There are 312 users in the forums

Peyton coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I hope that Morgan resigns. It has a ripple effect on or WR corps; with Morgan being one of Crabtree's best friends, him being on the team will be a factor in some way regarding Crabs extending his career with us.

Morgan is a good player. I think he has the potential to be a 1000 yd receiver. But we still need that number 1 also
even if that is true about the best friends thing,, that means nothing, norris is gores best friend and he will soon be leaving on a jet plane out of here. best friends on a team are like your favorite player on a team. over rated. if morgan is here i am fine , if he is not i will not slash my wrists as i am sure the coaches have a plan and I am a willing rat ok with following our pied piper coach
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we need Morgan back!

This. Pretty sure he wants to be back with the team.
Don't want
Originally posted by cciowa:
I hope that Morgan resigns. It has a ripple effect on or WR corps; with Morgan being one of Crabtree's best friends, him being on the team will be a factor in some way regarding Crabs extending his career with us.

Morgan is a good player. I think he has the potential to be a 1000 yd receiver. But we still need that number 1 also
even if that is true about the best friends thing,, that means nothing, norris is gores best friend and he will soon be leaving on a jet plane out of here. best friends on a team are like your favorite player on a team. over rated. if morgan is here i am fine , if he is not i will not slash my wrists as i am sure the coaches have a plan and I am a willing rat ok with following our pied piper coach

I want him back, but if it is too much he wants, then let him walk, i wont lose any sleep worrying if we lose him, now Rogers, yep, we need him re-signed, we have no #1 CB if he leaves. I like Culliver and Brown, but Rogers solidifies the CB position, add in another CB via Draft, and we have a solid CB group, with Holcomb, Nelms and Brock looking at the 5th and maybe 6th CB spots.
Morgan should come cheap. He had a 4 years 1.8 mil contract. Coming off an injury year he has no leverage. Even another 4 years 4 mil contract seems reasonable. But nothing more. Double the money with recognition of his upswing potential.
Originally posted by Paul:
I want the guy back... but at a very cheap price, he's not worth anything really & is still unproven. Hope it can work out for both sides

your wrong, he is proven and he is clutch
Originally posted by cciowa:

I agree for a mans overall decision on what's best for himself, but if Crabs sees the 49ers taking care of the receiver position and Crabs enjoys his teammates, it will speak volumes as to what Crabs needs to do when his contract is up.

I personally don't want to lose Crabtree to another team
i want him back, he's way better than crabtree
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

QFT
Hope to have him back plus add some WR's through FA/Draft so KW can GTFO

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

disagree. I hope he returns though.
Morgan's greatest value is in his rapport with Smith. He and Vernon have high career stats (QBR) with Smith and that will help with chemistry next year. If they bring in another vet and Morgan slips to the third or fourth spot depth will be so much better. If he earns one of the top two spots at least he seems to be in sync with Smith. My main concern with WR right now is depth. It would be great if the 3rd and 4th guys were really competitive with the first two...less of a drop off when an injury occurs.
My inside sources are telling me that Morgan is going to test free agency and would like to play for an east coast team since he's from D.C.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
My inside sources are telling me that Morgan is going to test free agency and would like to play for an east coast team since he's from D.C.

So why is he even bother to work out at Niners facility these days.... DC street hookers are not NFL inside sources. Stop spending time with them
Share 49ersWebzone