LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

harbaugh vs raye

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
those are two of the most insightful post i have ever had the pleasure of reading. thank you for your extremely valuable input, you are a great contributor to this community.

really, thanks again.

It's not to hard to tell that some, or many, of the posters here are under 40 yrs. old. You guys grew up with micro-wave dinners, remote controls, texting, instant this and that. You expect things to change quickly because you live in a quick world. Football is old and it takes TIME to create lasting change. Looking back on the past 8 yrs. or so, the new coaching staff has much to revamp, the players have much t intergrate into their game. It takes TIME!

You forgot about Free Agency.
If Walsh had Free Agency, he would have one in 2 years.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I didn't see anything new from week 1 to week 2. I don't think we will see anything new for week 3. If we have a strong full game, it will be because the OL breaks it lose for Gore.

The playcalling was pretty different. I didn't see 6 straight run attempts in the endzone for one thing. Also, I don't remember seeing the play where Walker scored the TD during the Seattle game. I also don't remember a play in the Seattle game where Gore and Delanie ended up 50 yards down the field and in the endzone, but hey what do I know. I don't know all of the plays by name.
We could easily be 2-0 and I bet you this thread would have never have been created if so.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
We could easily be 2-0 and I bet you this thread would have never have been created if so.

No, it really really would have been. There were a bunch of threads talking crap about Smith when he ad a 90 something QB rating and we won the game.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
I didn't see anything new from week 1 to week 2. I don't think we will see anything new for week 3. If we have a strong full game, it will be because the OL breaks it lose for Gore.

The playcalling was pretty different. I didn't see 6 straight run attempts in the endzone for one thing. Also, I don't remember seeing the play where Walker scored the TD during the Seattle game. I also don't remember a play in the Seattle game where Gore and Delanie ended up 50 yards down the field and in the endzone, but hey what do I know. I don't know all of the plays by name.

I mean in terms of building on those. We shut it down just like last year.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by English:
No. Impact of lockout on Harbaugh and the team. Discuss.

Anyway you arent comparing like with like. HC compared with OC.

impact of lockout is just an excuse. i dont see other teams crying this crap. you play with the cards you or dealt and thats it. only passing the ball 22 times a game and ranking 31st in pass attempts is a joke. we arent even trying to move the ball. now i could understand being 31st in pass attempts if we could run the ball like minn(172.5 yds/g) and jax(137.5 yds/g) who are ranked 32nd and 30th in pass attempts right with us. but we are ranked 25th in rushing and avg less then 80 yds a game(79.5) with a 2.8 yd avg. all this while being ranked in the top 10 in att/g.

looking rusty, throwing ints, missing blocks, etc is the result of the lockout. lack of calling creative, aggressive plays is the result of harbaugh.

btw, sing didnt call plays, harbaugh does, and he approves every call before he relays it directly to alex. thats why "raye vs jh".

In your world, what colour is the sky? Of course Harbaugh needed time to take a rudderless team which had not known decent coaching for nearly a decade (aside from briefly under Norv) and start to develop players and build a team. This is not done overnight.

I am seriously starting to wonder about Niner Talk. What are you people on? What did you expect, a magic wand and every game will be won? Aggressive offense (and D) is built on training and preparation. Which takes time.

How many other teams are having this much difficulty passing the ball? Having a rookie QB in a lockout is much worse than having a 7-year veteran in a lockout year.

obviously this cat doesnt watch the nfl as a whole. sam bradford in our own div didnt even get a playbook till after the lockout i believe(something happened here, i cant remember for sure) and josh mcdaniels is having bradford throw the ball all over the field with no talent at wr with a rookie te.

get used to it folks, this is your new 49er offense.
Okay, trolling confirmed. No longer feel the need to argue this with you anymore.

keep your blinders on, thats fine. but if you think one sunday morning we are just going to all of a sudden be this different offense then you are kidding yourself. what you see is what you get.

maybe i am being to critical here. after all we havent had edwards or crabs together on the field. but when they were on the field, i didnt see any signs of them being a huge factor in this offense.

if we finish the year ranked higher then 20th in pass attempts per game we will not win many games imho.

