LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Count me as one who's worried about this game. The Giants play down to their competition, but when they know who they're facing is good, they bring it. We have to do A LOT of things right to win this game. I'm concerned about our secondary giving up big plays. If Manning has time, he will shred us.

If we can dominate with running the ball, and keep their offense off the field, we will likely win. We need to create turnovers on defense and convert those into touchdowns. Doing so really discourages the opponent. Most of all we must protect Alex. If the Giants manage to stop Gore, we've got to block well enough for him to hit his receivers. I don't want to see him getting hit and sacked relentlessly like Brady was.

We have to cause turnovers. So far Manning has been far more efficient, and has only thrown 6 INTs this year. We need to get him out of rhythm. I trust our run D, so I'm not worried about Bradshaw or Jacobs. On offense, we just need to focus on the running game, and hopefully we open up the playbook a bit to test their corners. I think they will try and stack the box on us, and if we get some quick strikes I feel like we can get some big plays.

I'm very worried about this game, but with the way we've been playing, I feel like we have a good chance to win
im worried to death for staley and davis, they have to deal with tuck, umeniora, kiwanuka and pierre-paul. f**k the lions dline this will be the best dline we will face all yr, the positive is were at home and dont have to deal with the crowd
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
im worried to death for staley and davis, they have to deal with tuck, umeniora, kiwanuka and pierre-paul. f**k the lions dline this will be the best dline we will face all yr, the positive is were at home and dont have to deal with the crowd

yeah, its gonna be very, very tough. VD is going to be in blocking all game. We're going to need Gore to gut out a tough game, but we need Hunter to step up big time too, because I have a feeling Gore will be limited.

This is also the game where we're going to need to get Edwards and Crabs going on quick slants and the like, get them chances to make YAC.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
9ers -3.5

Unofficially

49ers Offense - 26

pass - 30

run - 6

49ers Defense - 9

pass - 22

run - 1

Giants Offense - 11

pass - 6

run - 29

Giants Defense - 19

pass - 17

run - 25

I think stats can be over rated at times. Like for the 49ers, the first three games the niners still finding themselves, with the Giants it was the first four games. I would go more with what have they done in the last 4 games as well as against who. The Giants are a way better team to me than the Browns and Redskins. If the skins were a bloody bar room fight, this one will be a war.
Imo i beleive harbaugh will outcoach coughlin if it comes down to the wire. He will use a mystery player to get a score just like we did with bruce miller. Whos turn is it to shine? Nobody knows and thats the beauty of it. Also teds been pretty quiet lately i think he'll do his part on special teams. Remember desean jackson? Yeah something similar to that. Either way our defense will shake up eli and i say we get some interceptions on crucial drives. Im not saying this will be an easy or pretty win but it never has been for us. Its gonna be a BAR FIGHT!
Looking ahead, looks like it could be damp next Sunday

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/59114:20
And maybe Ginn gets a return or two. We are going to need all facets of the game going to get a win this week.
forecast is for rain all day. Should be a great muddy game.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
If it does rain, the advantage should be ours with fewer passing attempts by both teams. We should grind it out for another low scoring, ugly win over the G-Girls!!!
Originally posted by 49erJim:

advantage: 49ers.

yes, without a doubt, that's an advantage to us. Especially if Gore is able to play.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
It will be advantage me because my seats are under cover

Actually, it could be advantage Niners since we run the ball so well and generally running is easier than passing in bad weather.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by 49erJim:

advantage: 49ers.

I agree, it will slow down the de-lines for both teams, I really can't wait to see how we play their big TE Ballard number 85 had a field day vs the Pats yeaterday. With P-Willy and Bow on him, I like that matchup.
Originally posted by rserda:
Not only that but it will give us an idea of how we might perform in the playoffs against other playoff caliber teams.

People will judge if the niners are for real when we play the Giants, Ravens and Steelers. Forget Detroit, Tampa and all the others, these teams are always near the top and are physical. If we can get 2 of three. Then they will ther 49ers are for real and have arrived. If not, they will say the niners are an emerging team but are not their, that they need a few more pieces.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
We are playing ball control and playing just good enough to win all of our games this year. Akers had four field goals which "could" have been touchdowns. But, I will take the "W" anyday over the stats!
Share 49ersWebzone