There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

harbaugh vs raye

Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
and whats your point? this thread is about the offense...

but thanks for sharing...

The point is, with time we will improve on offense.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by swag141:
All the people going on about the lack of Jim Harbaughs influence on the offense are way off base. I think grading this teams improvement should be done on a quarterly basis. I don't see us going backward in any facet of the game. Even though it the easiest element to fix quickly, nobody gives any credit to JH for the special teams improvement. I believe given time, the offense and defense will improve. I would be willing to wager by the time the first half of the season is over, we wont be having this discussion anymore. If you can't see an improvement in this team from last year, your not paying attention.

We lost a game we should have won. DAL already came back from a 2 score deficit and we didn't think they could do it again? They did it again. We gave up two 2 score leads this game.

TERRIBLE Coaching.

After watching Kitna in the 3rd quarter and Romo's first drive after returning I didn't believe they had a legit shot to come back. Before Romo went off Dallas' only score since the fluky play at the end of the first half came when we set them up at our 18 with Smith's INT. They weren't doing jack s**t in the 3rd quarter.
Originally posted by English:
No. Impact of lockout on Harbaugh and the team. Discuss.

Anyway you arent comparing like with like. HC compared with OC.

impact of lockout is just an excuse. i dont see other teams crying this crap. you play with the cards you or dealt and thats it. only passing the ball 22 times a game and ranking 31st in pass attempts is a joke. we arent even trying to move the ball. now i could understand being 31st in pass attempts if we could run the ball like minn(172.5 yds/g) and jax(137.5 yds/g) who are ranked 32nd and 30th in pass attempts right with us. but we are ranked 25th in rushing and avg less then 80 yds a game(79.5) with a 2.8 yd avg. all this while being ranked in the top 10 in att/g.

looking rusty, throwing ints, missing blocks, etc is the result of the lockout. lack of calling creative, aggressive plays is the result of harbaugh.

btw, sing didnt call plays, harbaugh does, and he approves every call before he relays it directly to alex. thats why "raye vs jh".

thats because other teams fans are more logical than ours. crying after a 1-1 start is f**kin ridiculous. we barely lost to a team that most people on here picked us to lose anyway. its only been two games!!! we gave nolan and singletary 5 years of b******t, i think harbaugh deserves atleast a season til we can see what hes got.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Statistics and more damned lies, these numbers don't mean anything, nothing zip zero nada! How many personnel packages have we seen? How many pre-snap shifts? How Many formations? The numbers my be bleak, but this is a totally different offense, and we will see it grow over the course of the season, we will see it expand and change, we never saw any of this last year, really this thread and NT kills me some time!

really?

so if we finish the year with the 25th rush(79.5 yds a game) offense while being ranked top 10 in att that will make for a winning season?

or if alex finishes the year ranked 31st in pass attempts will that make for a winning record?

the stats tell the ugly truth, and you cant handle the truth

Apparently you cant handle the truth...

Heres the truth, the Niners have not trailed in a game yet. When a team has a two score lead along with a new offense, average QB, aging RB, and a shaky line being conservative is the safest play. Up until the 4th quarter of both games our defense was almost lights out but fell apart within the last 5 minutes due to individuals not making plays... not coaching, not scheme, but individual mistakes.

The truth is that when the team is up by either 16 or 10 due to a dominating defense...and with a new offense and a QB who is one bad pick away from hearing "We want tolzien" chants, EVERY coach in the league will look more conservative than Michelle Bachmann with their playcalling. This team has played well, its been coached well given the circumstances, and if it werent for a secondary relying on back ups as starters, this team would be a very convincing 2-0.

you cant handle the truth. the truth is we only played 2 games and we lost one of them to a pretty avg dallas team. the other one we sqweeked out against sea because of an individual effort from ginn(not coaching) in the 4th qrt who saved the team and coaches. we could have easily lost that game and then id bet youd be singing a different tune sitting at 0-2.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 21, 2011 at 1:08 PM ]
you cant handle the truth. the truth is we only played 2 games and we lost one of them to a pretty avg dallas team. the other one we sqweeked out against sea because of an individual effort from ginn in the 4th qrt who saved the team and coaches. we could have easily lost that game and then id bet youd be singing a different tune sitting at 0-2.

Lol a game we would of lost to seattle, yet were never trailing and had just come off a great drive that led to a score. So you wanna assume that Seattle wins on a "hypothetical" touchdown they "might" have scored had they ever even gotten the ball back after a fictitious "3 & out" from the niners when the drive before by our offense was 15 plays, for 72 yards and took 9 minutes off the clock? Then write the game off as a loss without Ginns effort which last time I checked special teams counts as part of the team effort.

