There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If someone offers a decent deal for Frank Gore, TAKE IT!

what do people really think a team will give up for Gore, considering his age, injuries, and the fact that he wants a new contract? Teams won't trade much for a one-year rental, and neither will they trade much if they are then going to have to pay Gore the money we don't want to pay him.

Getting good value for him might be the smart business move, but we won't get good value for him. I'd rather overpay to keep him than get raped in a trade.

Give him a deal like we gave Nate and lets get on with this s**t and win the motherf**king West.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
what do people really think a team will give up for Gore, considering his age, injuries, and the fact that he wants a new contract? Teams won't trade much for a one-year rental, and neither will they trade much if they are then going to have to pay Gore the money we don't want to pay him.

Getting good value for him might be the smart business move, but we won't get good value for him. I'd rather overpay to keep him than get raped in a trade.

Give him a deal like we gave Nate and lets get on with this s**t and win the motherf**king West.

you are the worst Ninertalk GM ever

Id trade him for Chris Johnson, Jake Locker and a 2nd round pick
Originally posted by valrod33:

actually, I would re-sign Kory Sheets and then trade him for CJ2k, Locker, and a 2nd, then trade Gore to New England for Welker, two 1sts, and Tom Brady's weiner in a glass of orange juice.
Originally posted by valrod33:

actually, I would re-sign Kory Sheets and then trade him for CJ2k, Locker, and a 2nd, then trade Gore to New England for Welker, two 1sts, and Tom Brady's weiner in a glass of orange juice.

now thats a deal i could see happen
Your a F#$*#ng moron...OK Lets give away a player who is 900 or so yards away from being our all time leading rusher for a draft pick Nearly a year away...why give up a proven stud for someone coming out of college who hasn't proven a damn thing. How can people be so f-ing dumb. We should trade You for a Raider fan!!
Frank Gores value to the niners far exceeds anything any other team would be willing to give up to get him.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Baalke (maybe under the direction of Jed) is cheap, so I think he is going to present a lowball offer, and piss Gore off more. I think Gore plays out his contract and moves elsewhere in 2012.

So, in your opinion, what is a "fair" contract for Gore? I mean good for the organization and good for Gore.

I guess not responding gives reason to criticize any deal they give Gore...
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
we are not going to get a deal equivalent to Gore's value on this team.

QFT.

Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Frank Gores value to the niners far exceeds anything any other team would be willing to give up to get him.

I think Baalke's approach is to pay big money to players on their way to their prime, instead of paying big money to players who have already plateau'd.

I love me some Gore for what he's done, but I honestly think he's not the "long-term" plan for this new regime. Unless of course he accepts the lower offer on the table.

That's my two centavos.
[ Edited by verb1der on Aug 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM ]
when he is signed he should be given the majority of his money this year and next year, because he is not going to dominate after a couple more seasons of getting pounded on, but lets hope they get a deal done soon so frank can retire a 49er
Originally posted by footballa8181:
Your a F#$*#ng moron...OK Lets give away a player who is 900 or so yards away from being our all time leading rusher for a draft pick Nearly a year away...why give up a proven stud for someone coming out of college who hasn't proven a damn thing. How can people be so f-ing dumb. We should trade You for a Raider fan!!

Now that's a first post! LOL Internet tough!
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Now that's a first post! LOL Internet tough!

LMAO ..Thats what you call starting things off with a bang....gotta watch the name calling though , the webzone is a classy place
Dixon hasn't proven anything and while I love hunter so far, he has yet to prove anything either. Why does everyone always want to trade a proven commodity for a draft pick? Walsh and most good FO don't trade a player unless you have a PROVEN player that can step in like we had Gore for Barlow or Craig for Tyler. Plus no one is going to make a good deal since this is his last year on his contract. The only other reason a player gets traded is cap concerns.
Trade Gore for Kory Sheets, Thomas Clayton, Glen Coffee, and let's not forget Jamal Robertson or Maurice Hicks!
we are not going to get a deal equivalent to Gore's value on this team.

QFT.

Originally posted by RichmondPete:

Agree.