LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 123 users in the forums

"Developing the offense" my a$$

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by moe8092:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
good thread...hope they don't lock it on yo a$$.

I'm tired of mediocrity....as well as fellow fans who accept mediocrity.

Im not surprised by it, considering that it felt like the game was being played in Dallas this past weekend. Even more shocking is that Ninerland is laden with fans accepting the defeat, posting the likes of "why is everyone so mad we lost to Dallas" and "oh well, they're a better team than us anyways" etc.

I think a lot of 49er supporters became fans after the Young era. They saw a glimpse of what once was with the likes of TO and Garcia, and then they became accustomed to watching a losing franchise. The old school fans just sit at home and reminisce about the glory days.

There was a time when fans booed Steve Young (who never won less than 10 games a season for us) for not playing to par with Joe Montana. Now we cheer Alex for putting up a good effort.

That was then and This is now. You try to Cheer this team through all this. This team looks real bad. At some point in a man career the game has to become easy and it has not for Alex. To tell the truth if we dont beat Cincy , then we will need to go in a different direction. Its still early in the season and if theses other teams can make thier rookies work then so should el QB Guru.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
Good thread! Not sure why my thread about the vanilla offense got locked. It was kinda similar. If youre unhappy with the offense does that mean your thread get locked?
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
Oh yeah and our secondary sucks
Originally posted by SFGem:
Good thread! Not sure why my thread about the vanilla offense got locked. It was kinda similar. If youre unhappy with the offense does that mean your thread get locked?

No it means if you make a thread that's redundant because there's a bunch of other threads like it then your thread gets locked because it offers nothing new and no meaningful conversation other than to complain and whine. /end thread
Originally posted by moe8092:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
good thread...hope they don't lock it on yo a$$.

I'm tired of mediocrity....as well as fellow fans who accept mediocrity.

Im not surprised by it, considering that it felt like the game was being played in Dallas this past weekend. Even more shocking is that Ninerland is laden with fans accepting the defeat, posting the likes of "why is everyone so mad we lost to Dallas" and "oh well, they're a better team than us anyways" etc.

I think a lot of 49er supporters became fans after the Young era. They saw a glimpse of what once was with the likes of TO and Garcia, and then they became accustomed to watching a losing franchise. The old school fans just sit at home and reminisce about the glory days.

There was a time when fans booed Steve Young (who never won less than 10 games a season for us) for not playing to par with Joe Montana. Now we cheer Alex for putting up a good effort.

like booing Steve Young is something to be proud of? It just makes the people who did it look f**king stupid because they booed a hall of famer for not playing as good as maybe the best QB ever.
When was Steve Young Booed in San Francisco? I never heard this.
Hundred percent agree with this post
All these posters having brain aneurysms after a close loss to a more talented team make me facepalm.

Stop associating Harbaugh with past mediocrity. He had nothing to do with it.
We tried being the balitmore ravens, that didnt work, then we tried to be the 85 bears, that didnt work, now were trying to be the 80s 49ers! WOW

Give it time? People here are funny we should put a face with a gun to his head pulling the trigger
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
All these posters having brain aneurysms after a close loss to a more talented team make me facepalm.

We still have Smith and I have seen the "Calm down it's early" know it all facepalm talk for the past 9 years. Don't you think people have a right to be pessimistic when you have a horrible track record for almost a decade? We bring back the same QB who has shown NOTHING the previous 6 seasons and you want people to be patient again? We don't have to be, especially if we are dropping thousands on tickets.

Originally posted by Uppercut:

When he took over for Joe after he was traded the fans really showed class. It was like a stadium filled with NinerTalk.

With all that talent on offense and ranking dead last on everything? I feel like Im taking crazy pills
When he took over for Joe after he was traded the fans really showed class. It was like a stadium filled with NinerTalk.

What do you expect? They didn't know anything about him at that point.
Originally posted by Uppercut:

Wow you must be young cat.
Share 49ersWebzone