LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Kaepernick should see time with first team offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
For one Alex Smith is playing well so why bench him for a rookie QB who needs to sit on the bench?

Who said anything about benching him? As long as the wins keep rolling it, f**k it. Let him play.

Behind that line, it won't be long though.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Who said anything about benching him? As long as the wins keep rolling it, f**k it. Let him play.

So you're just hoping that he gets hurt so Kaepernick can get some "experience"

I don't wish any ill will against anyone. If Kap gets in there and tears it up though......

I don't wish any ill will against anyone. If Kap gets in there and tears it up though......

Don't count on Kaepernick tearing anything up.

Lol and who told you that, his momma?

No the fact that he was extremely raw coming out of college, showed that he is inaccurate, holds on to the ball to long, gets spooked easily shuts down and reverts to trying to be a RB and the fact that He flat out isn't any good right now.

No the fact that he was extremely raw coming out of college, showed that he is inaccurate, holds on to the ball to long, gets spooked easily shuts down and reverts to trying to be a RB and the fact that He flat out isn't any good right now.

College scouting reports and practice issues are hit and miss. Does the possibility that he could potentially come into a real game situation and succeed scare you? Or are you simply not trying to get your hopes up?

College scouting reports and practice issues are hit and miss. Does the possibility that he could potentially come into a real game situation and succeed scare you? Or are you simply not trying to get your hopes up?

Does it scare me? lol yea I'm so scared hahaha wtf kind of question is that? No I'm not scared. Would it be great if Kaepernick came in and performed well if Alex Smith were to get injured, is it likely? No. If Kaepernick comes in expect a huge drop off in an already stagnant offense.

Oh and it's called being realistic.
[ Edited by backontop on Sep 26, 2011 at 4:06 AM ]
kaepernick should get some looks in the wildcat

Does it scare me? lol yea I'm so scared hahaha wtf kind of question is that? No I'm not scared. Would it be great if Kaepernick came in and performed well if Alex Smith were to get injured, is it likely? No. If Kaepernick comes in expect a huge drop off in an already stagnant offense.

Oh and it's called being realistic.

Reality is Alex Smith. Alex Smith is not winning games on his own, he's playing barely well enough not to lose. Imagine just for a second the possibility of having a play making quarterback who can win games on his own. That, combined with the talent already established....and suddenly you have bonafide contenders in San Francisco.

Smith will never be that guy. Kap, Tolzien? Maybe. Guess we won't know till we know. Still you have to at least acknowledge the possibility that it could happen.

Reality is Alex Smith. Alex Smith is not winning games on his own, he's playing barely well enough not to lose. Imagine just for a second the possibility of having a play making quarterback who can win games on his own. That, combined with the talent already established....and suddenly you have bonafide contenders in San Francisco.

Smith will never be that guy. Kap, Tolzien? Maybe. Guess we won't know till we know. Still you have to at least acknowledge the possibility that it could happen.

Do you not realize that Smith is the only way we are winning? No other part of the offense is doing jack right now. The defense and Smith are the reasons we are 2-1 so far this year. If you want to whine about something, how about the offensive line? That is the limiting factor to our team this year, if it doesn't get straight, we are in deep trouble. We are one Alex Smith injury from being in for another season down the drain.

Wait... Are you talking about Kap or Smith?
Why can't we just wait out this season.Let Kap learn slowly like most NFL teams would like to do for future QB's.Atleast we are winning our division.I know many here don't like Smith's play but not to the expense of messing with Kaps head with the way our oline is playing.
Not as long as we have a winning record. I too am anxious to see him develop, but it is going to take some time.
how can some claim that Kaep holds the ball too long, but blame the Oline when Alex does???

I'm not saying there are not instances that Alex gets sacked within a second (mainly for not recognizing a blitz/overload)...but most of Alex's sacks yesterday were from him not being confident in the first read, then freezing up and taking a sack...these decisions/hesitations put us in unfavorable down situations. I mean, even the rookie Daulton did a good job throwing the ball away everynow and then.
Share 49ersWebzone