There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Thoughts/Feelings about new 49er fans aka bandwagoners

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Bandwagon fans are a joke. Plain and simple if you haven't watched this team for the past 9 years and now are trying to follow this team you're an embarrassment. Like many of us on here I've been waiting way too long for a season like this. When somebody asks me who Dashon Goldson is inside of Candlestick then there is a problem. Same thing happened last year at with the Giants, it's annoying and childish.

In 1979 and 1980, I never met a Niner fan (in fact I honestly thought it was just me and my dad). There were Cowboys and Steeler fans everywhere, then 1981 happened (and it kept going and going until the late nineties). People will latch on to winners so get over it, question to you is if the Niners hit a wall this season, will you call for a change or can you just enjoy this ascension with new fans and see how far we can get. I honestly don't care if fans jump on or off, just seeing my son and the next generation feel the same exhilaration I felt when I was young is all that matters.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
I'm used to it, being a sharks fan I've seen them show up there as well. As long as people don't mistake me for one I'm ok it with because it means higher revenue for the franchise which means it'll be easier for the new stadium to be built and the yorks might be more willing to spend on FA's considering the higher revenue from jerseys and other merchandise as well as fuller stadiums.
[ Edited by mike on Nov 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM ]
I don't mind people who choose 49ers as their team. We need more. I just can't stand people who were supposedly fans in the 80$ and 90$, but decided to root for another team while we sucked for a decade, now all of a sudden are niners fans.
Originally posted by Ancient9r:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Bandwagon fans are a joke. Plain and simple if you haven't watched this team for the past 9 years and now are trying to follow this team you're an embarrassment. Like many of us on here I've been waiting way too long for a season like this. When somebody asks me who Dashon Goldson is inside of Candlestick then there is a problem. Same thing happened last year at with the Giants, it's annoying and childish.

In 1979 and 1980, I never met a Niner fan (in fact I honestly thought it was just me and my dad). There were Cowboys and Steeler fans everywhere, then 1981 happened (and it kept going and going until the late nineties). People will latch on to winners so get over it, question to you is if the Niners hit a wall this season, will you call for a change or can you just enjoy this ascension with new fans and see how far we can get. I honestly don't care if fans jump on or off, just seeing my son and the next generation feel the same exhilaration I felt when I was young is all that matters.

I've been going to Niners games literally since birth and my family has had season tickets my entire life. This year at the age of 20 I've purchased my own season tickets rights. Where were all these fans for the past 9 years? Not here that's for damn sure and it pisses me off to see all these jerseys being bought all of a sudden just because we're the team to root for again. Don't get me wrong I'm loving every minute of this season but it's annoying to see all these bandwagon fans
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,222
Originally posted by QBguru:
I don't mind people who choose 49ers as their team. We need more. I just can't stand people who were supposedly fans in the 80$ and 90$, but decided to root for another team while we sucked for a decade, now all of a sudden are niners fans.

thats why I hate the cryboys, they're the same way
I haven't missed a game in 13 years counting. Only started traveling to other stadiums last year (Qwest, FedEx., Overstock.com Coliseum lol) So to the bandwagon fan (of any sport really)...


after the giants win FB was blowing up with bandwagon cheers it was funny.... where were they during the wenkie era or rattay... hell even picketts days??
oh thats right they were patriot fans
[ Edited by bayniner21 on Nov 19, 2011 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I've been going to Niners games literally since birth and my family has had season tickets my entire life. This year at the age of 20 I've purchased my own season tickets rights. Where were all these fans for the past 9 years? Not here that's for damn sure and it pisses me off to see all these jerseys being bought all of a sudden just because we're the team to root for again. Don't get me wrong I'm loving every minute of this season but it's annoying to see all these bandwagon fans

Enjoy this moment, as a fan we're never guaranteed that this will last forever. Cheer for our team at Candlestick (and hopefully at Santa Clara), maybe our families cross paths at our stadium, but probably not until I finally say goodbye to the military. As for these new found fans, let them join this ride and relish the moment with old and new, but always display your colors wherever corner of the world you may find yourself at.
Originally posted by jaycokes:
Been on the zone for a couple of years. My initial account was deleted for inactivity. I'm more of a ghoster than a poster.

i am the exact same way. i have been here since 07, just never post much.
Hotter chicks are showing up at Niner Island in the sports bar. This is good.
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
i am the exact same way. i have been here since 07, just never post much.


same here lol been here since 08 and not even with an account..... id just creep in different threads for hours at a time reading what the fan base had to say
Why do people care so much? Because you've been around longer? Who gives a f**k.

Let people enjoy the 49ers success the way they want. The more casual fans, the more money coming into the franchise, the more they can improve this team, stadium, fan experience, etc. It's all good.

What kind of hipster elitism is this?
Originally posted by okdkid:
Why do people care so much? Because you've been around longer? Who gives a f**k.

Let people enjoy the 49ers success the way they want. The more casual fans, the more money coming into the franchise, the more they can improve this team, stadium, fan experience, etc. It's all good.

What kind of hipster elitism is this?

Originally posted by okdkid:
Why do people care so much? Because you've been around longer? Who gives a f**k.

Let people enjoy the 49ers success the way they want. The more casual fans, the more money coming into the franchise, the more they can improve this team, stadium, fan experience, etc. It's all good.

What kind of hipster elitism is this?


Amen. Besides that im just looking forward to hearing the next generation of kids talking as fondly of the niners as those whove seen the glory years do. (Im 2002 garcia to owens fan lol) so i can empathize i jumped on the bandwagon 2002. i probably picked a real bad time to choose a team but F it im just happy to share the joy
I've been on this forum since January 05 when Nolan was hired. I used to post fairly often and join the AIM group chats on game days, but then my account fell victim to that ban glitch and I couldn't be bothered to figure out how to fix it.

I remember guys like GoToSalaryCapHell, NolanNonsense and JordanTaber. I wonder what happened to them.