LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Mid season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Mid season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Originally posted by Gore_21:
You have to remember Will Tukuafa is on IR. So we have him and Dobbs behind RJF.

I think also that we have alot of YOUNG talent on the D-line. Dobbs will be bigger next year. RJF is a good backup. We have McDonald locked up long term. We should certainly consider upgrading when possible but we seem to have a good plan for depth at the D-line. Case in point. Developed Soap, let Franklin walk and nobody missed him.
I don't see that many weaknesses. I can live with 7 - 1 and one OT loss.
CB then WR
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

lol, cant think of one?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

lol, cant think of one?

The #2 CB could be a little better. We could get Vernon more involved. Alex can hopefully continue to develop. But lets be honest. Alex has FAR exceeded all expectations on the WZ. Even the most blind homers didn't expect him to play this good.
Depth on the DL line and obviously the Niners cant afford for Smith to go down
WR: Persistent injuries to Crabtree and new injuries with Morgan and Edwards have limited the chemistry that this unit could have achieved this season.
CB: Brown is a good corner that appears to struggle against physical receivers that are rarely called for offensive interference.
DT/DE: Outstanding but slowly aging core/starting group and the depth behind them is unproven.
OG: The RG that won the starting position in preseason had to be replaced by a player that was designated a backup when the season began.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
The unit I'm most worried about is the secondary. They've been commendable this season but I'm still not convinced they can keep our offense in a shootout with the league's very best passing attacks.

LOL......in other words you think our offense is the weakness of the team.

I agree with that.
If anyone said coaching they are not capable of rational thought.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
QB

Originally posted by tulliman:
If anyone said coaching they are not capable of rational thought.

1%... guess Jimmy Raye and Singletary figured out how to use the "internets". God danggum Yahoo!!!!
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
The unit I'm most worried about is the secondary. They've been commendable this season but I'm still not convinced they can keep our offense in a shootout with the league's very best passing attacks.

LOL......in other words you think our offense is the weakness of the team.

I agree with that.

You sure you mean the whole offense? If our secondary helps out and can keep the opposing receivers in check for most of the game, our offense has done it's job through all 8 games this year to have the lead in the fourth qtr, ALL OUR F'N GAMES!
Originally posted by laughsatyou:
if we had any QB other than Alex Smith we would be 8-0.

Because A. Smith decided to bite on play-action.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by laughsatyou:
if we had any QB other than Alex Smith we would be 8-0.

Because A. Smith decided to bite on play-action.

He also gave up touchdowns to Miles Austin, when we had the lead.
Gore's bum ankle that gets tweeked the first week of every month.
Share 49ersWebzone