There are 166 users in the forums

Thoughts/Feelings about new 49er fans aka bandwagoners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
^ first
Been a fan for years, since I was born in 79! I think a lot of people jumping on the waggon were fans back in the day and just gave up on them because of the last eight years. I don't agree with it at all... To all of you that left welcome back but know you're NOT THE FAITHFUL!

To the new fans, welcome :) There's something special bout this team...

CLOUD 49...

Let's GOOOOOOOO NINERS!
[ Edited by jp49erfaithful on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM ]
I am a Peninsula guy and have been in since 1980 and the Walsh Era defined my youth as a football fan. I have never, and will never, root for another football team. If they moved the 49ers to LA, and there were whispers of that in these last dark years, I would give up the NFL forever. Better that than be a fan of the Raiders or some monster team in L.A.
everybody has to start somewhere.
bring them all onboard
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
It sucks ticket prices are going up and people at work now are all the 49ers are my team when they cant even name 4 players on our team.
i don't have a problem unless they abandon the 9ers during their next losing season, 20 or 30 years from now..
WHO f**kING CARES.

We need CANDLESTICK LOUD AS f**k, and the MONEY has helped move our new stadium's construction date up an entire year!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
WHO f**kING CARES.

We need CANDLESTICK LOUD AS f**k, and the MONEY has helped move our new stadium's construction date up an entire year!

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
WHO f**kING CARES.

Anybody have a 49er tattoo?
i see noobs
[ Edited by AZ9erfan520 on Nov 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
There are always those groups of casual fans that like whose winning now and will change to a different team once someone else comes up. In attempting the weed out the real faithful from the bang wagon jumpers ill usually strike up a conversation about Adam Walker and the 1995-96 division playoff game against the packers. If they cringe you know they have been around a while. If they look lost they just got here.

Why you gotta bring that shyt up

Strike it up all you want, but try witnessing it !!!!

not walkers fault..he only had one hand !
Not that Walker was a particularly good running back (he wasn't), but didn't he force one of the fumbles in the 94 NFC title game against Dallas
The one that the kicker recovered?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Who cares?

I started as a bandwagon fan in the 80s when the Niners were winning every week. It led to me developing some brand loyalty. And now that I've stuck through a decade's worth of terrible football... I say the more the merrier.
[ Edited by okdkid on Nov 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone