There are 131 users in the forums

If someone offers a decent deal for Frank Gore, TAKE IT!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I love Frank the Tank, but I would take a trade deal that gave us a 3rd or better if the offer came. Dixon-Hunter looks like a powerful 1-2 punch and Hunter could be a star in the making. And of the four teams that would be dying to bring on Gore and get 2 - 3 years out of him -- the Packers, Chargers, Colts, and Redskins -- 3 of them are almost a lock for the playoffs and have a shot at the Super Bowl. Gore in a Packers uniform would almost make them a lock to win the NFC.

I think you are SERIOUSLY under valuing Frank Gore and how he will contribute to this new offense. The WCO is heavily reliant on the RB position, Frank is by far the smartest and most capable back we have for what we are going to need to execute the offense PROPERLY.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
but Baalke is our GM, so anything is possible right?

Baalke (maybe under the direction of Jed) is cheap, so I think he is going to present a lowball offer, and piss Gore off more. I think Gore plays out his contract and moves elsewhere in 2012.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Baalke (maybe under the direction of Jed) is cheap, so I think he is going to present a lowball offer, and piss Gore off more. I think Gore plays out his contract and moves elsewhere in 2012.

So, in your opinion, what is a "fair" contract for Gore? I mean good for the organization and good for Gore.
oops double
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Aug 24, 2011 at 9:03 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
but Baalke is our GM, so anything is possible right?

Harbaugh said "there is an offer on the table..." Let's see what comes of it.

I could easily see a scenario where Gore plays out the season and goes to Miami.

Regardless of how Gore plays, the 49ers will use Hunter and Dixon enough to get a good idea as to whether or not either of them can replace Gore. Be it for injury or if he walks, they must have a replacement on the roster. If we get to mid-season and it looks like either of them can replace Gore, then Gore can either accept the offer or walk. I don't see DeAngelo money for Gore in any scenario, but I do hope he gets enough to decide to stay here.

I liked the approach Denver used while Shanahan was there: draft a RB every season, and as one went down, another stepped in and rolled up good numbers. So while they never duplicated Terrell Davis, they had some very productive backs.
[ Edited by dj43 on Aug 24, 2011 at 9:09 AM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
If that's the case, oh well. Would it be fiscally responsible to pay a 29 year-old running back Deangelo Williams money? I'd love to keep Gore and I think they'll get it done, but when you call something a low-ball, you better know who the agent they are dealing with is. There isn't a doubt in my mind that Rosenhaus is trying to high-ball the Niners right now and good for them for not giving in just like they didn't cave in the Crabtree saga (which you predicted they would).

I agree, hopefully Rosenhaus' negotiations ends up like Goldson part II.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I love Frank the Tank, but I would take a trade deal that gave us a 3rd or better if the offer came. Dixon-Hunter looks like a powerful 1-2 punch and Hunter could be a star in the making. And of the four teams that would be dying to bring on Gore and get 2 - 3 years out of him -- the Packers, Chargers, Colts, and Redskins -- 3 of them are almost a lock for the playoffs and have a shot at the Super Bowl. Gore in a Packers uniform would almost make them a lock to win the NFC.

I've said this before, and now with a WCO in place, running back by committee, will do just fine. Some serviceable RB will get cut in the numbers game. The WCO doesn't need a "bell cow" and if I never say "bell cow" agin it will be too soon. This should be a diverse spread the ball around offense, where all 5 skill players could end up with the ball on any down. I love Frank, but he needs to be "fed" the ball, and I always get the feeling the way coaches and players talk, he b***hes loudly for the ball, in this offense nobody should get 30 touches. Look at teams with feature backs who are more than 50% of the total team offense, those teams are more often than not losing teams. With No-win and Dingle-berry a "bell cow" suited there offensive style, and he was the lone bright spot, but with a new regime, and a new style, he will be less of a factor.

If we can't find a serviceable RB in the final cuts I would feel safe with Westbrook, Oman, and Hunter as RB, and Dixon and Miller at FB. With or with Frank we are a 7-10 win team at best.

Trade him for picks not players, I'd take a 2nd or 3rd, but we gotta send him somewhere that sucks so our pick is higher.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
do it! get something out of Frank before we get nothing out of him. I have confidence in Dixon/Hunter to take over!
Originally posted by Chico:
do it! get something out of Frank before we get nothing out of him. I have confidence in Dixon/Hunter to take over!

Off of two preseason games against 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers?
b******t!!!!!! Why would you trade a proven guy for a draft pick. This is the stupidest thing I have seen on here. JACK WAGON!!!!