To many posters here have the emotional fortitude of 13 yr old girl, take your emotional baggage out of the equation... pretend its a different team than the niners and re-evaluate, ya might realize things are going better than expected this season. Unless you realistically thought this team was one head coaching peice away from a 16-0 season, setting the NFL points records along with a top 3 defense in Harbs & Co's first year which is sounding more and more like you did.
I think it is obvious now when we do an exotic shift, it's a run play.

Like the pass to walker, the three TE set, Walker at the wing?
you cant handle the truth. the truth is we only played 2 games and we lost one of them to a pretty avg dallas team. the other one we sqweeked out against sea because of an individual effort from ginn in the 4th qrt who saved the team and coaches. we could have easily lost that game and then id bet youd be singing a different tune sitting at 0-2.

Lol a game we would of lost to seattle, yet were never trailing and had just come off a great drive that led to a score. So you wanna assume that Seattle wins on a "hypothetical" touchdown they "might" have scored had they ever even gotten the ball back after a fictitious "3 & out" from the niners when the drive before by our offense was 15 plays, for 72 yards and took 9 minutes off the clock? Then write the game off as a loss without Ginns effort which last time I checked special teams counts as part of the team effort.

To many posters here have the emotional fortitude of 13 yr old girl, take your emotional baggage out of the equation... pretend its a different team than the niners and re-evaluate, ya might realize things are going better than expected this season. Unless you realistically thought this team was one head coaching peice away from a 16-0 season, setting the NFL points records along with a top 3 defense in Harbs & Co's first year which is sounding more and more like you did.

That's why SEA fans felt they would have had the game if it weren't for the Ginn TD return. If we were in the position SEA was and we lost a game like that, you would be saying we could have won it but ST effed us up.

Stop thinking we couldn't have lost that game. We could have lost that game and SEA almost won it. Key word, almost.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I think it is obvious now when we do an exotic shift, it's a run play.

Like the pass to walker, the three TE set, Walker at the wing?

That's not an exotic shift. Now having an OT at the slot and shifting him around is an exotic shift. We run out of those, almost always. We aren't fooling anyone. Even in college, when Stanford did an exotic shift, they ran.
You're right dude. How dare Harbaugh not coach Smith up to over 1,000 yards passing, 11 TD's and no interceptions despite the minimal time afforded to install his offense, fully evaluate the players that will run said offense, and not to mention it only being week two of the regular season.

Harbaugh has to go.
Originally posted by baltien:
You're right dude. How dare Harbaugh not coach Smith up to over 1,000 yards passing, 11 TD's and no interceptions despite the minimal time afforded to install his offense, fully evaluate the players that will run said offense, and not to mention it only being week two of the regular season.

Harbaugh has to go.

clearly

Well said !!!!

they didnt need a td, they needed a fg to win. the score was 19-17 and we were on the verge of a collapse. im assuming if we got the football and ginn doesnt take it back for a td then we dont score and we end up punting the ball to sea. alex at that point had like 135 yds with no tds and gore had like 50 yds? im just being honest, we werent doing anything on offense and we were like 1 for 13 on third downs. i think its safe to say we would have punted the ball to sea and set them up for the win. would they have won it? i dont know..... but without ginns valiant efforts it was our game to lose. and the way carrol hates jh he would have pulled out all the stops.

im just analyzing the facts here, and the fact is we are still nowhere near being able to close out games and become a winning team.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM ]
That's not an exotic shift. Now having an OT at the slot and shifting him around is an exotic shift. We run out of those, almost always. We aren't fooling anyone. Even in college, when Stanford did an exotic shift, they ran.

And how did Stanford finish last season?
Originally posted by swag141:

And how did Stanford finish last season?

What's your point? We are 1-1 and our running game sucks and passing game is near bottom in the league.
  • ttown
  • Veteran
I only care that I see the team competing through the 1st half of the season and that they really start taking steps in the 2nd half... With a new coach, new offense, new defense, etc etc etc...

I want to see them do better... but I just kept my expectations down. I would feel differently without the lockout where Coach Harby had some time to implement his system....

The only other thing... they say it takes 3 years in the West Coast offense for a QB to truly find his groove.... yikes!

Alex -- u ain't goin' to no pro bowls... just take us to the division crown.... :)