LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

"Developing the offense" my a$$

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Since everyone seems to be complaining about offense, why not pile on some more?

This is more than just a conservative offense, it's downright Harbaugh-ring!

But for everyone who states, "Give it time", "Offense needs to develop", "Jim's WCO needs a few YEARS to get going", I call bull$h!t.

Why?

Every team had the same abbreviated offseason and crunch to learn the system, players, and playbook. And the vast majority of teams that are in the same situation as the Niners (new QB and/or offense) are performing a helluva lot better offensively:

Carolina (Cam Newton)
Cincinnati (Andy Dalton)
Cleveland (Colt McCoy)
Jacksonville (Luke McCown)
Tennessee (Matt Hasselbeck)
Arizona (Kevin Kolb)

It's amazing how the top 2 teams listed are lead by ROOKIE QBs who, in 2 games, look more comfortable than Alex Smith EVER HAS.

Great, Smith's completion % is 70%! Great, he's avoided multiple turnovers per game! He's a freakin' game manager...great!

Spread teams out to take advantage of your above average WRs and all-world TE? Not to mention, putting your QB (aka THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD) in a situation where he's most comfortable throwing?

Nah.

Just dig deeper into Jim Raye-baugh's playbook for a litany of short passes and ineffective runs!

Honestly, I dont care who Harbaugh "doesn't trust" (if that's actually what it is), grow a set, become more dynamic, and take some chances downfield. If the crappy teams I listed above are doing it (and pretty darn effectively), there is ZERO EXCUSE why the Niners (with arguable more talent than all of them) are mired in suckage.

Blake_Fever
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I like how you used the $$ to spell ass.
We should have only gave Walsh 2 games as well
Originally posted by susweel:

Not to mention bull$hit too.
You can also use it to spell dumba$$ and dumb$hit.

This definitely needed it own thread. No doubt about it in my mind.

I agree with the poster.
they only practiced the playbook for a month. Let them get the timing down. Besides, if harbaugh opened it up to the plays where they are not comfortable with yet, alex will make more WTF throws and NT will complain about giving alex smith too much s**t to handle.
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Since everyone seems to be complaining about offense, why not pile on some more?

This is more than just a conservative offense, it's downright Harbaugh-ring!

But for everyone who states, "Give it time", "Offense needs to develop", "Jim's WCO needs a few YEARS to get going", I call bull$h!t.

Why?

Every team had the same abbreviated offseason and crunch to learn the system, players, and playbook. And the vast majority of teams that are in the same situation as the Niners (new QB and/or offense) are performing a helluva lot better offensively:

Carolina (Cam Newton)
Cincinnati (Andy Dalton)
Cleveland (Colt McCoy)
Jacksonville (Luke McCown)
Tennessee (Matt Hasselbeck)
Arizona (Kevin Kolb)

It's amazing how the top 2 teams listed are lead by ROOKIE QBs who, in 2 games, look more comfortable than Alex Smith EVER HAS.

Great, Smith's completion % is 70%! Great, he's avoided multiple turnovers per game! He's a freakin' game manager...great!

Spread teams out to take advantage of your above average WRs and all-world TE? Not to mention, putting your QB (aka THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD) in a situation where he's most comfortable throwing?

Nah.

Just dig deeper into Jim Raye-baugh's playbook for a litany of short passes and ineffective runs!

Honestly, I dont care who Harbaugh "doesn't trust" (if that's actually what it is), grow a set, become more dynamic, and take some chances downfield. If the crappy teams I listed above are doing it (and pretty darn effectively), there is ZERO EXCUSE why the Niners (with arguable more talent than all of them) are mired in suckage.

Blake_Fever

Thank you for that fresh perspective.
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Sep 20, 2011 at 6:50 PM ]
Alex Smith and the offensive line will struggle if Harbaugh opened up this offense, and that would lead to the home crowd booing Smith. Why would you want that?
Share 49ersWebzone