There are 223 users in the forums

"Developing the offense" my a$$

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
You can also use it to spell dumba$$ and dumb$hit.

and BU$T
Originally posted by verb1der:
Alex Smith and the offensive line will struggle if Harbaugh opened up this offense, and that would lead to the home crowd booing Smith. Why would you want that?

well... at least the stadium gets louder
[ Edited by gold49digger on Sep 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM ]

If Alex starts lighting up, everyone has to start using the dollar sign for his last name.

Alex $mith!
Originally posted by susweel:
I like how you used the $$ to spell ass.
That's so extreme . . .

http://youtu.be/eGS1-2T-wUU
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Sep 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM ]
I escaped the official 49er boards and jumped right into it's twin sisters bed. Oh lawd.
I think Smith's confidence has been shattered the past 6 years. And because of that, I don't think he has the SPINE to throw the ball downfield.

Think about it. On any pass pattern, someone is (more than likely) running and intermediate to deep route. But where does Smith ALWAYS go with the ball? 6 to 10 yards downfield or a check down/swing pass to Gore.

The only thing more certain is that the sun will rise tomorrow. Unless, of course, the Death Star appears in our evening sky!

He's Trent Dilfer part 2. Which is probably why Dilfer is all over Smith's "roll right and throw out of bounds, checkdown, crucial sack, soul crushing INT" nuts.

Slobber well, Dilfer. Slobber well.

Blake_Fever
$he $ells $ea$hell$ by the $ea$hore
Regret reading, lol
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Since everyone seems to be complaining about offense, why not pile on some more?

This is more than just a conservative offense, it's downright Harbaugh-ring!

But for everyone who states, "Give it time", "Offense needs to develop", "Jim's WCO needs a few YEARS to get going", I call bull$h!t.

Why?

Every team had the same abbreviated offseason and crunch to learn the system, players, and playbook. And the vast majority of teams that are in the same situation as the Niners (new QB and/or offense) are performing a helluva lot better offensively:

Carolina (Cam Newton)
Cincinnati (Andy Dalton)
Cleveland (Colt McCoy)
Jacksonville (Luke McCown)
Tennessee (Matt Hasselbeck)
Arizona (Kevin Kolb)

It's amazing how the top 2 teams listed are lead by ROOKIE QBs who, in 2 games, look more comfortable than Alex Smith EVER HAS.

Great, Smith's completion % is 70%! Great, he's avoided multiple turnovers per game! He's a freakin' game manager...great!

Spread teams out to take advantage of your above average WRs and all-world TE? Not to mention, putting your QB (aka THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD) in a situation where he's most comfortable throwing?

Nah.

Just dig deeper into Jim Raye-baugh's playbook for a litany of short passes and ineffective runs!

Honestly, I dont care who Harbaugh "doesn't trust" (if that's actually what it is), grow a set, become more dynamic, and take some chances downfield. If the crappy teams I listed above are doing it (and pretty darn effectively), there is ZERO EXCUSE why the Niners (with arguable more talent than all of them) are mired in suckage.

Blake_Fever

I said the same thing about the teams with rookies also with my co-worker. Drop some bombs....
'Expectation Management 101'

49er fans are a Fail

Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Since everyone seems to be complaining about offense, why not pile on some more?

This is more than just a conservative offense, it's downright Harbaugh-ring!

But for everyone who states, "Give it time", "Offense needs to develop", "Jim's WCO needs a few YEARS to get going", I call bull$h!t.

Why?

Every team had the same abbreviated offseason and crunch to learn the system, players, and playbook. And the vast majority of teams that are in the same situation as the Niners (new QB and/or offense) are performing a helluva lot better offensively:

Carolina (Cam Newton)
Cincinnati (Andy Dalton)
Cleveland (Colt McCoy)
Arizona (Kevin Kolb)

It's amazing how the top 2 teams listed are lead by ROOKIE QBs who, in 2 games, look more comfortable than Alex Smith EVER HAS.

Great, Smith's completion % is 70%! Great, he's avoided multiple turnovers per game! He's a freakin' game manager...great!

Spread teams out to take advantage of your above average WRs and all-world TE? Not to mention, putting your QB (aka THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD) in a situation where he's most comfortable throwing?

Nah.

Just dig deeper into Jim Raye-baugh's playbook for a litany of short passes and ineffective runs!

Honestly, I dont care who Harbaugh "doesn't trust" (if that's actually what it is), grow a set, become more dynamic, and take some chances downfield. If the crappy teams I listed above are doing it (and pretty darn effectively), there is ZERO EXCUSE why the Niners (with arguable more talent than all of them) are mired in suckage.

Blake_Fever

I was going to blast you because of the title of this thread then I read it.
And the point that make the most sense is this one.
"Every team had the same abbreviated offseason and crunch to learn the system, players, and playbook. And the vast majority of teams that are in the same situation as the Niners (new QB and/or offense) are performing a helluva lot better offensively "
Carolina (Cam Newton)
Cincinnati (Andy Dalton)
Cleveland (Colt McCoy)
Arizona (Kevin Kolb)

Good post IMO!
Damn, I regret not making a cooler sounding name on here so I can end my posts like this guy.

Xx_DiEyOuNgLiVeHaRd_xX
Originally posted by fly15:

and BU$T

and "troll everyone openly wants to $ee banned"
lol i love it when people post and rant about something that they have no idea what there saying.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Alex Smith and the offensive line will struggle if Harbaugh opened up this offense, and that would lead to the home crowd booing Smith. Why would you want that?

well... at least the stadium gets louder

hahahaa, damn this cold blooded fanbase.
Share 49ersWebzone