LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Mid season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Mid season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Having a hard time pointing a finger at one guy or one position. Looking at this to translate into draft targets as well. What position or player needs/should be replaced at the end of the year.

PLEASE DO NOT turn this into an Alex bashing thread!!

If you see it being a depth issue please elaborate.
The unit I'm most worried about is the secondary. They've been commendable this season but I'm still not convinced they can keep our offense in a shootout with the league's very best passing attacks.

We'll be finding out sooner rather than later!
That's tough... I would have said secondary but everyone is stepping up. WR as well but having Braylon back helps that as well. OL was the weak spot early on... maybe not any more.

Something like....
WR (just because Morgan is out... need a better 3/4)
CB (need Brock to replace Brown... need Spencer back)....
FS/SS (just in coverage at times),
OL (doing much better, still giving up sacks though)

Really, there is no glaring weak spot like in years past. We need to get better in certain spots but no spot on this team that is bringing us down. Will be fun to upgrade this offseason and can't wait to see who we all re-sign but we are winning with who we have.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 6, 2011 at 2:03 PM ]
Tarrell Brown.
Tarrell Brown Is Our Only Weakness
Originally posted by Gore_21:
That's tough... I would have said secondary but everyone is stepping up. WR as well but having Braylon back helps that as well. OL was the weak spot early on... maybe not any more.

Something like....
WR (just because Morgan is out... need a better 3/4)
CB (need Brock to replace Brown... need Spencer back)....
FS/SS (just in coverage at times),
OL (doing much better, still giving up sacks though)

Really, there is no glaring weak spot like in years past. We need to get better in certain spots but no spot on this team that is bringing us down. Will be fun to upgrade this offseason and can't wait to see who we all re-sign but we are winning with who we have.

tend to agree on all spots
Wide receivers due to injuries. To all of them Edwards, Crabtree, Morgan at one time or another.
Originally posted by angelv05:
Tarrell Brown.

FACT
Catching the ball and 3rd down playcalling.
Originally posted by angelv05:
Tarrell Brown.

Why isn't Spencer out there?

Great thing is... I'm actually sitting here taking a long time deciding. We really don't have any glaring weaknesses showing these days. How awesome is that?

Guess I'd have to say CB2 until Culliver can step it more. (been good for a rookie though)

Expected more from our pass rush today... just sayin'.
Our receivers are In desperate need of a full preseason...Morgans early success was a great indication of this.
i wouldnt say any particular postion, but the passing game overall and the pass D against deep ball
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Expected more from our pass rush today... just sayin'.

I'll put this on McDonald being out, lots of times I saw RJF in position to make a play and totally whiff
Originally posted by jreff22:
tend to agree on all spots

Yeah, and if we did single somebody out it would be Brown. He is playing decent but we have higher expectations than in the past. Also, a #3/4 WR upgrade in the future is a must unless we plan on getting Morgan and Crabtree back. Then Ginn/Williams are 4/5 instead of 3/4.
Share 49ersWebzone