So you think that the offense that we see during the second week of the season after only a handful of practices in the offseason is the offense we'll have for all of the Jim Harbaugh reign? Yeah, IM the one with the blinders on.

Do I think one Sunday we'll just be completely different? No. But do I think we'll keep implementing different things each week until we finally start using the full playbook? Yes. That's kinda proven by Snyder saying we only used 5% of the playbook in the Seahawk game.

the offense i have been watching looks a lot like stanfords offense last year. only problem is it isnt working in the nfl so far. im not sure how long you guys think it takes to be able to run a playbook but it doesnt take that long. college kids pick up complicated spread offenses while only being able to practice 20 hrs a week for 2 months. its week 3 of the nfl season and everyone has said by week 8 the offense would be in place. well thats rapidly approaching and i still havent seen anyhting to get excited about. i can only judge what i see, i wont just blindly back some illusion that doesnt exisist.
Have you seen the size of the playbook? There's no way this team could correctly learn and implement all of those plays in one months time. Come on now.
the offense i have been watching looks a lot like stanfords offense last year. only problem is it isnt working in the nfl so far. im not sure how long you guys think it takes to be able to run a playbook but it doesnt take that long. college kids pick up complicated spread offenses while only being able to practice 20 hrs a week for 2 months. its week 3 of the nfl season and everyone has said by week 8 the offense would be in place. well thats rapidly approaching and i still havent seen anyhting to get excited about. i can only judge what i see, i wont just blindly back some illusion that doesnt exisist.

Ya know, the more I think about it, your right. This is a total fail. So what do you suggest, more passing downfield? rack up passing yards, ala Cam Newton? Of course they haven't won a game, but that seems to be secondary to the REAL problem here. This offense isn't dynamic enough. It should be very creative by now. What's the problem? Stupid players? Chickens**t coaching? It's all on the QB? You tell me.
Have you seen the size of the playbook? There's no way this team could correctly learn and implement all of those plays in one months time. Come on now.

Rarely does any team learn the entire playbook, especially with Free Agency. There's a thing called game plans and installs. Every player on any team can learn an install, which consists of quite a number of plays. What they really can't do is call plays from the playbook that are not in the install DURING the game if they see something that would work.

TC + Preseason was 6 weeks? How many weeks are they normally allowed during the offseason to meet? Like 3 extra weeks. Well, it's week 3 of regular season so they have had plenty of time to learn plenty of plays.

Steve Young's theory is that it takes 10,000 snaps for an offense to really know the system and each other. I don't know how many weeks that equates to, but I'm expecting tangible progress by the bye week.

Ya know, the more I think about it, your right. This is a total fail. So what do you suggest, more passing downfield? rack up passing yards, ala Cam Newton? Of course they haven't won a game, but that seems to be secondary to the REAL problem here. This offense isn't dynamic enough. It should be very creative by now. What's the problem? Stupid players? Chickens**t coaching? It's all on the QB? You tell me.

How about a quick slant vs a run-blitzing defense?

How about a quick slant vs a run-blitzing defense?

or how about some fing balance?

ranked 10th in rush att per game.
ranked 31st in pass att per game.
or how about some fing balance?

ranked 10th in rush att per game.
ranked 31st in pass att per game.

Don't you need some pass protection to throw the ball? If the OL can't pas block we can only run. If they can't run block, we're hosed.
Having patience when it comes to the 49ers sucks balls given that the best of us are still used to being champions. Especially when you realize towards the end of the year that nothing has actually changed, no one has learned everything, and it's just been anothoer big waste of time.
The league has done everything it can to help out the passing game and make it tougher for a defense. We are not taking advantage of this and actually helping the defense by running the ball more.
Share 49ersWebzone