There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Peyton coming?

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.

As much as I liked the Spillman signing (and Brooks) I wonder what the psychological impact is to the remaining FAs? You gotta think Morgan is like, " They gave Spillman how much? they at least need to pay me X then!!"

it certainly does have a ripple effect. the team is also showing where its priorities lie and how they value players, at least, so thankfully we know they aren't just willy-nilly tossing money at whoever will sign first.

I imagine Morgan will test the market and, like Goldson last year, find that, in a crowded market (and WR is extremely crowded this year), we value him more than other teams. He might come back on just a one year contract but that will buy us some more time to settle our WR corps.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.

An oak tree maybe?

A crabtree perhaps?
he owes the niners for being injured all last season and still getting paid... he better not leave.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

An oak tree maybe?

you can't kill something that's not alive.

trees live dude
Originally posted by ImaMod:

An oak tree maybe?

trees live dude

you're crazy. i like you, but you're crazy.

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

I hope that Morgan resigns. It has a ripple effect on or WR corps; with Morgan being one of Crabtree's best friends, him being on the team will be a factor in some way regarding Crabs extending his career with us.

Morgan is a good player. I think he has the potential to be a 1000 yd receiver. But we still need that number 1 also
Ya no way he doesn't re-sign. He'll be cheap, should be no issues.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

An oak tree maybe?

trees live dude

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I hope that Morgan resigns. It has a ripple effect on or WR corps; with Morgan being one of Crabtree's best friends, him being on the team will be a factor in some way regarding Crabs extending his career with us.

Morgan is a good player. I think he has the potential to be a 1000 yd receiver. But we still need that number 1 also
Not challenging you, but where did you hear/read that?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

He'll never become a 1000 yard receiver unless Crabtree becomes that #1
I think Morgan is back. He to me is a 2.5M a yr guy MAX. If someone, which I dont see it happening, offers him 5M a yr, he can take it and leave. He may have potential, but he hasn't shown much in 4 seasons, yes he was on track in 2011 before the injury, but before that he wasnt a big target. I would go max 2.5M a yr for 2 or 3 years. I wouldn't give him a bunch of bonus money.
He is a 2000 yard receiver...but we still need that #1.

An oak tree maybe?

trees live dude

Trees have more life then my drug addict roommate.