There are 212 users in the forums

Will Konrad Reuland make the roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Yes. TE #3 and will see some playing time as well.

Harbaugh and Roman LOVE TEs. Don't be surprised to see three TE, 1 WR sets on occasion....and the Niners THROW the ball.

3 TE 1 WR will be a complete mismatch. The defense will be forced to go big and no way LB's cover Davis and Walker. If they want to go with DB's on Davis and Walker, then we run the ball behind those two because they will be clearing those DB's out of the way for an easy 3-5 yard run play.

You guys are giving me a boner just thinking about this

This would be good to see. Heck, I was a big fan of the 2 TE sets that we rarely saw.

My boner or the offense?

Harbaugh and Roman LOVE TEs. Don't be surprised to see three TE, 1 WR sets on occasion....and the Niners THROW the ball.

3 TE 1 WR will be a complete mismatch. The defense will be forced to go big and no way LB's cover Davis and Walker. If they want to go with DB's on Davis and Walker, then we run the ball behind those two because they will be clearing those DB's out of the way for an easy 3-5 yard run play.

This would be good to see. Heck, I was a big fan of the 2 TE sets that we rarely saw.

and knowing that Harbs used the TE a lot at Stanford...it could be real exciting.

And this is also why I think we'll only keep 5 WR's. Would we keep Ronald Johnson just to have him inactive on game days, or an active Konrad?
This is still too weird, I was his little brothers best friend going up till we went to different high school. Konrad is a funny mother f*cker, their entire family is just freak athletes.
With Lawrie, what you see if what you get, he has been in the NFL for 3-4 yrs. With Rueland, his upside is so much better. Rueland is a better pass catcher and knows the offense but Lawrie has more NFLexperience and blocks better. However, anyone can put on 10 lbs of muscle and be taught to improve their blocking.
I'd take Rueland and by Nov he will have passed up Lawrie and by next year will be an excellent asset to the team. Rueland would be good for a few quick redzone TDs earlyin the season while other teams think he is just some flunky blocking TE.
Yeah, he'll be our #3.

My boner or the offense?

Why is there a google and you tube signs in your post?
He's a lock after Byham's injury.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
He's a lock after Byham's injury.

yep
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

My boner or the offense?

Why is there a google and you tube signs in your post?

Don't click the link...there might be a reason for his line of comments...
Sure does.

Yea he will, Harbaugh likes him. He's already familiar with Harbaughs offense. Perfect number 3 TE
Sure seems like it. You don't start calling someone "Novacek" if you think they are scrub.
I think that it is pretty safe to figure we will keep three TE's and with byham out and the fact that Konrad Reuland has demonstrated throughout camp that he can consistently find the open areas and that he catches practically everything thrown near him. Konrad Reuland may even eventually become more of an asset than Walker at some point down the road. He makes a great target with his size and his blocking will improve with coaching and NFL experience. Yeah this kid makes it as our third TE.
He will be one of the "Key Positions" that runs with the offense to get evaluated against the texans. Make it happen kommie!
Yes
Share 49ersWebzone