LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 195 users in the forums

Mid season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Mid season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Expected more from our pass rush today... just sayin'.

I'll put this on McDonald being out, lots of times I saw RJF in position to make a play and totally whiff

Yeah, RayMac missing does have its negatives. Overall, I think RJF did... okay.

I expected better from the weak-side, considering that the Skins had a banged up LT and a C shifted over because they lost their LG starter.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by angelv05:
Tarrell Brown.

FACT

^^
if we had any QB other than Alex Smith we would be 8-0.
secondary, specifically CB, specifically Brown. They struggle when there isn't a great passrush, and we don't have a great passrush without Ray Mac.
Originally posted by laughsatyou:

Originally posted by HessianDud:
secondary, specifically CB, specifically Brown. They struggle when there isn't a great passrush, and we don't have a great passrush without Ray Mac.

so is that a depth issue as well?

Actually we might be 6-2 if some other schmoe can't make the 4th down game winner in Detroit or blow up in the 2nd half of the Philly game.
Brown isnt that bad, but an upgrade is needed. However I think that our CB's are playing better than our WR's. They can improve with better chemistry with the QB though. The Corners need an upgrade in the draft/FA.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Why isn't Spencer out there?

I think he is still recovering from his injury. Not sure what he first had but that was all of training camp and into the season. Then he came back and and played well against Cinci. Not sure which game but he got turf toe and that lingers. Could be that or this staff doesn't like him much. He has been great for us at times and bad at others. Was Brock back? Wish he would move to 3 with Rogers and Culliver at 1/2.

Originally posted by Psinex:

Actually we might be 6-2 if some other schmoe can't make the 4th down game winner in Detroit or blow up in the 2nd half of the Philly game.

Or 0-8 if that "Any QB other than Alex Smith" really sucked.
People who wanted Palmer or Kolb have to admit that Alex is playing better than they are.

I didn't realize he was in the secondary when we blew 2 double digit leads against dallas?

who laughs at who?

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

so is that a depth issue as well?

depth on the d-line concerns me, yes. didn't notice Dobbs in there today, would have liked to see him, because RJF can't replicate what either justin or Ray bring--which is understandable, but, still, so much of our defensive success stems from those guys. Big, big drop-off from the DE spot.

Hey bandwagon. Feel free to remove yourself. We're actually only a Tramaine Brock fall down from being 8-0, and I'll take Alex's 10td/2int ratio over any other available QBs "unknown" factor.
Share 49ersWebzone