play, Smith could have put it to Delanie had he not been rolling out. He spotted Delanie down field. By that time the DE was bearing down on him about 3-5 yards away. He still could have stopped reset his feet and delivered the ball for a long throw. But not so sure that it would have been a good throw. That DE can closed quickly once he sees the hint of Smith wanting to throw. Batted ball is what I'm thinking could be more likely. Pretty sure Smith doesn't have the Elway or Favre arm to wing it down field without setting his feet for it.

The reason Delanie was that much open is because the safety bit on the possible Smith and VD short connection. They should go back and practice that one. We should see that one again in the playoff.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 28, 2011 at 7:38 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
On that Delanie missed first play, Smith could have put it to Delanie had he not been rolling out. He spotted Delanie down field. By that time the DE was bearing down on him about 3-5 yards away. He still could have stopped reset his feet and delivered the ball for a long throw. But not so sure that it would have been a good throw. That DE can closed quickly once he sees the hint of Smith wanting to throw. Batted ball is what I'm thinking could be more likely. Pretty sure Smith doesn't have the Elway or Favre arm to wing it down field without setting his feet for it.

The reason Delanie was that much open is because the safety bit on the possible Smith and VD short connection. They should go back and practice that one. We should see that one again in the playoff.
I agree, if you re-watch the play, Walker broke free after the safety bit and came up to zero in on VD, By that time it was too late for Smith. The only way that play would have worked is if Smith had planned to go to D Walker right off the bat on that play.
I wonder why they pretty much only showed John on the "brothers" sound FX clip.
Share 49ersWebzone