LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

harbaugh vs raye

Shop Find 49ers gear online
week 1 2010 ( under raye).......................week two 2010...............................week one under JH..........................week two JH...................

alex smith
26/45 for 225yds 0tds 2ints....................23/32 for 275yds 1td 2ints..............15/20 for 124yds 0td 0ints...........16/24 for 179yds 2tds 1int......
frank gore
17att for 38 yds 0tds...................................20 att for 112yds 1td..................22 att for 59yds 0tds.............................20 att 47yds 1td.......
6 rec 45yds 0tds...........................................7 rec 56yds 1td.......................3 rec 19yds 0tds..................................3 rec 17yds 0tds.......
vernon davis
8 rec 73 yds.....................................................4 rec 78yds...........................5 rec 47yds............................................2 rec 18yds........

doesnt look any better to me. not to mention last years first 2 games were both against playoff teams. im betting sea nor dallas make the playoffs this year. the only real difference i see is the ints by alex. but if memory serves me correctly i think only one of those ints was actually his fault last year. the others were tipped balls. so looking at the numbers rayes offense actually produced more yards against better teams....

Discuss........
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 21, 2011 at 10:16 AM ]
I will come back to this thread, once the season is over.
No. Impact of lockout on Harbaugh and the team. Discuss.

Anyway you arent comparing like with like. HC compared with OC.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I will come back to this thread, once the season is over.

i will update it weekly just to track the numbers. i know raye got the boot early last year but they were still working out of his playbook.
who the hell cares about yards look at the points scored
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
week 1 2010 ( under raye).......................week two 2010...............................week one under JH..........................week two JH...................

alex smith
26/45 for 225yds 0tds 2ints....................23/32 for 275yds 1td 2ints..............15/20 for 124yds 0td 0ints...........16/24 for 179yds 2tds 1int......
frank gore
17att for 38 yds 0tds...................................20 att for 112yds 1td..................22 att for 59yds 0tds.............................20 att 47yds 1td.......
6 rec 45yds 0tds...........................................7 rec 56yds 1td.......................3 rec 19yds 0tds..................................3 rec 17yds 0tds.......
vernon davis
8 rec 73 yds.....................................................4 rec 78yds...........................5 rec 47yds............................................2 rec 18yds........

doesnt look any better to me. not to mention last years first 2 games were both against playoff teams. im betting sea nor dallas make the playoffs this year. the only real difference i see is the ints by alex. but if memory serves me correctly i think only one of those ints was actually his fault last year. the others were tipped balls. so looking at the numbers rayes offense actually produced more yards against better teams....

Discuss........

Not even comparable.. you forgot to include the negative yardage from Raye falling asleep before letting Alex know which play he is supposed to call.

You are also comparing an OC who had 2 years with the offense to a HC/OC that had 30 days... not to mention Raye would of never of though to have a lineman report eligible as a TE and purposely shift him to draw a penalty... or emphasis on back shoulder throws... or audibles... or players knowing plays... etc.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think we all agree that the offense needs to open up. But they didn't upgrade the roster. A bunch of average signings to a roster of average players gets you the exact same results. The rookies we added don't even touch the field. So it's really the same team from last year. We all assumed that coaching would make bad and mediocre players, but it hasn't so far. And time will tell its' only been 2 games. They need better players across the board on offense. We only have 1 play maker on offense and he's kept in to block. Gore always a great back but never really a huge play guy unless it's the Seahawks.
I would rather want to see this comparison of Mike Johson vs Harbaugh.

Smith had nice stats under Johnson.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

that fkn literally made me LOL
2010- 0-2
2011- 1-1

CHAMPIONSHIP
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:

alex smith
frank gore
vernon davis

Discuss........

don't want to
Here's your difference:

Raye: 0-2
Harbaugh: 1-1

Nothing else matters.

Originally posted by English:
No. Impact of lockout on Harbaugh and the team. Discuss.

Anyway you arent comparing like with like. HC compared with OC.

impact of lockout is just an excuse. i dont see other teams crying this crap. you play with the cards you or dealt and thats it. only passing the ball 22 times a game and ranking 31st in pass attempts is a joke. we arent even trying to move the ball. now i could understand being 31st in pass attempts if we could run the ball like minn(172.5 yds/g) and jax(137.5 yds/g) who are ranked 32nd and 30th in pass attempts right with us. but we are ranked 25th in rushing and avg less then 80 yds a game(79.5) with a 2.8 yd avg. all this while being ranked in the top 10 in att/g.

looking rusty, throwing ints, missing blocks, etc is the result of the lockout. lack of calling creative, aggressive plays is the result of harbaugh.

btw, sing didnt call plays, harbaugh does, and he approves every call before he relays it directly to alex. thats why "raye vs jh".
Share 49ersWebzone