LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Should they start putting Hunter into the rotation?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should they start putting Hunter into the rotation?

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Wow, I remain of 49ers fans love about Gore when i was not fans of Gore.. Right?! I noticed the 49ers fans are some disappointed about Gore. I knew.. Gore is not work our team for the win games. I just respect the 49ers fans loved gore all the times. I don't mind to let him plays but.. Gore should plays off on 4th quarters! Head Coach should starting putting hunter into the 4th quarters!! Come on.. Trust me!! Go Niners Go!

Bro I'm going nuts trying to understand what you're saying

Translation: Wow, I remember when 49er fans used to love Gore, though I was never a fan of his, you know? Now I notice the same fans are disappointed in the way Gore has been playing. I always knew Gore would not help us win games. I respect those who love/loved Gore and I don't mind if he plays, but he shouldn't play all four quarters. The head coach should start putting Hunter into the mix for a full game. Come on now, trust me! Go, Niners, Go!
[ Edited by FaithInJH on Sep 20, 2011 at 8:45 PM ]
Absolutely, no doubt, need a change-up. Why wait?
we should be playing anyone that can help.
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Wow, I remain of 49ers fans love about Gore when i was not fans of Gore.. Right?! I noticed the 49ers fans are some disappointed about Gore. I knew.. Gore is not work our team for the win games. I just respect the 49ers fans loved gore all the times. I don't mind to let him plays but.. Gore should plays off on 4th quarters! Head Coach should starting putting hunter into the 4th quarters!! Come on.. Trust me!! Go Niners Go!

Translation: Wow, I remember when 49er fans used to love Gore, though I was never a fan of his, you know? Now I notice the same fans are disappointed in the way Gore has been playing. I always knew Gore would not help us win games. I respect those who love/loved Gore and I don't mind if he plays, but he shouldn't play all four quarters. The head coach should start putting Hunter into the mix for a full game. Come on now, trust me! Go, Niners, Go!

Im as big a fan of frank's as anyone on these boards. After the Seahawks i gave him the benefit of the doubt because seattle knows his style well, i think there run D is pretty solid, and earl thomas had a heck of a game.

After the dallas game it is clear that Frank is not all there. His vision seems to be lacking and hes slow getting off the ball snap which causes the holes to close up before he reaches the LOS, or not see the cutback lane or if he is seeing them not have the ability to make the cut

I was all for running back by committee before the season started just because i thought Frank would be more beneficial to the team throughout the season with less carries. Now im all for running back by committee because it seems like it may be the only way to get the running game going. Teams have learned over the years that frank is a one cut up the gut type of back, and in previous years this was ok because Gore had just enough elusiveness and just enough power to either make someone miss or break a tackle and get extra yards. This year it is clear that frank doesn't have that going for him right now.

At this point and time this year frank is kind of expendable because if we need an elusive speedy cut back type of back we have Hunter. If we need a run your head into a wall for a yard back we have Dixon. Gore, right now anyways, should not be seeing anywhere near the amount of carries he has over the first two games.

I Love me some Gore, but this team needs to do what is best for the collective, not what is best for Franks psyche.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Im as big a fan of frank's as anyone on these boards. After the Seahawks i gave him the benefit of the doubt because seattle knows his style well, i think there run D is pretty solid, and earl thomas had a heck of a game.

After the dallas game it is clear that Frank is not all there. His vision seems to be lacking and hes slow getting off the ball snap which causes the holes to close up before he reaches the LOS, or not see the cutback lane or if he is seeing them not have the ability to make the cut

I was all for running back by committee before the season started just because i thought Frank would be more beneficial to the team throughout the season with less carries. Now im all for running back by committee because it seems like it may be the only way to get the running game going. Teams have learned over the years that frank is a one cut up the gut type of back, and in previous years this was ok because Gore had just enough elusiveness and just enough power to either make someone miss or break a tackle and get extra yards. This year it is clear that frank doesn't have that going for him right now.

