LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

"Developing the offense" my a$$

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
All these posters having brain aneurysms after a close loss to a more talented team make me facepalm.

Stop associating Harbaugh with past mediocrity. He had nothing to do with it.

We still have Smith and I have seen the "Calm down it's early" know it all facepalm talk for the past 9 years. Don't you think people have a right to be pessimistic when you have a horrible track record for almost a decade? We bring back the same QB who has shown NOTHING the previous 6 seasons and you want people to be patient again? We don't have to be, especially if we are dropping thousands on tickets.

Nobody made you drop g's on tickets, the team is 1-1 and should be 2-0 against a very talented team. Let them try to do their god damned job, as if b***hing about it on an internet forum to a bunch of people who dont care is going to chance anything anyway.
Smash mouth football, hitting you in the mouth with the run game is making a crazy
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by moe8092:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
good thread...hope they don't lock it on yo a$$.

I'm tired of mediocrity....as well as fellow fans who accept mediocrity.

Im not surprised by it, considering that it felt like the game was being played in Dallas this past weekend. Even more shocking is that Ninerland is laden with fans accepting the defeat, posting the likes of "why is everyone so mad we lost to Dallas" and "oh well, they're a better team than us anyways" etc.

I think a lot of 49er supporters became fans after the Young era. They saw a glimpse of what once was with the likes of TO and Garcia, and then they became accustomed to watching a losing franchise. The old school fans just sit at home and reminisce about the glory days.

There was a time when fans booed Steve Young (who never won less than 10 games a season for us) for not playing to par with Joe Montana. Now we cheer Alex for putting up a good effort.

like booing Steve Young is something to be proud of? It just makes the people who did it look f**king stupid because they booed a hall of famer for not playing as good as maybe the best QB ever.

Yeah, but Young proved the masses wrong by posting multiple MVPs and the highest QB ratings in the league in the years right after he took over for Montana. What exactly has Alex done that makes you think we will be kicking ourselves in the head ?
Im still rolling with Harbaugh
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Wow you must be young cat.

If 32 is young then ok, but why should I remember when young got booed briefly? He was a New QB with the niners that nobody knew about, if they booed him they probably loss and were mad this guy replaced montana. It's not like they randomly booed him when he was a winning QB.
[ Edited by Uppercut on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM ]
This team is making baby steps. The secondary and defense as a whole is going to take its lumps. The offense is still building. They opened the offense more, but it is obvious we are going to be more of a running offense. We are still making young team mistakes and are gradually improving. Our 3rd down % in the first half was 8/11, while 2nd half was 0/5. Next week, we will work on finishing games. We had DAL against the ropes the whole game, and I still believes this boils down to accepting that FG...
All these posters having brain aneurysms after a close loss to a more talented team make me facepalm.

We still have Smith and I have seen the "Calm down it's early" know it all facepalm talk for the past 9 years. Don't you think people have a right to be pessimistic when you have a horrible track record for almost a decade? We bring back the same QB who has shown NOTHING the previous 6 seasons and you want people to be patient again? We don't have to be, especially if we are dropping thousands on tickets.

Read the whole post before responding. So Alex has shown nothing the past two games? Well you should get the thousands you dropped back because you have seen nothing.

Most of the same posters when Harbaugh was hired admittedly knew he wasn't going to come out and win every game. It was the talk of the whole offseason, and the lockout compounded that. Now these same posters are all butthurt that their prediction is coming to fruition.

My expectations have been exceeded. I thought we were going to be MUCH worse.
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Wow you must be young cat.

If 32 is young then ok, but why should I remember in 1994 when young got booed briefly? He was a New QB with the niners that nobody knew about, if they booed him they probably loss and were mad this guy replaced montana. It's not like they randomly booed him when he was a winning QB.

Dude? He had been starting for 2 and a half years and won a MVP by that point. I'm 19 and I know that. You sure you're a 9er fan?
Read the whole post before responding. So Alex has shown nothing the past two games? Well you should get the thousands you dropped back because you have seen nothing.

Most of the same posters when Harbaugh was hired admittedly knew he wasn't going to come out and win every game. It was the talk of the whole offseason, and the lockout compounded that. Now these same posters are all butthurt that their prediction is coming to fruition.

My expectations have been exceeded. I thought we were going to be MUCH worse.

124 yards against the worst team in the NFL is impressive to you? Then one average game that every starter in the NFL does in the first half is blowing you away? You have some low expectations.
Watching espn highlights, all the other teams besides the 49ers exciting big plays downfield.

Harbaugh, "I want to see highlights of our team on tv"

When he took over for Joe after he was traded the fans really showed class. It was like a stadium filled with NinerTalk.

What do you expect? They didn't know anything about him at that point.

Lol wut?

He was on the team for like 5 years.

Nobody made you drop g's on tickets, the team is 1-1 and should be 2-0 against a very talented team. Let them try to do their god damned job, as if b***hing about it on an internet forum to a bunch of people who dont care is going to chance anything anyway.

Um thats what this fourm is for my friend. Him being a fan of this team made him drop money on tix. He should be able to expect a reasonal eturn on his investment. We all are fan that have different opinions speaking about it on a fan Fourm. Smoke one and Relax.

[ Edited by SF4EVA on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:21 PM ]
Dude? He had been starting for 2 and a half years and won a MVP by that point. I'm 19 and I know that. You sure you're a 9er fan?

Man please, so because you look up some information about him being booed when you were 4 years old all of a sudden you're a know it all, excuse me for not burning my memory with useless crap about an NFL QB getting booed.

Dont remember the 94 49ers, I was barely going to second or first grade

Yet people like you complain about people not going to the game, I go and you post that trash you did. I can say what the f*** I want to say about the team. Have you even been to a game or are you another out of state fan complaining about locals.
Share 49ersWebzone