There are 168 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Eli will turn the ball over. Especially on a wet field with a fierce pass rush.

Alex won't.

Niners win.
Originally posted by oregonniner:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I find it hard to believe that this Giant team managed to lose to the Seahawks

they also lost to the Redskins, and almost lost to the Dolphins.

Very Jekyll and Hyde team, those Gmen. We can DO this... just gotta frighten that QB of theirs and get him brain-panicking into mistakes.

How does a team like that turn around and beat New England in their house.

that's why their a "jekyll and hyde" team.

the fact is though that we'll probably get the Dr. Jekyll team, the one that played New England, and not the Mr. Hyde team that lost to a horrible Seahawks team.
The Giants just had a big emotional win and are traveling across the country. We can stop their run game but can we stop their 2nd, 3rd and 4th wide receiver option down field while taking out their TE's. 50-50 chance on this game.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
When it comes to trying to figure out the 49ers I'm sick of hearing "Niners are going to have to start passing sooner or later to keep up with these high powered offenses..."

When in reality, these "high powered offenses" are more often forced into shootouts because their defense sucks major balls.

49ers will not allow shootouts, and they will keep proving that from week to week. IMO, these high-powered offenses (GB, NE, etc) will eventually get shut down, sooner or later.

Anyone see the Packers/Chargers game yesterday? Green Bay is lucky Rivers threw multiple pick 6s, and yet SD still scored like 30+ pts.

I second this! I was hoping for a Chargers win which they would have had Rivers didn't throw those 2 INT's. Everyone says GB defense is top notch, but SD scored 38 on them. GB isn't going to be undefeated for long. I'm not saying we'll beat them but someone's defense will give Rodgers problems. I just want them to lose a couple for seeding purposes...
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
We can win if our DL can pressure Manning and run the ball effectively. I think is suppose to rain Sunday also so the deep balls might not be much of a factor.
A few points on why I believe the 49ers matchup with the Giants pretty well:

1. Obviously, the running game is our bread & butter on offense. The Giants' defense has allowed 145+ yards on the ground in 5 of their last 6 games. The Niners must take advantage of this.

2. The strength of the Giant's defense is the pass rush. As long as we can run the ball on the 25th ranked run D, we can continue to attempt only 20-25 passes, thus limiting their pass rush opportunities. This is critical, as the Giants generate a lot of turnovers due to their pass rush. Protecting the football is key, and we have done a great job at that.

3. The Giants offense will be 1 dimensional. They only average 3.3 yards per rushing attempt, so there is no way in hell they are gonna run on us. The 49ers secondary has been lit up on 2 occasions this year (Cowboys, Eagles) but have really tightened things up since then. This game will be a huge test against an elite QB. It's very important we don't go down 2 scores early.

4. The Giants use a lot of 3 WR sets on offense. This means we should see more of Aldon Smith, who has been lighting it up in the nickel defense package.

5. The Giants are banged up. Hakeem Nicks, Ahmad Bradshaw, & David Baas are all nursing injuries. Their status for this game is in question.

I'm not saying this is gonna be easy, because it's not. This a good team that just beat the Patriots on the road. I think the 49ers are the better, more complete football team. Our offense is built to beat their defense. Our defense is the toughest they will play all season. We are at home. This could determine who gets a bye in the playoffs. Time to put or shut up. Niners win 24-21.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:52 PM ]
Whats the deal with Spencer? Hurt our just not good enough cuz I think t. Brown is killing our secondary
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Whats the deal with Spencer? Hurt our just not good enough cuz I think t. Brown is killing our secondary

not hurt
we need to beat this team like a drum. And we will. Our DE-FENSE is going to kick some a$$ on Sunday. Gore, Hunter or Dixon will have a field day running the ball in mudd and Alex Smith will make zero turnovers and control a offense that runs the ball and takes what the other teams defense gives us. 49ers need to win this game and win big.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
A few points on why I believe the 49ers matchup with the Giants pretty well:

1. Obviously, the running game is our bread & butter on offense. The Giants' defense has allowed 145+ yards on the ground in 5 of their last 6 games. The Niners must take advantage of this.

2. The strength of the Giant's defense is the pass rush. As long as we can run the ball on the 25th ranked run D, we can continue to attempt only 20-25 passes, thus limiting their pass rush opportunities. This is critical, as the Giants generate a lot of turnovers due to their pass rush. Protecting the football is key, and we have done a great job at that.

3. The Giants offense will be 1 dimensional. They only average 3.3 yards per rushing attempt, so there is no way in hell they are gonna run on us. The 49ers secondary has been lit up on 2 occasions this year (Cowboys, Eagles) but have really tightened things up since then. This game will be a huge test against an elite QB. It's very important we don't go down 2 scores early.

4. The Giants use a lot of 3 WR sets on offense. This means we should see more of Aldon Smith, who has been lighting it up in the nickel defense package.

5. The Giants are banged up. Hakeem Nicks, Ahmad Bradshaw, & David Baas are all nursing injuries. Their status for this game is in question.

I'm not saying this is gonna be easy, because it's not. This a good team that just beat the Patriots on the road. I think the 49ers are the better, more complete football team. Our offense is built to beat their defense. Our defense is the toughest they will play all season. We are at home. This could determine who gets a bye in the playoffs. Time to put or shut up. Niners win 24-21.

Great points. I think we have a 60-40 chance of beatng the Giants.

will Ray Mac be back? I don't wanna see Ricky Jean out there again.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

yes
Originally posted by jreff22:
yes

Originally posted by jreff22:

yes

Yes, he was cleared to start practicing. We get him back.

dude gets zero pressure on the qb...need ray mac back baaaddd
Share 49ersWebzone