LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Anyone think Josh Morgan can breakout this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by KennyBoiiii:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Ok, so I've never been much of a Morgan fan. I never thought he was very good, but after the news of hearing about Crabtree's 'injury', I've been getting hopeful and curious about Morgan's future with the Niners. I've always defended Crabs in the past, and I still hope he turns out good for us, but 3 straight years no preseason is bulls**t, we don't need a player with his work ethic. I know there's Morgan fans on the Zone, so what do you all think?

how is it bulls**t, hes injured

A walking boot isn't an excuse for not playing apparently. I think some fans forget that teams have doctors to verify a players health before they put him on the PUP and put a boot on his foot.

are those damn xrays lying again?

Crabtree is such a diva he penciled a fracture into his xray when the doctor wasnt looking
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Will Josh Morgan breakout? No and here's why.

He wants the ball but he's slowwwww and has average hands. He doesn't get decent seperation from Def backs. The starters will be Crabtree and Edwards. Morgan will be in on 3-wide but I dont know how much he'll do. I think Vernon has his best year.

He is slow, but I've always thought he had pretty good hands.

Who's slow! Morgan? He ran like a 4.47. I mean that's not a 4.38 but it's not like he's slow, he's a long strider you can see that. If he shortend his steps he would improve, but he's other wise faster then crabtree and i think he be effective in the slot more then any other wr on the team!

I don't think he could shorten his step. It's not really his fault, some people are just long striders. He's not ideal to play in the slot, a slot guy is usually someone who is shifty and elusive and doesn't necessarily have to be a burner.

Which is why i think morgan would be good, he's not really a burner, but he's good at route running and good at getting open and he does that knee catch crap to save alex all day long anyways!! Really we don't have a guy like that, maybe Jurovich or kyle williams for the slot! Still one of the funniest josh morgan moments, i've ever read about an alex smith pass. Why didn't you catch it son! Well coach it came down like a punt!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Aug 5, 2011 at 1:53 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Morgan's job as #2 is clearly getting targeted by the Edwards signing. Just like what is going on with Mays on the defensive side, our receiving corp is getting retooled. Unless Braylon falls on his face and/or Crabs is out for the whole season there is no way Morgan has a more then a 40 catch year. Remember Harbaugh wants to the TE's extensively and last year Crabs had 60 catches, Morgan 60 catches, and VD 60 catches. If Braylon is going to get targeted enough to get anywhere near 80+ catches and VD is going to have just as productive of a year as the last 2 then the catches have to get taken away from somebody and it starts with Morgan and Ginn.

Bottom line we need to be hoping for a breakout year from Crabtree should be healthy on week 1 and then a breakout year for Braylon -- I couldn't care any less about Morgan and his alligator arms. Ginn and Morgan and Williams should battle it out for the #3 slot. Also Lance Long and Kevin Jurovich have shown a lot of promise and willingness to invest in the 9ers during the lockout so don't be surprised to see our WO group have either of their names in it on game day.
That was a sweet play by Capt.Morgan last night.

One of the hightlights of the game.
Been rockin my Morgan jersey for 2 years now. Still waiting for the "breakout" year. But I'm very optimistic now with JH
  • evil
  • Veteran
Crabtree has no work ethic, Morgan has no desire...we have some creative minds here.
I love Joshua Morgan. Have followed him since Tech. The big catch yesterday was great but ideally Morgan is going to be a legitmate and dangerous #3 who can play #2 at times. I would like to see us uncrowd the WR corps. It seems like we have lots of potential that has a hard time developing. Edwards and Crabtree are the 1 and 2. Then Morgan and Ginn seem like good #3s and once again guys like lance long are very intriguing but they really are just all taking reps from eachother.
it might be hard for a "breakout" year now that we have Edwards. i still think he is a solid #2. with good QB play he could get around 700 yds this year as a #3. i am very optimistic about him
Which is why i think morgan would be good, he's not really a burner, but he's good at route running and good at getting open and he does that knee catch crap to save alex all day long anyways!! Really we don't have a guy like that, maybe Jurovich or kyle williams for the slot! Still one of the funniest josh morgan moments, i've ever read about an alex smith pass. Why didn't you catch it son! Well coach it came down like a punt!

That was a Shaun Hill pass. Not Alex Smith.
Originally posted by Gelder:

That was a Shaun Hill pass. Not Alex Smith.

Funny. I remember that. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems like Morgan will be a good #2. And if he play smartly will be a good,dependable receiver for our qb to go to. Mike Sherrard, Ed McCaffery type

Great teammate, ok player. When is his contract up?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Funny. I remember that. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems like Morgan will be a good #2. And if he play smartly will be a good,dependable receiver for our qb to go to. Mike Sherrard, Ed McCaffery type

Thank you for making the first non-racially based player comparison in history!
Please change the tile to JOSHUA. Thats his name.
Morgan will benefit from Crabtree, Braylon and VD being on the field at any given time. i think he will be a beast in the slot position. our inside game is gonna be nasty. crabs and braylon have great moves and VD scares the hell out of LBs and safeties, that leaves morgan to thrive on lesser players.
no, he works hard and has the heart but he doesn't have the athletic ability to be a true stud in the NFL

but I would love to have his contract extended because he is reliable and has 0 personality issues
Share 49ersWebzone