LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

ESPN Ranking NFL starting quarterbacks (Alex Smith #28)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I would have no problem...but i'm trying to think of a phrase that describes Alex's fans who blind fully defend him or bash others who criticize him his play.

If I just said "Alex Fans" then I think that would not be fair to fans of Alex, but who do not put him before the team. And when Alex is playing behind center of my 9ers, well I'm an Alex fan as well.

now if I just posted "ALEX FANBOYS SUCK!!!!" or something else unoriginal or just immature...then I understand....but I can't think of any other term when referring to this particular fan base.

but I'll try to do my part.

alex supporters you just cant find another way to say it while dropping the derogatory nature of it.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM ]
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
alex supporters

still not fair to Alex supporters....I mean who would not want Alex to succeed in the long run, if you are a true fan of the 9ers....I just think it is too general of a statement.
you just cant find another way to say it without dropping the derogatory nature of it.

and who determines who is a fan boy or supporter or fan? whoever disagrees with you gets labled a fan boy?

you have posted fanboy at me at least 2 times and i have been very rational while presenting evidence to support my claims.

what do we get to call guys who just bash with no evidence other then their opinions?
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:41 PM ]
alex supporters

still not fair to Alex supporters....I mean who would not want Alex to succeed in the long run, if you are a true fan of the 9ers....I just think it is too general of a statement.

I'm not trying to insult anyone but " Alexsexuals" is the funniest.
you just cant find another way to say it without dropping the derogatory nature of it.

and who determines who is a fan boy or supporter or fan? whoever disagrees with you gets labled a fan boy?

you have posted fanboy at me at least 2 times and i have been very rational while presenting evidence to support my claims.

what do we get to call guys who just bash with no evidence other then their opinions?

when did I call you an Alex fanboy?
then why didn't he bring Troy Smith back? or try to offer the Lions a 7th round pick for Shaun Hill..lol.......or get Rattay out of retirement? Alex Smith has had SuperBowl winning Mike McCarthy as Coach, SuperBowl winning Mike Martz as a coach, and SuperBowl winning Norve Turner as a coach....its not like Alex has had scrubs all of his career. The front office has brought in these coaches...as well as players to surround him with who turned into Probowlers.

yall act like Alex has been playing for the old Browns or old Lions for most of his career or something.

I didn't want to pick a QB in 2005, I thought we needed to rebuild the lines, as smart teams do before they start drafting skill positions. Smith was hopeless in 2005 as a rookie because he was not NFL ready, he was like Colin is now, non-functional as an NFL QB. 2006 he showed improvement with Turner coaching him up, after Turner left Smith struggled under the bad luck hire Hostler until he was injured. Martz brought his boy (and Joecools secret mancrush) JTO, that coupled with injury was a period that is kind of irrational to hold against Smith. Then comes Raye the facepalm fail of offensive coordinators, whose playbook was etched on the back of the Ten Commandments, yet in every healthy year Smith has had, he has improved, at least a little. Our best (only) hope is that Harbaugh was right about Smith and he can make him into a quality starter. As I see it up till now, he has been playing with the old lions team coaching wise.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
then why didn't he bring Troy Smith back? or try to offer the Lions a 7th round pick for Shaun Hill..lol.......or get Rattay out of retirement? Alex Smith has had SuperBowl winning Mike McCarthy as Coach, SuperBowl winning Mike Martz as a coach, and SuperBowl winning Norve Turner as a coach....its not like Alex has had scrubs all of his career. The front office has brought in these coaches...as well as players to surround him with who turned into Probowlers.

yall act like Alex has been playing for the old Browns or old Lions for most of his career or something.

I didn't want to pick a QB in 2005, I thought we needed to rebuild the lines, as smart teams do before they start drafting skill positions. Smith was hopeless in 2005 as a rookie because he was not NFL ready, he was like Colin is now, non-functional as an NFL QB. 2006 he showed improvement with Turner coaching him up, after Turner left Smith struggled under the bad luck hire Hostler until he was injured. Martz brought his boy (and Joecools secret mancrush) JTO, that coupled with injury was a period that is kind of irrational to hold against Smith. Then comes Raye the facepalm fail of offensive coordinators, whose playbook was etched on the back of the Ten Commandments, yet in every healthy year Smith has had, he has improved, at least a little. Our best (only) hope is that Harbaugh was right about Smith and he can make him into a quality starter. As I see it up till now, he has been playing with the old lions team coaching wise.

No! It has ALL been because of Smith. The team should have dumped him. We would still have Nolan and Martz leading this team to greatness on JTO's arm. How could everybody be so blind!?!?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
alex supporters

I'm not trying to insult anyone but " Alexsexuals" is the funniest.

The first use of that resulted in a banning. I suggest it not be used.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

No! It has ALL been because of Smith. The team should have dumped him. We would still have Nolan and Martz leading this team to greatness on JTO's arm. How could everybody be so blind!?!?

Well my Okie friend, they say perception is reality and there are many points of view. The view we share might not make sense to someone that has a different point of view. Afrikan is a good guy though, quality poster.

Well my Okie friend, they say perception is reality and there are many points of view. The view we share might not make sense to someone that has a different point of view. Afrikan is a good guy though, quality poster.

oh don't you dare try to soften me up Memphis...

it'll go on for awhile.

it'll go on for awhile.
LOL...just stating a fact man.

it'll go on for awhile.

Haha wtf is that from? Old guys scrappin FTW!

it'll go on for awhile.

Harbaugh vs Carrol week 1

when did I call you an Alex fanboy?

you replied to my post and you used the word fanboy in it. i just reread it and you said all of the alex fan boys last year. i kinda got the feeling you were trying to clump me in that group, but maybe you werent.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I know how it works. I'm talking about your actions prior to the ban.

I'm saying instead of talking s**t to the guy on this board for everyone to see, a PM would be more professional.

This is what your said to him:

"The context is pretty clear: You posting 41 times in this thread belittling and calling out other posters who disagree with you. That's the context."
"This is coming from the poster with 41 of the posts in this thread, nearly double the next closest person." "Also, try punctuation, genius."

You don't think a PM would have been a better way to handle that? Instead you called em out and sarcastically called him a genius and that he should try punctuation. As a mod, antagonizing and belittling another poster regardless of that poster's actions is not professional.
This.
Share 49ersWebzone