There are 193 users in the forums

Anyone think Josh Morgan can breakout this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
I am sure Morgan will breakout with Crabs this season.

lulz
In this offense, if he is starting- he will catch maybe 50-60 passes at best. I see VD and Edwards being the main targets of the QB. He is a better blocker than Crabtree. People are assuming that this WCO means more passing. JH will feature more running, but he will give you looks so that you won't know how and when and where. It is however up to the QB to sustain and finish off the drive. Can't like what happened against the Raiders-3 points-or miss.
If Morgan "breaks out", I think it'll be a result of the system and not so much his ability. As a previous poster has indicated, I believe he may have peaked already. Not particularly fast or quick, and ok hands; not to mention underdelivering on the promise we all saw a couple of years ago. I just like several others on the roster a bit better at this point. But, as Singleberry was always quick to point out, he's a good blocker. WOW!
Originally posted by Joecool:
He will do great in the slot. He's like Battle and he has shown to make the first guy miss and be difficult to bring down. Honestly, I think Craps is going to be the weakest link and won't be surprised if we see Ginn at the other WR spot.

I am not sold on Ginn as a receiver, he has terrible hands.
He pretty much did have a breakout year.

Played in only five games and is still tied for 4th in most receiving yards on the team this year.

Crabtree-- 874
Davis-- 792
Williams-- 241
Ginn-- 220
Morgan-- 220

and he led the team in YPR (14.7) among players who had more than one catch.

now, he's had better statistical years, obviously, in years he played most of the season. but the fact remains that he was a big part of this offense and we will never know how much better this offense would have been with him this season.

here's hoping he continues his recovery and comes back strong next year.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Played in only five games and is still tied for 4th in most receiving yards on the team this year.

Crabtree-- 874
Davis-- 792
Williams-- 241
Ginn-- 220
Morgan-- 220

now, he's had better statistical years, obviously, in years he played most of the season. but the fact remains that he was a big part of this offense and we will never know how much better this offense would have been with him this season.

something ive always noticed and liked about him is that he punishes whichever cornerback is coming to get him.

Crabtree-- 874
Davis-- 792
Williams-- 241
Ginn-- 220
Morgan-- 220

Really was bumed to see him go down. Not only was he having a breakout year, he actually started to look like a dominant WRs. I still think we need to find a real home run hitter in the offseason, but if we can, Crabs, Morgan and the FA/Draft pick would be a nice 3 wr set (not to mention Williams in the slot).
The only thing that broke out this season was his leg lulz
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

LULZ
Sure he can...he and Alex already have good chemistry between them. He was off to a very good start when he got hurt. I saw a post comparing him to Cedrick Wilson...wow, that's really a stretch. Josh has more speed, size and ability than Wilson ever had. Why do you think Harbaugh told him he's going to make sure he comes back next season...if that's not a vote of confidence, I don't know what is.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Crabtree-- 874
Davis-- 792
Williams-- 241
Ginn-- 220
Morgan-- 220

Really was bumed to see him go down. Not only was he having a breakout year, he actually started to look like a dominant WRs. I still think we need to find a real home run hitter in the offseason, but if we can, Crabs, Morgan and the FA/Draft pick would be a nice 3 wr set (not to mention Williams in the slot).

i agree. getting Morgan back and basically exchanging Edwards for a similar type of player that is younger and not hurt and doesn't suck will make our WR's pretty dangerous.
Anyone ready to admit Josh Morgan is better than Eddie Royal?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Anyone ready to admit Josh Morgan is better than Eddie Royal?

i would have admitted this a long time ago. We have got to resign him and i think he is pretty much set on spending as much of his career as a niner as he can. Next year we can have one of the best receiving corps with the addition of a tall red zone target via draft or FA.
Will Josh Morgan is going play this sat? Let me know.. We need him our team for games vs saints on sat!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

wow
Share 49ersWebzone