LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

The future of Anthony Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
if people think joe staley is legit are kidding themselves. yes davis truly has sucked but joe isn't that far behind
He's 21 years old...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by communist:
Rachal is the problem, not Davis. The guy is in his 2nd year, what do u expect?

Second year, with no offseason, learning a new blocking scheme.
I has nothing to do with inexperience, he can't pull up out of a 3 point stance and get his feet set fast enough to deal with NFL level defensive players. This is something that his is missing that cannot be improved by coaching, it is a physical tool he will never have.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Im not sure why were all giving everyone else a chance to be coached up by Harbaugh and dont want to give the same to Davis and Chilo. Davis was the youngest player in the NFL last year and turns out he was playing for the most Unorganized head coach in the league. He is still so young. I realize we all want to win right this instant, but what happened to developing talent. Davis has unnatural talent and ability, just needs some time in a real system, chilo as well. For the first time we are in complicated times, the scheme is real and wont happen over night. Even Staley has had his rough spots, a brand new center as well. Im lookin forward to the future, when we see this line gel as a unit. I really believe they can be dominant. For some reason i just cant give up on Chilo. He has dealt with so much adversity in his life and i still think he can be a real good player.

I can see not giving up on Davis yet, but Chilo? Come on, man. The guy is atrocious. Snyder comes in and does a much better job - under the same horrible coaching of the past. No excuses. He sucks.
This pick makes me want to kick Baalke in the nuts.... I know college isn't the NFL, but how could you be so dominate in college and then just suck balls in the NFL.....
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I would give him 3 years. If he isn't solid or still inconsistent after that, look to move on. He was considered athletic for his size but raw when they drafted him.

I never understood what it means to be an "athletic" OL. Are you supposed run a 4.4? Do you need a 40 inch vertical? I rather have guys like Jeff Saturday than "athletic" lineman like Robert Gallery. I don't want "athletes" on my OL. Smart, tough, physical, mixed with good technique and you will have the perfect lineman.
iv seen a few times on here that A.Davis was a baalke pick but i dont think it was. i remember singletary having dinner and all that good stuff with A.Davis before the draft. i think singletary loved davis and forced baalke to trade up for him lol and if this is not true.. who cares ill still blame him. makes me feel better
JC, you must not have been around. Worst OL ever was kwa-lame. He wins hands down, with his matador block, the spinning "look out " block , the phantom block, the motion penalty prior to matador block (really a crowd pleaser), the no mas block, the "Hey it wasn't me" block.. to name but a few. Give AD one yr with harbaugh, and then decide. We got a number of yrs with the kwa-lame. if you want i can send you 39 tapes of kwame's highlights, on every Mon a.m, Sportscenter, as worst 10 plays of the day.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I would give him more time, but it is definitely disappointing that we spent a first pick on someone who hasn't produced.
Originally posted by communist:
Rachal is the problem, not Davis. The guy is in his 2nd year, what do u expect?

I expect him to know the snap count.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This pick makes me want to kick Baalke in the nuts.... I know college isn't the NFL, but how could you be so dominate in college and then just suck balls in the NFL.....

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
if people think joe staley is legit are kidding themselves. yes davis truly has sucked but joe isn't that far behind

this! AD is only 21 so he's still a kid...give him until he's 24, then judge him! Staley on the other hand SUCKS! He's suppose to be our rock, our most important position on the line, the blind side, and yet, he is the one that gets called for holding, false starts, etc!
Boone......Boone......Boone
what about switching Staley to his original RT spot and Davis to LT, which is where he primarily played in college?
Originally posted by Janitor:
I would give him more time, but it is definitely disappointing that we spent a first pick on someone who hasn't produced.

especially when earl thomas was still on the board, among a few others.
Share 49ersWebzone