LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

harbaugh vs raye

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
the offense i have been watching looks a lot like stanfords offense last year. only problem is it isnt working in the nfl so far. im not sure how long you guys think it takes to be able to run a playbook but it doesnt take that long. college kids pick up complicated spread offenses while only being able to practice 20 hrs a week for 2 months. its week 3 of the nfl season and everyone has said by week 8 the offense would be in place. well thats rapidly approaching and i still havent seen anyhting to get excited about. i can only judge what i see, i wont just blindly back some illusion that doesnt exisist.

Steve Young's theory is that it takes 10,000 snaps for an offense to really know the system and each other. I don't know how many weeks that equates to, but I'm expecting tangible progress by the bye week.

thats to perfect a system which is about 3 years. hey i know this.... but what im upset about is the plays that are being called. these plays are what our offense is and i havent seen any screens, slants, go routes, check downs to the rb or anything that remotely resembles the wco. where is the attacking nature of the wco where they just dink and dunk you to death all the way down the field with quickly timed routes and throws? if we were implenting this stuff dont you think we would see it?

wco my ass!!!
Originally posted by cortana49:
Here's your difference:

Raye: 0-2
Harbaugh: 1-1

Nothing else matters.

Originally posted by eastie:
or how about some fing balance?

ranked 10th in rush att per game.
ranked 31st in pass att per game.

Don't you need some pass protection to throw the ball? If the OL can't pas block we can only run. If they can't run block, we're hosed.

we dont do our oline any favors. on 3 step drops alex seems to have enough time to get the ball out. but its the 5 and 7 step drops where we get in to trouble. well logically this tells me more 3 step drops. start picking the defense apart with quickly timed dinks and dunks and get them to back off of their rush. once they do then you take your shots down the field with the 5 and 7 step drops. i really cant believe our coaches dont know this, and it sad because its basically just common sense.

i think jh might still be missing some of those old bill walsh tapes.
All the people going on about the lack of Jim Harbaughs influence on the offense are way off base. I think grading this teams improvement should be done on a quarterly basis. I don't see us going backward in any facet of the game. Even though it the easiest element to fix quickly, nobody gives any credit to JH for the special teams improvement. I believe given time, the offense and defense will improve. I would be willing to wager by the time the first half of the season is over, we wont be having this discussion anymore. If you can't see an improvement in this team from last year, your not paying attention.
Statistics and more damned lies, these numbers don't mean anything, nothing zip zero nada! How many personnel packages have we seen? How many pre-snap shifts? How Many formations? The numbers my be bleak, but this is a totally different offense, and we will see it grow over the course of the season, we will see it expand and change, we never saw any of this last year, really this thread and NT kills me some time!
Originally posted by swag141:
All the people going on about the lack of Jim Harbaughs influence on the offense are way off base. I think grading this teams improvement should be done on a quarterly basis. I don't see us going backward in any facet of the game. Even though it the easiest element to fix quickly, nobody gives any credit to JH for the special teams improvement. I believe given time, the offense and defense will improve. I would be willing to wager by the time the first half of the season is over, we wont be having this discussion anymore. If you can't see an improvement in this team from last year, your not paying attention.

We lost a game we should have won. DAL already came back from a 2 score deficit and we didn't think they could do it again? They did it again. We gave up two 2 score leads this game.

TERRIBLE Coaching.

and whats your point? this thread is about the offense...

but thanks for sharing...
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Yeah, no other team is using the lockout as a reason for what's going on with their team, but do other teams have a 1st year HC making his transition from college to the big leagues? Because unless they do, it's not comparable.

Harbexcuses
we dont do our oline any favors. on 3 step drops alex seems to have enough time to get the ball out. but its the 5 and 7 step drops where we get in to trouble. well logically this tells me more 3 step drops. start picking the defense apart with quickly timed dinks and dunks and get them to back off of their rush. once they do then you take your shots down the field with the 5 and 7 step drops. i really cant believe our coaches dont know this, and it sad because its basically just common sense.

Really? You think "they don't know this"????? That's just plain idiotic. For all the money and years that is invested in these people, and you think, they just don't know this? Incredible! That's the problem then 'lack of common sense.' Sheer genius. Perhaps you should contact the 9er organization and let then know of your eureka moment, why it will save the franchise, and lead us to a CHAMPIONSHIP, no doubt!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Statistics and more damned lies, these numbers don't mean anything, nothing zip zero nada! How many personnel packages have we seen? How many pre-snap shifts? How Many formations? The numbers my be bleak, but this is a totally different offense, and we will see it grow over the course of the season, we will see it expand and change, we never saw any of this last year, really this thread and NT kills me some time!

really?

so if we finish the year with the 25th rush(79.5 yds a game) offense while being ranked top 10 in att that will make for a winning season?

or if alex finishes the year ranked 31st in pass attempts will that make for a winning record?

the stats tell the ugly truth, and you cant handle the truth

I think it is obvious now when we do an exotic shift, it's a run play.
Originally posted by eastie:

Really? You think "they don't know this"????? That's just plain idiotic. For all the money and years that is invested in these people, and you think, they just don't know this? Incredible! That's the problem then 'lack of common sense.' Sheer genius. Perhaps you should contact the 9er organization and let then know of your eureka moment, why it will save the franchise, and lead us to a CHAMPIONSHIP, no doubt!

so then why did they call for a 5 step drop in ot when we couldnt afford to take a sack. just dumb, imo. and if you look back at the film, out of the 6 sacks dallas had, how many came on 3 step drops? riddle me this!
Originally posted by Joecool:
and a month from now it will be a play action pass!

really?

so if we finish the year with the 25th rush(79.5 yds a game) offense while being ranked top 10 in att that will make for a winning season?

or if alex finishes the year ranked 31st in pass attempts will that make for a winning record?

the stats tell the ugly truth, and you cant handle the truth

Apparently you cant handle the truth...

Heres the truth, the Niners have not trailed in a game yet. When a team has a two score lead along with a new offense, average QB, aging RB, and a shaky line being conservative is the safest play. Up until the 4th quarter of both games our defense was almost lights out but fell apart within the last 5 minutes due to individuals not making plays... not coaching, not scheme, but individual mistakes.

The truth is that when the team is up by either 16 or 10 due to a dominating defense...and with a new offense and a QB who is one bad pick away from hearing "We want tolzien" chants, EVERY coach in the league will look more conservative than Michelle Bachmann with their playcalling. This team has played well, its been coached well given the circumstances, and if it werent for a secondary relying on back ups as starters, this team would be a very convincing 2-0.
Originally posted by Joecool:
and a month from now it will be a play action pass!

very true, but will it work?
Share 49ersWebzone