LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Should they start putting Hunter into the rotation?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should they start putting Hunter into the rotation?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
what u feel and what u know are 2 completely different things, That goes for anyone who thinks Hunter can do half of what gore can do.....

So Hunter can't even get one 1 yard per carry ?
Originally posted by susweel:
what u feel and what u know are 2 completely different things, That goes for anyone who thinks Hunter can do half of what gore can do.....

So Hunter can't even get one 1 yard per carry ?

I absolutely think he could, there is no way in hell he can't get 1 measly yard, if he can't then they should fire Baalke foreals.
For sure. Don't understand with either he or Dixon are not getting more carries. Most teams go with two backs these days anyway; change of pace back is all the rage. Why we think we are different i'm not sure. Hunter would for sure be a nice change and spell Gore a bit. Conservative approach.
Other - need to open up the offense with a more proficient passing attack so defenses don't put all their guys on the line. Pass to set up the run or it will be stuffed.
Yes
If we do Norris better block a hell of alot better than hes been....if not than it doesnt matter who is our RB.....
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Other - need to open up the offense with a more proficient passing attack so defenses don't put all their guys on the line. Pass to set up the run or it will be stuffed.

I don't think that is the answer.

I wrote this in another thread.

You're right about teams stacking the box against our offense, however you're wrong as to the reason why.

They stack the box because Frank Gore runs between the tackles which allows teams to squeeze the OLB's in closer. When they are able to do this it leaves them with the ability for some of these exoctic blitzs or even 7 man jail breaks against our offense.

As for the real reason they can do this is because Frank Gore lacks the speed to beat them to the outside.

Watch a speed back like Chris Johnson [titans] and you will notice that the OLB's are forced to play 3-4 yds wider which gives the OL a better opportunity to win their battles...
  • titan
  • Veteran
Give him a chance he can't do no worse than 50 yards a game.
Wow, I remain of 49ers fans love about Gore when i was not fans of Gore.. Right?! I noticed the 49ers fans are some disappointed about Gore. I knew.. Gore is not work our team for the win games. I just respect the 49ers fans loved gore all the times. I don't mind to let him plays but.. Gore should plays off on 4th quarters! Head Coach should starting putting hunter into the 4th quarters!! Come on.. Trust me!! Go Niners Go!
Yes but Frank does better at blocking which is a major issue right now

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Wow, I remain of 49ers fans love about Gore when i was not fans of Gore.. Right?! I noticed the 49ers fans are some disappointed about Gore. I knew.. Gore is not work our team for the win games. I just respect the 49ers fans loved gore all the times. I don't mind to let him plays but.. Gore should plays off on 4th quarters! Head Coach should starting putting hunter into the 4th quarters!! Come on.. Trust me!! Go Niners Go!

Bro I'm going nuts trying to understand what you're saying
Dingleberry ran Gore into the ground ending his career about two years too early. Too bad because gore is one of my favorite players on the team. Hunter deserves a chance to get at least 10 touches a game.
It wouldn't hurt. He's a smaller back who can squeeze through the gaps when the line starts to collapse.

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for sfninerfanMax.
1000% YES! remember a game a few years back at DC and Gore broke some long runs and all Niner fans were like WOW---i love that--we need that. Well now Gore is like the running backs before that--older , slower, not in his prime. We need to go WOW again---and Hunter is our new WOW.
Share 49ersWebzone