LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
will Ray Mac be back? I don't wanna see Ricky Jean out there again.

dude gets zero pressure on the qb...need ray mac back baaaddd
Ricky is a NT anyways. Just a filler while Ray was hurt.
I'm loving all this press Eli is getting. Everyone talking about how clutch and elite he is. It just takes the pressure off us and puts it on his shoulders.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'm loving all this press Eli is getting. Everyone talking about how clutch and elite he is. It just takes the pressure off us and puts it on his shoulders.

You can't spell Elite without Eli lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

cant spell Deli either

He's on my fantasy team so I've been following him this year. He's played fairly well for 3 quarters then he hits another gear in the forth. He's probably the best QB we will face this year (either him or Big Ben). This will be a huge test for our offense, because we all know our secondary is suspect and they're a pass-happy team.

I would say we are going to need 28 pts to beat them, which isn't impossible, but it's going to require a pretty flawlessly executed game.

The crowd can be a big factor here. Let's rock the 'Stick!!! Make the 3rd and 8s feel like 3rd and 13s!!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

cant spell Deli either

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

He's on my fantasy team so I've been following him this year. He's played fairly well for 3 quarters then he hits another gear in the forth. He's probably the best QB we will face this year (either him or Big Ben). This will be a huge test for our offense, because we all know our secondary is suspect and they're a pass-happy team.

I would say we are going to need 28 pts to beat them, which isn't impossible, but it's going to require a pretty flawlessly executed game.

The crowd can be a big factor here. Let's rock the 'Stick!!! Make the 3rd and 8s feel like 3rd and 13s!!!

Lot's of noise would be great, hopefully we can get constant pressure and he just bones it and thurns the ball over, I've been following too, you are right, he will be the best QB we've faced so far this season to this point, I just hope we're prepared, this is a HUGE game for us 6-2 @ 7-1, we need to make that next step to prove this team can contend in the playoffs, and this game is it right here.
The good thing about this game is, we will control the clock with our run game, which will help keep Eli from getting into a groove as well as giving him time to develop drives.
Originally posted by King49er:
Lot's of noise would be great, hopefully we can get constant pressure and he just bones it and thurns the ball over, I've been following too, you are right, he will be the best QB we've faced so far this season to this point, I just hope we're prepared, this is a HUGE game for us 6-2 @ 7-1, we need to make that next step to prove this team can contend in the playoffs, and this game is it right here.

The only thing about that is, we don't ever seem to blitz?... Even against the Skins we had next to no pressure on Beck.
I assume that's why our run defense is so good.
Originally posted by JayDAche:

The only thing about that is, we don't ever seem to blitz?... Even against the Skins we had next to no pressure on Beck.

we rarely blitz because usually we can get pressure with 4 guys. we didn't get pressure against the skins because Ray McDonald was out and he's an important part of the rush.

Originally posted by HessianDud:

we rarely blitz because usually we can get pressure with 4 guys. we didn't get pressure against the skins because Ray McDonald was out and he's an important part of the rush.

I'd say we got pressure, just didn't get sacks from it.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

yes, you're right. Aldon was up in Beck's face several times. They got embarrassed giving up sacks the week before and did a lot to correct it, I think, but we didn't get the kind of collapsing, inescapable pressure that McDonald helps bring. Dude's a beast.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

your both right, Ray McDonald missing hurt us getting added pressure, no offense to RJF, but he's no Ray, also, we did manage to get a push against Beck and we forced him to make a lot of terrible throws. Eli will be no different, we just need to put him on the ground as much as possible and shake him up, mostly, we need to turn those FG's we've been booting into TD's, and this is the game where we better hope that happens.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
This is going to be a telling game with national attention -- a true test. The 49ers are going to be tested by a really good pass rush, pretty good defense. They can't come out and look offensively inept or anemic in this game! On defense, Eli will test the secondary and they have a pretty good Oline.

1. I expect the 9ers offense to try to establish the run and then go play action a lot to slow down the pass rush.
2. As for offensive wrinkles, I expect to see the screen game appear for the first time.
3. For defense, to get to Eli, look for Fangio to send some new blitzes -- corners and safeties even.

I expect this to be a low scoring game. If the 9ers win, the national audience will believe the 9ers are legit. If we play them very close, 9ers still get a lot of credibility. If we fall flat and look inept, the 7-1 record will be called a mirage -- which will only encourage the other NFC West team to try and upstage us at the end of the season. This is a HUGE confidence game.

Great Post, agree 100%

Statement game it is. A win here sends all that "they're playing in an easy division" crap out the window. We're for real...

like 4real 4real
I was more scared about Washington than the NY Giants. We're going to f**k them up.
Share 49ersWebzone