***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

They should move this game to SNF.
Originally posted by susweel:
They should move this game to SNF.

and knock off the Pats vs Jets game? Roger Goodell laughs at you
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
does anyone remember this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xneDY8BJ_M

Michael Strahan is still smarting from that game. You know he won't be able to shut up this Sunday on FOX...until we beat his Giants again.

Strahan looking like he's getting a BJ from his trainer on the sideline waiting for the snap
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 7, 2011 at 11:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
does anyone remember this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xneDY8BJ_M

No, never seen it before. Was it any good, I didn't watch the whole video.

I was there and i don't remember anything
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
RT @klynch49: Frank Gore had X-rays on his left ankle last night and they were negative. Gore said he plans to practice and play vs. Giants.
Sloppy field and a bad ankle for Gore after a total of 50 carries these last two weeks. Not a good mix there. I sense that Gore will be out (or ineffective due to injury) for this game. Niners can and will run, but I expect Hunter and the uber-fresh Boobie Dixon to carry the rushing load. If the field is really sloppy, look for big-back Dixon to become a significant factor in a north-south running game.

Hope that McDonald can return this week. D-line rotation will be important in a low-scoring, field-position game with brutal interior line play. The Niner D's 30-game streak of no 100-yard rusher, will be sorely tested on a sloppy field by Brandon Jacobs.

This will not be a pretty game for skill-position players. But, if you enjoy watching interior line play, you will be in heaven for this one! Mike Iupati makes the Pro Bowl this Sunday, in front of a national TV audience.
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
RT @klynch49: Frank Gore had X-rays on his left ankle last night and they were negative. Gore said he plans to practice and play vs. Giants.

ballgame. they have no chance. start Hunter, infuriate an injured Gore, and watch victory ensue.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Sloppy field and a bad ankle for Gore after a total of 50 carries these last two weeks. Not a good mix there. I sense that Gore will be out (or ineffective due to injury) for this game. Niners can and will run, but I expect Hunter and the uber-fresh Boobie Dixon to carry the rushing load. If the field is really sloppy, look for big-back Dixon to become a significant factor in a north-south running game.

Hope that McDonald can return this week. D-line rotation will be important in a low-scoring, field-position game with brutal interior line play. The Niner D's 30-game streak of no 100-yard rusher, will be sorely tested on a sloppy field by Brandon Jacobs.

This will not be a pretty game for skill-position players. But, if you enjoy watching interior line play, you will be in heaven for this one! Mike Iupati makes the Pro Bowl this Sunday, in front of a national TV audience.

i pretty much agree with this, especially about McDonald's importance, though I think Gore, if healthy enough, will excel in a sloppy field, and I have to lol a little at the bolded.
Anthony Dixon tweeted something about his opportunity is coming soon.

Maybe they plan on giving Gore more rest this next game
Originally posted by valrod33:
Anthony Dixon tweeted something about his opportunity is coming soon.

Maybe they plan on giving Gore more rest this next game

i think they should. he's been getting too many carries. Hunter has been very good, and we need Gore for the playoffs.

Hopefully Boobie will make the most of his chances, and not dance himself out of the job.

#slant rhyme
The 49ers need to close this out!! My in laws are all from Brooklyn and are huge Giants fans. I have convinced my wife to defect (it has taken years) and the 49ers need to win so I can solidify her as a full fledged 49ers fan!! This game is HUGE. I hope you guys out in SanFransisco rock Candlestick this weekend. We'll be cheering our butts off here in New York amongst a hostile crowd. I think we can handle the Giants. They need to run the ball to do well and we can make them one dimentional. I think being physical with the wideouts on the line and looking to make picks will help too. Hopefully we can generate a rush without a blitz. Willis will have his work cut out for him on their tight end. If we can man the TEs with Willis and Bowman we can cover the recievers downfield. This game will be alot like detroit. We might need to open the offense up a bit too.
lol Prince Amakabarakahurabadurala hasn't even played a game yet, he hurt his foot in TC and hasn't been used yet.

He could still be a really good CB, but Culliver in the 3rd is looking like such a better pick right now.
Man, fuk the Giants!!!!
MBachCSN Mindi Bach by mattbarrows

Ray McDonald says he spoke w/ the doctor today & expects to be good to go for practice this week. #49ers

From various Internet locations...

A heavy HEAVY majority of Giants fans are calling this a lock victory because "all they have to do" is contain Gore, and put pressure on Smith "he better be ready for the Giants blitzes"

Guys, I think I actually want this one more than I wanted the Lions game.