Please.................. Sign him.
what are they talking about?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.

An oak tree maybe?

you can't kill something that's not alive.

trees live dude

Trees have more life then my drug addict roommate.

but i bet your roommate has more fun.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I think Morgan is back. He to me is a 2.5M a yr guy MAX. If someone, which I dont see it happening, offers him 5M a yr, he can take it and leave. He may have potential, but he hasn't shown much in 4 seasons, yes he was on track in 2011 before the injury, but before that he wasnt a big target. I would go max 2.5M a yr for 2 or 3 years. I wouldn't give him a bunch of bonus money.

I agree.... 2.5 sounds about right... 2 million on the low. I don't see him signing for any less than 2/year. The term sounds good to... would maybe go like 4 years, 10 million but 3 years, 7.5 million sounds good... maybe 2 years 5 million...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM ]
Hi and his agent are just pushing it closer to the start of freeagency to see if the Niners will budge a bit i sure. I fully expect him to sign just before the start of FA.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think Morgan is back. He to me is a 2.5M a yr guy MAX. If someone, which I dont see it happening, offers him 5M a yr, he can take it and leave. He may have potential, but he hasn't shown much in 4 seasons, yes he was on track in 2011 before the injury, but before that he wasnt a big target. I would go max 2.5M a yr for 2 or 3 years. I wouldn't give him a bunch of bonus money.

I agree.... 2.5 sounds about right... 2 million on the low. I don't see him signing for any less than 2/year. The term sounds good to... would maybe go like 4 years, 10 million but 3 years, 7.5 million sounds good... maybe 2 years 5 million...

I'm fine with a 4yr 10M deal, 3yr 7.5M is fine too. 2M at least is what he probably wants, I like said cant see him getting a huge offer, I think he is back. Hoping we hear something this week about Our other FAs like Rogers and Costanzo, Goldson says he likely to be tagged he feels according to CSNBayArea.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I'm fine with a 4yr 10M deal, 3yr 7.5M is fine too. 2M at least is what he probably wants, I like said cant see him getting a huge offer, I think he is back. Hoping we hear something this week about Our other FAs like Rogers and Costanzo, Goldson says he likely to be tagged he feels according to CSNBayArea.

link about Goldson? If he's cool with being tagged that's awesome.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I aint even worried about a Josh Morgans.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I want the guy back... but at a very cheap price, he's not worth anything really & is still unproven. Hope it can work out for both sides
we need Morgan back!

link about Goldson? If he's cool with being tagged that's awesome.

PM'd you the link but here is another one as well

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Goldson-hires-agency-with-history-of-49e?blockID=660708&feedID=5884

Goldson recently fired agent Drew Rosenhaus and hired CAA Football to serve as his representation, a source close to Goldson told CSNBayArea.com on Wednesday.

Ben Dogra and Tom Condon are among CAA's top agents. The agency also represents key 49ers players Alex Smith, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Ray McDonald, Jonathan Goodwin and Donte Whitner.

The professional relationship between CAA and the 49ers could bode well for the possibility the sides can strike a long-term deal with Goldson. But it might be difficult for an agreement to take place before March 5, the deadline for teams to place the franchise tag on a scheduled free agent.

Goldson was an unrestricted free agent last year, too. Multiple sources told CSNBayArea.com that the 49ers offered a five-year, $25 million deal. But sources say Rosenhaus assured Goldson that he could get him the kind of contract the San Diego Chargers awarded safety Eric Weddle: five years, $40 million.

After a couple weeks of free agency, Rosenhaus sent an email to every NFL team to inform them that Goldson's demands had lowered and he would sign a one-year deal for "approximately $3 million." Three days later, Goldson returned to the 49ers on a one-year, $2 million contract.
Originally posted by Paul:
I want the guy back... but at a very cheap price, he's not worth anything really & is still unproven. Hope it can work out for both sides

He's got James Jones type numbers so I'd expect a 2011 James Jones type of contract . . . . 3 years / $9.5 Million or something close would be a fair offer.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I hope that Morgan resigns. It has a ripple effect on or WR corps; with Morgan being one of Crabtree's best friends, him being on the team will be a factor in some way regarding Crabs extending his career with us.

Morgan is a good player. I think he has the potential to be a 1000 yd receiver. But we still need that number 1 also
Not challenging you, but where did you hear/read that?

Pretty sure it was a direct tweet from Crabs when he visited Morgan in the hospital from the injury.
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.

An oak tree maybe?

A crabtree perhaps?

lol
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I hope that Morgan resigns. It has a ripple effect on or WR corps; with Morgan being one of Crabtree's best friends, him being on the team will be a factor in some way regarding Crabs extending his career with us.

Morgan is a good player. I think he has the potential to be a 1000 yd receiver. But we still need that number 1 also
Not challenging you, but where did you hear/read that?

Pretty sure it was a direct tweet from Crabs when he visited Morgan in the hospital from the injury.

nice.
Share 49ersWebzone