Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh's Monday Post-Game Presser Thread

Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
I thought he sounded stunned and was going to cry. I wish he had a nice long honeymoon to get settled in, but 7 years of crap football and bad coaching, and obvious mistakes , and no killer instinct, and no backbone will get you no love from fans or the media.

When I saw Boone, Snyder and Norris walk on the field together, I told every Dallas fan with in ten rows of me what run play we were going to run, and they all said "we know"

If Harbaugh doesn't understand what this fan base wants to see, and what they expect from a 25 million dollar HC, his time here will be unpleasant and short.

Agree.

Some people claim Alex = coach killer

The reality is for the last 8 years...BEING A STUBBORN FOOL = coach killer.

Not saying this will be Harbaugh's fate but honestly...all we're asking for as fans is to see some aggressiveness..CONSISTENTLY.

But then if they're aggressive and make a mistake on a play that costs us the game, you guys will still be b***hing!

I think it's gotten to the point where people don't even care if there's a mistake

Bulllllls**t. You must not have been here for the bigass thread about how Smit should have thrown to Crabtree instead of Gore and how he sucked for it, when we WON against Seattle. Everything this team does gets picked apart, win or loss. Like I said jokingly in another thread, Smith could run for an 80 yard TD and people would say that he was being selfish because he could have thrown Michael Crabtree open. Just look at the Dallas game. Harbaugh does the smart thing and takes the points instead of the penalty, and puts this team up by two scores. People b***h about that decision constantly. Harbaugh is a first year head coach that came in with hardly any offseason and only a handful of practices (even less with the FAs) and people are still expecting a Super Bowl this year. It's a lose-lose situation.

The bold is only your opinion. Stats say the "smart thing" should have been going for it on 4th and 1 in that spot on the field as most coaches do. "Smart thing" also supported by stats say he had a better chance if he accepted the penalty.

The reason why Alex Smith missing Crabtree was harped on so much because WE KNOW that missing plays like that will eventually hurt in the long run (see Smith missing wide open Morgan and quickly checking it down to Gore).

These get discussed so much because we continuously miss on possibly big plays at critical moments and these cause us to lose games in the long run and possible momentum/confidence for the season.

In the past 8 years, we have rarely, if at all, seen a game executed well for 60 minutes by players or coaches.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
The bold is only your opinion. Stats say the "smart thing" should have been going for it on 4th and 1 in that spot on the field as most coaches do. "Smart thing" also supported by stats say he had a better chance if he accepted the penalty.

The reason why Alex Smith missing Crabtree was harped on so much because WE KNOW that missing plays like that will eventually hurt in the long run (see Smith missing wide open Morgan and quickly checking it down to Gore).

These get discussed so much because we continuously miss on possibly big plays at critical moments and these cause us to lose games in the long run and possible momentum/confidence for the season.

In the past 8 years, we have rarely, if at all, seen a game executed well for 60 minutes by players or coaches.

We had dallas, but somehow for one reason or another, we kill ourselves. It's good to see that Alex Smith has been 1 of the positives so far suprizingly enough.
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Press-Pass-Jim-Harbaugh/35a0bc62-8c5f-498d-8cdd-26408a06c3e7

There's a funny moment (IMO) from Harbaugh's Wednesday press gathering. It starts at 9:30 after he's asked about his opinion of NCAA conference realignment. He said he had no take and went on to talk about how little he knows about what's going on in the world. "Sometimes I'll just go up to people and ask, what's going on in the world?. . . . are there any earthquakes, tornado's, natural disasters? Stock Market? No idea"

It just cracked me up for some reason.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:26 PM ]
bump
I predict he is going to get peppered with questions about benching Gore.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I predict he is going to get peppered with questions about benching Gore.

Probably, but he already said it was because he hurt his ankle.
sooo what was said?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
sooo what was said?

+1
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
sooo what was said?

+1

Alex is a game manager
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by WillistheWall: