LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Kaepernick should see time with first team offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Kaep needs to sit until he shaves off that unnatural looking chin hair or trim it better.

I think it makes him look like a Pharoah. It's neat.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

It's far from neat, he looks like a complete Dbag.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Would you accept a World Championship from that dbag?
Alex has been almost as good as a QB could be throwing behind the dismal OLine that trots out there on sunday. 1 turnover in 3 games is the most impressive IMO. Not to mention the %69 completion rate and 91.3 QB rating. I would have to say I have been surprised if anything with how well he is playing. I would have expected at least a couple of sack fumbles by now and maybe 1 or 2 more picks. He is the second best player on offense right now behind Vernon. I dare you to give me somebody else on offense playing better than him, sure as hell aint Gore.

As long as he isn't the one holding it up. If i had a twitter, i would tweet him everyday to shave that ish.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
For as much heat as Alex takes he surely delivered yesterday in the clutch and when the 9ers needed it at the end of the game.

That's fine and great and dandy and all. Why the hell wait until the game is on the line to turn it on though? What he heck ever happened to putting teams away by halftime and letting the defense handle the rest? There is no such thing as "aggressive Alex Smith." With him, it's always going to be a festival of errors until the very end, and it doesn't have to be that way! Not with guys like Davis and Walker, and now Kendall Hunter.

A quarterback can't just always sit there and rely on the line to put up a stone wall. An NFL quarterback needs to have situational awareness and make plays on his own to extend the play. Look at Rodgers and Big Ben and hell, even David Garrard. Standing there like a damn idiot while the world collapses around you is a fastpass to a three-and-out.

The boy generates his own sacks by not using his athelticism. At least he's holding onto the ball so far though. Must be from all the practice he's had.

Maybe you should talk to the HC to see what he is actually intending...
Originally posted by walker807:
Alex has been almost as good as a QB could be throwing behind the dismal OLine that trots out there on sunday. 1 turnover in 3 games is the most impressive IMO. Not to mention the %69 completion rate and 91.3 QB rating. I would have to say I have been surprised if anything with how well he is playing. I would have expected at least a couple of sack fumbles by now and maybe 1 or 2 more picks. He is the second best player on offense right now behind Vernon. I dare you to give me somebody else on offense playing better than him, sure as hell aint Gore.

I do agree with you but saying he is our second best offensive player behind Vernon is not saying much. No one is really performing, and until this passed week, Vernon wasn't either. I would really like to see our passing offense open up, it might help Gore and the run game is teams were a little bit threatened by the pass. The bright side is that when we needed our offense to come through, they did, in the 4th quarter, on the road, cant remember the last time that happened. And also Braylon will be back, and Crabtree looked healthy on Sunday.

I agree with you that he is playing better, but I can't say I am surprised. Look how well Jason Campbell is playing, and probably because in his 7th year he is playing for the same offensive coordinator for the first time in his career, similar to someone we all know to well. I think Smith will have his best season thus far, his stats wont be huge but he will manage us into the playoffs and regain some much needed confidence, as the offense continues to build so will the team around him. I would like to see what he can accomplish under Roman after a second or third year. Because I still don't think Kaep will be ready next season.

People need a life....who cares how he looks? Should be white to? If the player can play and is a good person and not an A-hole, then I could careless.
I would like to see Kaep in a couple option runs myself, make the other team think we are going to run to the RB or QB run , but then pass it deep if they bite, if not then take off running up the sideline. Maybe he is saving it for the stretch of divisional games?
Originally posted by WildBill:

People need a life....who cares how he looks? Should be white to? If the player can play and is a good person and not an A-hole, then I could careless.

Says the guy with similar facial hair

Originally posted by adacosta24:

Originally posted by adacosta24:

Whiffed on that one douche bag-
No way. One of the only reasons we're enduring Alex Smith is to let CK develop properly. Let him sit at least one year, he needs it.

If I thought he could provide one, he is Alex smith version 2.0
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
No way. One of the only reasons we're enduring Alex Smith is to let CK develop properly. Let him sit at least one year, he needs it.

no I'm tired of waiting....I say if the situation calls for it later this year, put him in....and if he looks lost, even with our receiving personal....then we move on and give Baby Jesus a chance.

and if God Forbit that doesn't work...go after Matt Flynn in the offseason.

now I'm not saying give up on those two youngsters....I say we keep them around and still develop them, but we move on to try to bring in a QB who can help us win now. (I'm talking about next season).

as long as we are making moves.....I'm a person who HATES bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway. Sure just riding it out might be the smart thing, BUT I prefer to get off as soon as I can...as long as I am putting the effort of trying to get to my destination...be it driving on the streets, so be it.
Share 49ersWebzone