At this point and time this year frank is kind of expendable because if we need an elusive speedy cut back type of back we have Hunter. If we need a run your head into a wall for a yard back we have Dixon. Gore, right now anyways, should not be seeing anywhere near the amount of carries he has over the first two games.

I Love me some Gore, but this team needs to do what is best for the collective, not what is best for Franks psyche.

Sad huh? He wasted his career on a garbage team.. but he doesn't seem fully recovered. I will give him another game or two, but man he doesn't look the same at all. No drive after first contact, just down. Although the game was played in our backfield all game lol

Wow! you are all correct the grammar! i am soo jealous because you are high level for good English Grammar than me!.. Thanks Bro..
I think we should split the reps between Gore and Hunter. Probably something along the lines of a 60/40 split. Hell maybe even throw in Dixon for a 50/35/15 spit. Gore just doesn't seem to have the explosiveness he has had in the past. I'm not sure if it's the hip or the OLine.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Sad huh? He wasted his career on a garbage team.. but he doesn't seem fully recovered. I will give him another game or two, but man he doesn't look the same at all. No drive after first contact, just down. Although the game was played in our backfield all game lol

It is sad. Put frank in his prime on the Pittsburgh steelers teams of recent years, or someone of that nature, and they would have two more super bowls. I hope he can recover and get some of that swagger back, but watching how slow he is to get off the ball really has me worried.
The sad thing is I think Frank's still as talented as ever and his real problems are mental. He looks like he's afraid of getting hurt. Not running hard, not fighting through tackles. That's what made him so good before, it took 4 guys to bring him down because he was running so hard. Now I only see that tenacity on a couple of his runs a game, the other runs he seems content falling over as soon as someone is there to tackle him.

Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
The sad thing is I think Frank's still as talented as ever and his real problems are mental. He looks like he's afraid of getting hurt. Not running hard, not fighting through tackles. That's what made him so good before, it took 4 guys to bring him down because he was running so hard. Now I only see that tenacity on a couple of his runs a game, the other runs he seems content falling over as soon as someone is there to tackle him.

I understand your point, but i really don't think that is the issue. Frank has taken his beating over the years and has always asked for more. He wants to be the bell cow even this year. I think if he was afraid of taking the big hits he would be less likely to be so stubborn about giving up reps. He just simply does not have the power and movement that he once had. You can see it when he gets off the ball. I will never believe that frank is anything but a warrior that truly wants to carry the team on his back...the problem is this mentality is what has gotten him to the point where he is at.

Wow! you are all correct the grammar! i am soo jealous because you are high level for good English Grammar than me!.. Thanks Bro..

It's fine dude, 90% of us can read what you say. I agree with you, Gore doesnt look like the same player he used to be. He's slower when hes trying to change directions and he's lost some power after the broken hip. We need to give Hunter some carries, he was a beast in college. I think he can be a good player in the NFL, and we really could use a quicker running back in there.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Frank Gore is done. Hunter should be starting.

i dont care what franks done in the past.. yes he has been pretty great, but at this point in his career he needs to split the load with a younger quicker version. he still has something left in the tank but passing the torch over is something coming soon. it may be the o line why he is doing terrible.. none of us really know but if hunter can get some kind of production out of the run game then our offense looks a billion times better cause right now our only ball movement is coming off of alex smith... which isnt saying much lol. if he had some help in the run game then our offense would eat up alot more clock and be a hell of a lot more effective.
It's too early for me to be throwing in the towel on Gore. We've all noticed that teams are still stacking the box. A poster earlier mentioned it's because he runs through the tackles and not a speed guy on the outside. I believe that. With that said, I'm all in favor of rotating Gore and Hunter. Two very different runners, like Barlow and Gore were. It would be a great combo and keep the D more spread out. We've got nothing to lose by using both IMHO.
Share 49ersWebzone