LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Thoughts/Feelings about new 49er fans aka bandwagoners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So I knew this guy from high school in 2000 and he use to like the Buccaneers(when they were very very good) because of "their pirate ship and cool uniforms." Today he was commenting on how many times the raiders were penalized on facebook and i asked him what team he likes. (i wanted to see if he stays true to Tampa since they are no longer great) He said, "I will always be a 49ers fan." The only reason why i remember this because I only knew two Tampa Bay fans at my old school.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
So I knew this guy from high school in 2000 and he use to like the Buccaneers(when they were very very good) because of "their pirate ship and cool uniforms." Today he was commenting on how many times the raiders were penalized on facebook and i asked him what team he likes. (i wanted to see if he stays true to Tampa since they are no longer great) He said, "I will always be a 49ers fan." The only reason why i remember this because I only knew two Tampa Bay fans at my old school.

Classic. At least be honest. Sometimes it is ok to switch teams you like but admit it.
I see a lot coming out of the woodwork. I live out of state (Colorado) and I sport my 49ers laynard (security badge holder) everywhere I go for work. More and more 49er fans give me the thumbs up. I see more and more 49er hats out of state.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I see a lot coming out of the woodwork. I live out of state (Colorado) and I sport my 49ers laynard (security badge holder) everywhere I go for work. More and more 49er fans give me the thumbs up. I see more and more 49er hats out of state.

Nothing in Michigan but I drive around with a 9ers front license plate.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Yea bro me too. I see more and more niner gear everywhere I go. People are coming out the closet finally. When they were awful, I see maybe one niner gear every week, now I see them on the daily. But the main difference is that i live in sacramento.
Being from New Jersey I didn't think there were many Niners fans around, but after the Giants game I swear my FB was jumping with Niner fans. Was upset initially because you know most weren't fans till this season and after the last decade being a fan was tough. Was if the new fans didn't deserve to be fans lol. I got over it though.
Originally posted by Peanut49:
Being from New Jersey I didn't think there were many Niners fans around, but after the Giants game I swear my FB was jumping with Niner fans. Was upset initially because you know most weren't fans till this season and after the last decade being a fan was tough. Was if the new fans didn't deserve to be fans lol. I got over it though.

I know that when you are good, people will bandwagon. It's the nature of the beast; however, like somebody said earlier, at least be honest with it. I admit, I am a bandwagon sacramento kings fan but I do not actively root for them (mostly because i hate the maloofs) and I'm a front running sharks fan. If the sharks were awful, there would be no way in hell I would watch hockey. At least i have the balls to admit that.
  • bors
  • Veteran
the only thing that annoys me when you see these guys and all they know is (Jim harbaugh this) and (alex smith needs to be replaced that).
but whatev..i know i have been here the whole time..and those that i know me in real life know i have always been a fan.

and if things go south i will still be here showing our colors
Originally posted by bors:
the only thing that annoys me when you see these guys and all they know is (Jim harbaugh this) and (alex smith needs to be replaced that).
but whatev..i know i have been here the whole time..and those that i know me in real life know i have always been a fan.

and if things go south i will still be here showing our colors

yea me too. I have not bought one niner piece of niner gear this year. Actually, I bought more when they were bad then when they are good. I guess in a sick and perverse way, I liked them more when they were losing because I was the only one representing. They were a piece of s**t team, but damn it, that's my piece of s**t team!
d
[ Edited by taney71 on Nov 20, 2011 at 12:34 PM ]

Originally posted by HessianDud:
says the new guy.

LMAO!

Says another noob. I'm faithful since 1988 though....
  • bors
  • Veteran
u can tell bye all the 90s style jerseys

welcome back all ye faithfull
beers and women from you new guys and all will be well.
Noticing more dumb, new threads...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by QBguru:
Man when I was 8-9 years old I bought this Jerry rice mini football with his face on it it with a non ink signature on it. It also came with a kicking tee. My dad told me not to play with it cuz it would be worth money one day, but being so young I had to open it up and play football with my cousin. Lol. Anyone else have it? I also had this cool Steve young banner where he was a caricature.

ok,, was this the guy who went crazy in his last post. called luv a whore. stoney a dumb ass.. i think he gave love to sus? something about this name, hmmm
Share 49ersWebzone