There are 150 users in the forums

Anyone think Josh Morgan can breakout this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To me, Morgans talents are equivalent to Aranz Battle. Solid player but that's about it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
He's where he belongs now.

1. Crabtree
2. Edwards
3. Morgan

Morgan in the slot will be huge because he IS a solid WR..just shouldn't be up there w/ Crabtree/Edwards. Moving him into slot will be huge because defenses know we have Crabtree...and Edwards....and Davis.....and Gore...but wait..who is that guy NOBODY is covering? Josh Morgan. Should have a solid season as usual.

I am very excited for the offense this season.
I am sure Morgan will breakout with Crabs this season.
I like Joshua Morgan, but wonder if he has peaked already. He is not a burner and is not super quick either. I would prefer to see what Kyle Williams can do as the slot receiver. The slot receiver needs to be quick and I've read that Williams is by far the quickest.
I like what I'm seeing so far, Morgan will be effective as a slot receiver in addition to running the quick slant, he is a big body and Harbaugh get the most out of him, something Jimmy Raye couldnt do
I think just by having Braylon on the team, morgan is going to catch fire, have a fire lit under him, and turn into the receiver we all hoped he would become. First, braylon is competition for morgan, and 2nd, braylon is a model for morgan. Bottom line: morgan gets a lot better because of two guys: Braylon and JH. Watch JH make morgan a much better WR. GReat? i don't know about that, but much better is fine with me.
interesting that maiocco says morgan is one of the players that doesn't know where he stands with the new coaching staff. That would definitely be a surprise cut. But I don't think morgan has a huge year, not with the other receivers on the team.
If he makes the team, MM has him on the bubble! With Crabtree's lazy route running, and poor work ethic. I would keep Josh around. I think Edwards, Crabtree, and Morgan make up a legit WR trio. I think Josh would do well opposite Edwards, as a starter, but I know Crabs will start, when he puts down the dive tiara, takes off his boot and says he is ready.
I think we should try Philip Adams at WR. Dude seems like he would be an awesome slot jitterbug type of WR.

Joe C if you are talking about a Wes Welker type, i wondered that myself. One thing on WRs: Craps is penciled in as #1, and if he doesn't get his schidt together he may end up # 3 ...or traded if a great CB was available. My unprofessional appraisal of craps: lazy, turns it off and of, and not a team player. I just wonder if he is still here next yr. JH will have a lot to do with that, and if he can get into craps head, make him run exact routes, look for the ball, adapt in blown plays, etc, then Craps can become the player he already should be. Just an opinion, but he looks like he dogs it sometimes...except for the one catch that stole the championship from my Longhorns. He reminds me of a great college player who got to the bigs, and then just kind of put it on cruise control. The half season holdout didn't endear him to me or other 9er fans either.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Joe C if you are talking about a Wes Welker type, i wondered that myself. One thing on WRs: Craps is penciled in as #1, and if he doesn't get his schidt together he may end up # 3 ...or traded if a great CB was available. My unprofessional appraisal of craps: lazy, turns it off and of, and not a team player. I just wonder if he is still here next yr. JH will have a lot to do with that, and if he can get into craps head, make him run exact routes, look for the ball, adapt in blown plays, etc, then Craps can become the player he already should be. Just an opinion, but he looks like he dogs it sometimes...except for the one catch that stole the championship from my Longhorns. He reminds me of a great college player who got to the bigs, and then just kind of put it on cruise control. The half season holdout didn't endear him to me or other 9er fans either.
He will have to buy into the system or Harbaugh will ship him out. He will not find a system that plays better to his strengths than the WCO. I personally do not see any diva in him, I think he is just dealing with a recurring injury, which really concerns me more than his behavior. Having he and Edwards as our starting wideouts is a big upgrade over anything we have put out there since the Rice/Owens combo.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
He will have to buy into the system or Harbaugh will ship him out. He will not find a system that plays better to his strengths than the WCO. I personally do not see any diva in him, I think he is just dealing with a recurring injury, which really concerns me more than his behavior. Having he and Edwards as our starting wideouts is a big upgrade over anything we have put out there since the Rice/Owens combo.

I'm not sold on Craps either. Not his ability but his effort. Adams is already a skilled player and has shown ability in his kick returns. Not saying he should be on offense but the league today, the small shifty receivers are excelling. Walsh never desired these receivers and had a lot of success without them, but Rice, Taylor, and Owens were faster than most. We don't really have that type of speed with any of our receivers...maybe Braylon. Ginn has the speed but he doesn't have the size.

We will see our TE's racking up the stats this year with Braylon being the spread defense guy and Morgan acting as the safety "TE" Brent Jones type. It's kind of a backwards offense to the Walsh in terms of production.
Josh Morgan has nice size and seems to be always open, great zone reader and will adjust route to get open. Great hands in short to mid range and decent YAC moves to get the first. Seems to lose himself if he isn't involved early and will disappear on you. Below average hands when running full speed or fighting for ball deep down field. Having joshua and crabtree both short yard WR's has hurt the offense!! Joshua has been placed in the slot and given the green light to find the holes in defenses and try to take advantage. If he cannot turn short yard throws into big gains he will not be resigned next year.
Originally posted by foundone:
Josh Morgan has nice size and seems to be always open, great zone reader and will adjust route to get open. Great hands in short to mid range and decent YAC moves to get the first. Seems to lose himself if he isn't involved early and will disappear on you. Below average hands when running full speed or fighting for ball deep down field. Having joshua and crabtree both short yard WR's has hurt the offense!! Joshua has been placed in the slot and given the green light to find the holes in defenses and try to take advantage. If he cannot turn short yard throws into big gains he will not be resigned next year.

He will do great in the slot. He's like Battle and he has shown to make the first guy miss and be difficult to bring down. Honestly, I think Craps is going to be the weakest link and won't be surprised if we see Ginn at the other WR spot.
Share 49ersWebzone