LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Harbaugh's Monday Post-Game Presser Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

How about throwing footballs into the dirt? It's still a down killer.

And no, giving up pressure isn't a turnover.....

How about said low throws that weren't actually in the "dirt" being dropped by receivers?
Originally posted by CrownJP:
I do not recall Alex throwing the ball in the dirt .... i do remember him throwing the ball low to Crabtree and it hitting his hands and crabtree not catching it ... is this the throw in the dirt to which you are refering to?

He skipped one this week. His accuracy was worse yesterday than in the first two weeks, IMO.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I do not recall Alex throwing the ball in the dirt .... i do remember him throwing the ball low to Crabtree and it hitting his hands and crabtree not catching it ... is this the throw in the dirt to which you are refering to?

He skipped one this week. His accuracy was worse yesterday than in the first two weeks, IMO.
Which play did he skip the ball???? i must have missed that one ... i did see the low ball that almost hit the ground, that one was really low, but i thought it shouldve been caught .... i thought he only threw 2-3 bad passes all game, the one to Morgan was really bad thought ...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Rachal deserves to be called out....but so does Staley. For some reason, most of the Webzone is fixated on Rachal as the OL whipping boy. Meanwhile, guys like Staley get blown off the ball, give up sacks numerous, and you don't hear a peep.
Originally posted by kray28:
Rachal deserves to be called out....but so does Staley. For some reason, most of the Webzone is fixated on Rachal as the OL whipping boy. Meanwhile, guys like Staley get blown off the ball, give up sacks numerous, and you don't hear a peep.

Outside of iupati the whole line is trash and even Iupati is garbage sometimes
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Harbaugh on Chilo Rachal's starting job: "To be determined... There's a competition there."

Jeeze.. after 3 years the dude is still iffy enough to have competition from a career backup If you can't play guard after 3 years, there's no where to go but out of the league.

Same could be said about a 7-year player we know of...luckily, hr has 2 rookies for "competition."

Low blow perspective!!!

Yes, double standard. We don't treat very player or position the same.
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Harbaugh on Chilo Rachal's starting job: "To be determined... There's a competition there."

Jeeze.. after 3 years the dude is still iffy enough to have competition from a career backup If you can't play guard after 3 years, there's no where to go but out of the league.

Same could be said about a 7-year player we know of...luckily, hr has 2 rookies for "competition."

Low blow perspective!!!

Chilo is in a new system that is 20 times more complicated than last years' system which he also was slow to learn. He needs at least a year.

Which play did he skip the ball???? i must have missed that one ... i did see the low ball that almost hit the ground, that one was really low, but i thought it shouldve been caught .... i thought he only threw 2-3 bad passes all game, the one to Morgan was really bad thought ...

I remember it happening. I gotta watch the film to be sure.
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Low blow perspective!!!

Chilo is in a new system that is 20 times more complicated than last years' system which he also was slow to learn. He needs at least a year.

That's 3 years 3 different offensive line coaches. And he's playing alongside Anthony Davis. Wait that would be Chilosexcues

Well ill just take your word ... i wouldnt wish anyone to re-watch that game, not even my enemies ...

Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
That failed try at sarcasm would work better if Alex was throwing picks aka "letting guys bye"

How about throwing footballs into the dirt? It's still a down killer.

And no, giving up pressure isn't a turnover.....
You are right a gaurd keeping someone in front of him is just as hard as knowing the entire offense as well as reading the defense handling the ball and making an accurate throw. Come on if you ever played football you would know that compariung an incompletion to a Qb pressure from a guard is Apples and Oranges

It happened, bad passes happen for every Qb but comparing the responsibility and difficulty a RG has to a QB is seriously laughable.

It definitly happened. It was on the play Smith scrambled out of the pocket and almost ran, but threw it to the reciever and it skipped off the dirt. I'm pretty sure it was to Crabtree, because I remember thinking, I wonder what Crabs is thinking right now.... No doubt is was on Alex.

It definitly happened. It was on the play Smith scrambled out of the pocket and almost ran, but threw it to the reciever and it skipped off the dirt. I'm pretty sure it was to Crabtree, because I remember thinking, I wonder what Crabs is thinking right now.... No doubt is was on Alex.

the one to crabtree hit crabs right in the hands he just dropped it
It's so refreshing that harbaugh is considering starting another guard. Not to many coaches in the recent past have been willing to bench a player who is not performing. Rachal may end up being the long term starter but he might need some bench time until whatever happens. Kilgore and Snyder are able and willing replacements until Rachal decides he wants to put the extra work in becoming something we all expect.
Share 49ersWebzone