Originally posted by dj43:
Harbaugh said "there is an offer on the table..." Let's see what comes of it.

I could easily see a scenario where Gore plays out the season and goes to Miami.

Regardless of how Gore plays, the 49ers will use Hunter and Dixon enough to get a good idea as to whether or not either of them can replace Gore. Be it for injury or if he walks, they must have a replacement on the roster. If we get to mid-season and it looks like either of them can replace Gore, then Gore can either accept the offer or walk. I don't see DeAngelo money for Gore in any scenario, but I do hope he gets enough to decide to stay here.

I liked the approach Denver used while Shanahan was there: draft a RB every season, and as one went down, another stepped in and rolled up good numbers. So while they never duplicated Terrell Davis, they had some very productive backs.

...but they were never as good a team as when they had Davis.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Trade Frank Gore, you guys got to be kidding me. Ok wait, maybe for a 1st round pick yah, but a 3rd round pick....seriously?? Our running after Gore went down with an injury was soft. Sure Westbrook rushed for a 100 yards, but C'mon look who that was against. We're gonna regret not re-signing Frank Gore if we can't by the time the season is over. Shoot LT is 31 yrs old and still rushed for 900 yards and 6 TD's, Frank isn't even 30 yet hes still got 2-3 GOOD years left.

LT didn't have the injury history.
After 2008 he had multiple injuries (Knee, Groin, Ankle, Big toe) and was said to have lost a step. Didn't seem to have lost much in New York.
If Gore really felt like he was a lifetime Niner he should not have gone public with his beef. It's unwarranted.

The Niners have been nothing but very fair in their dealings with him. Cut him a very good deal when they absolutely did not have to. Got good money up front too.
Some are talking like he's getting raped. $5million is NOT chump change for a RB coming off a troubling injury, who, except for one season has not played a whole season, who has only once rushed for over 1,100 yds in a season. The Niners have always more than taken care of their best players, inasmuch as they have had any. They have been very generous. They would be the same with Gore. But I hope that they don't overpay ridiculously; especially now that he's b*tching. That would send bad signals for the future with other players. Gore needs to STFU and deal with management quietly if he truly feels he's a Niner.

Consider this: If he was with the Patriots (who, I believe, are the gold standard for the way to run an organization ATM) he would be gone. They would fleece some team for more than he's worth and move on. Seymor : he thought that was indispensible; next thing, he's a Raider. R Moss: After a All-pro season, sqawks about not getting paid; next thing, they fleece the Vickings for a pick, he doesn't last out the rest of the season over there. Out of the NFL now.

Frankly (no pun intended), now that he's b*tched in public, I would look to trade him to some team (Bengals?) who would overpay with a high draft-pick and build for the future. the team does not need a distracting whiner in the locker room. And it would put paid to similar nonsense in the future.

Problem is the Niner probably wouldn't even get a third-rounder for him. The rest of the NFL are not a buch of homies.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
If Gore really felt like he was a lifetime Niner he should not have gone public with his beef. It's unwarranted.

The Niners have been nothing but very fair in their dealings with him. Cut him a very good deal when they absolutely did not have to. Got good money up front too.
Some are talking like he's getting raped. $5million is NOT chump change for a RB coming off a troubling injury, who, except for one season has not played a whole season, who has only once rushed for over 1,100 yds in a season. The Niners have always more than taken care of their best players, inasmuch as they have had any. They have been very generous. They would be the same with Gore. But I hope that they don't overpay ridiculously; especially now that he's b*tching. That would send bad signals for the future with other players. Gore needs to STFU and deal with management quietly if he truly feels he's a Niner.

Consider this: If he was with the Patriots (who, I believe, are the gold standard for the way to run an organization ATM) he would be gone. They would fleece some team for more than he's worth and move on. Seymor : he thought that was indispensible; next thing, he's a Raider. R Moss: After a All-pro season, sqawks about not getting paid; next thing, they fleece the Vickings for a pick, he doesn't last out the rest of the season over there. Out of the NFL now.

Frankly (no pun intended), now that he's b*tched in public, I would look to trade him to some team (Bengals?) who would overpay with a high draft-pick and build for the future. the team does not need a distracting whiner in the locker room. And it would put paid to similar nonsense in the future.

Problem is the Niner probably wouldn't even get a third-rounder for him. The rest of the NFL are not a buch of homies.

Gore for Palmer? I agree STFU and play old man!
why would the Bengals trade for Gore when they have Benson already?
Share 49ersWebzone