There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we have the worst QB situation in the NFL ?

Do we have the worst QB situation in the NFL ?

This thread sucks out loud.
QB situation is bad, made worst by so many question marks on every facet of the team. But there's one person who seems to know what he's doing, that's Harbaugh. And the coaching staff seems competent. Have to wait and see what they can do.
I stopped reading at this Coeur d'Alen

This is America not France

FREEDOM FRIES FTW
Originally posted by mike:
Well lets see, first off how did that game turn into a blowout because of him? Pretty sure any time your defense allows 48 points(400+yards) you've got a slim chance of winning no matter who is at quarterback.(unless his name is brees, brady, or manning) He had some bad picks but that's going to happen in your FIRST nfl start. Their defense was not any better, such as the fumbled kick return that brees easily scored on the very next drive. Those "Garbage yards" are still more than alex could hope to produce and that was the only point I was making, that kolb is better, whether a lot of it has to do with "potential" or not. If you want to go by win percentage, kolb is 3/8(37.5%), Smith is a career 19/51(about the same, around 38%) in games he's started. The difference is at least kolb could even himself out with one win streak, obviously the sample size we've got is MUCH smaller on him. Alex has years and years of losing where kolb has what amounts to half a season spread across a couple years. Would you rather have potential to be better, or stick with the same old s**t?

Uh he threw costly picks giving new orleans a short field? Like i said, kolb is just another mediocre qb until he proves otherwise.
OL was mentioned 17 times....lol.
Originally posted by valrod33:

FREEDOM FRIES FTW
Coeur D'Alene is in Idaho and is actually gorgeous. I got to visit once back when I was living in Montana.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood:

FREEDOM FRIES FTW
Coeur D'Alene is in Idaho and is actually gorgeous. I got to visit once back when I was living in Montana.

I was in Kellogg at Silver Mountain Resort during this same time. North Idaho is beautiful country.

cool story, bro
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Its comical that people are playing the "Kevin Kolb has a lower career QB rating than ALex does" card, then say that Seattle has a worse QB situation than we do....when Tavaris has a better career QB rating than ALex does.

Just funny to me.

There isnt a single GM/head coach/front office in the NFL that would take ALex Smith over Kevin Kolb. Period.

There actually is one, the SF 49ers front office and coaching staff. Had the opportunity to grab Kolb and re-signed Alex instead.

You have GOT to be joking me. If you honestly believe that the reason we dont have Kolb on our roster right now is because ALex Smith is a better quarterback, I am done interacting with you on this board. You clearly have an agenda and dont have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

overreact much? Obviously KOlb would've cost more than Alex but acting like dude is god is just friggin stupid. Chill out with your agenda BS. I was simply stating there was a team that chose Alex over Kolb. If the 9ers thought as highly of Kolb as you do they would've been willing to deal a first for him or some BS like that but they didnt even sniff around the situation. They might've thought Kolb was better or at the least equal but they still chose Alex over him. But yeah, Kolb is such a boss that he lost his job two weeks into the season . BTW I am fine if youre done "interacting" with me on this board, since I dont particularly value your interaction too much anyway.

Overreaction. Maybe. Sorry.

But there are tons of reasons which the Niners chose ALex over Kolb. One of the reasons was NOT because ALex is a better player. Period.

Attempting to compare Kevin Kolb, who played on a very good team for one of the best offensive minds in the NFL to Alex Smith who didn't, is a conversation that will not end well.
Joe Montana, Tom Brady and Manning would love it if teams would blitz them...because they would see it coming a mile away and would burn them...there is a reason why the Saints blitz 18 times in the first half...we got a 7th year QB that doesn't know how to read a D...so it's not all on the oline...
cool story, bro

Was kinda hoping you'd post the pic of the 2 guys bored out of their minds with the caption "Cool story bro" but I' guess I'll have to settle for your text.
Was kinda hoping you'd post the pic of the 2 guys bored out of their minds with the caption "Cool story bro" but I' guess I'll have to settle for your text.
You get this guy and you will like it
You get this guy and you will like it

I will NOT like it! That guy clearly enjoyed my story. In the words of Will Ferrell as Neil Diamond on SNL"I will smack you in the mouth! I'm Neil Diamond"
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
his name is not whammer it is el hebrew hammer.
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Josh will tear it up if he gets a shot! Mark my words dude is a gunslinger!

lol wut